CA COALINGA JANE DOE: WF, 35-40, found in shallow grave near I-5 in Three Rocks, CA - 12 July 1993 - Mounted ring with a picture boy

1405UFCA - Unidentified Female
1602890442190.png

Date of Discovery: July 12, 1993
Location of Discovery: Three Rocks, Fresno County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 2 or more months prior
State of Remains: Decomposed
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 35-40 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 120-130 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark to medium brown. 10-18" long
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Gold cap on an upper right molar.
Fingerprints: Unknown (sources differ).
DNA: Not available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: She was wearing a tan-colored T-shirt with "California" and three rats on the front and back of the shirt; a white long-sleeved shirt with navy pinstripes; white lace bra; cutoff jean pants size 34/30. A white sock and light yellow full armed shirt with the left arm area being recently torn were found with the remains.
Jewelry: A silver cross and a ring on her right ring finger. Mounted on it was a picture of a boy, about 3 or 4 years old. He appears in a tiny black-and-white photograph with light-colored hair, wearing what appears to be a dark polo-type shirt. There's no clue where the picture was taken, and police have no idea who the boy might be.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was located when an anonymous caller, likely a passing motorist, telephoned the Sheriff's Department and reported seeing a hand protruding from dirt along the Kamm Avenue off ramp, near Three Rocks, a tiny farming community about 50 miles southwest of Fresno. The badly decomposed body of a woman was unearthed. It could have been there more than two months. A fingerprint check with the state's Department of Justice computer records, which also includes records from other western states, came up empty. Missing-persons cases from throughout the state were checked with no matches. With the body so close to I-5, investigators assumed the woman could have been from almost anywhere. Although the cause of death has not been determined, Fresno County sheriff's detectives are handling the case as a homicide.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Fresno County Sheriff - Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Kelly Matlock
Agency Phone Number: 559-600-3400
Agency E-Mail: Coroner(at)fresnosheriff.org
Agency Case Number: 93-07.029

Agency Name: Fresno County Sheriff's Department: Homicide Cold Case Unit
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 559-488-3638
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 16016
Former Hot Case Number: 866

Information Source(s)
NamUs
The Fresno Bee

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked on google earth and there is one pull-out right off I-5. I can't see someone burying a body right on the off-ramp without being seen since
it's a pretty busy interstate.
Are we allowed to post google earth pix here? If so I can get some visuals posted.
Kimster, we just missed each other with timing of living in Fresno and other valley locations. :) Small world.

I looked on google earth and there is one pull-out right off I-5. I can't see someone burying a body right on the off-ramp without being seen since
it's a pretty busy interstate.
Are we allowed to post google earth pix here? If so I can get some visuals posted.
Kimster, we just missed each other with timing of living in Fresno and other valley locations. :) Small world.
I lived there from 1985-87 & again 1990-97!

Here are some shots of the area where Fresno County Jane Doe was found.
It's mostly farmland, some hills, and the I-5 corridor.
1. Overview of the area. I've Pinned the two areas where there are pullouts.
KammAve-I5Wide.jpg

2. Kamm Ave ground view northbound offramp
KammAveOffRampNorthbound.jpg

3.Pullouts East Side of I-5.
KammAveFacingEast.jpg

4. View of I-5 from first pullout, east side of interstate facing west.
KammAveFacingWestDirtRoad.jpg

5. West side of I-5 where Kamm Ave dead ends. There is a gate at the end.
KammAveDeadEnd-WestSideOfI-5.jpg

Last edited:
6. Kamm Ave offramp Southbound
KammAveOfframpSouthBoundI-5.jpg

7. Top of Southbound offramp. I added this view because there is a pullout type area.
Kamm ave is at the stop sign.
KammAveOfframpSouthboundTopView.jpg

8. View of I-5 northbound. The overpass is Kamm Avenue.
I-5Northbound.jpg

I hope this is helpful in visualizing the area. Since we don't know what side of I-5 Fresno County Jane Doe was found I added
shots from both sides of the Interstate. There are a couple of pull outs on the East side of I-5 that look somewhat logical. To
me at least. :)

Thanks for the photos Jante, great work! ;) it is a very desert area, also this woman may have been transported from some other state and dumped at that point.

I wonder if her body was hidden behind some brush? There’s quite a bit of travel in that area during July in the months prior. Lots of farming activity going on. It doesn’t look like it in those pictures, but it’s out there not far from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back