TX ERICA HERNANDEZ: Missing from Houston, TX - 17 April 2021 - Age 40 *Found Deceased*

1619461102634.png 1619461110457.png

Have you seen her? Police searching for mother of 3 missing for several days​

Police are searching for answers in the disappearance of a mother of three who has been missing since Sunday morning.

Investigators said 40-year-old Erica Hernandez was last seen near Highway 288 and the Beltway driving a black GMC Acadia.

“The fact that her children need a mother, that’s what worries me the most,” said Hernandez’s sister Ashley.

Family members said Hernandez had been at a friend’s house Saturday evening. Hernandez left to drop off her car back at home so her daughter could take it to work at 5 a.m. Sunday.

According to the family, Hernandez’s friend texted her to see if she had made it home and Hernandez told her she was five minutes away, but she never made it. No one has heard from her since.

Hernandez’s family believes something may have happened to her because she is not likely to have left her 19-year-old daughter without a vehicle to take to work.

Missing: Mother of 3 last seen in SW Houston last week​

A Houston mother of three vanished six days ago, and her family is hoping someone has seen her.

Erica Hernandez, 40, was last seen in the Braeswood/Bellfort area of southwest Houston around 2:45 a.m. on April 17.

Houston police are investigating, and they say they are taking this case very seriously.

Texas Eqqusearch volunteers are also helping with the search.

Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch said they are helping in the search.

“We do have some areas where the phone pinged last which again is out by that 288/Post Oak area. We’ve search that area," Miller said.
Miller said none of her belongings have been found.

“So what we’re trying to do and what HPD is trying to do is get more information on OnStar and the phone to see if they both went off at the same time and what that location was,” Miller said.

Erica’s family is holding out hope that she’ll soon be reunited with her kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Texas Equusearch mentioned her phone pings. So it appears that they do have that info. Not sure where the pings were in relation to her friends house or her house.

Regarding the texting, I'd be worried about someone leaving for a 30 minute drive at 2:30 am. Especially if they had been drinking (not saying they had). Usually if I'm in a situation like that with a friend we'll say "text when you make it home"...but sometimes we'll forget, so the other person will ask if we made it. If I expected her to be home by 3:00 am, yes I would definitely text and ask if she'd made it yet. If she said 5 minutes away, my most likely response would be "ok well let me know when you make it". Then if I don't hear from her again, yes I'd text again. I don't find anything weird about the texts.

What I AM interested in is how close the phone pings are to where she was supposed to be headed. And if they match up to the times of the texts.
I would call them rather than text if there was a.chamce they were still driving

A quick Google search shows no texting while driving in Texas. This doesn't tell us much as some may not follow the rule and some I know use hands free and voice in the vehicle.

The vehicle the video said is a 2000 so that makes me wonder with regard to GPS and other features.
“We do have some areas where the phone pinged last which again is out by that 288/Post Oak area. We’ve search that area," Miller said.
Miller said none of her belongings have been found.

“So what we’re trying to do and what HPD is trying to do is get more information on OnStar and the phone to see if they both went off at the same time and what that location was,” Miller said.

RSBM
Per @SheWhoMustNotBeNamed quoted post Tim Miller is trying to get information from OnStar as well so this would be the GPS tracking that should provide the exact location for search & rescue.

Family continues search for Erica Hernandez​

Several days have passed and still no answers for the family of 40-year-old Erica Hernandez.

“We’re hoping for the best, but fearing the worst. We’re continuing to search any areas that she may have been to or she frequents,” said her brother Rafael Hernandez.

The mother of three disappeared nearly two weeks ago and remains missing as friends and family gather to search for her.

“We’re not giving up. We’re never going to give up until we have her here one way or the other,” said Rafael.

“Somebody knows something. Somebody saw something, and all we’re asking is here if you heard something and saw something speak up,” said Rafael.

One would have to know her habits but was it normal for her to respond by text while driving? It is against the law in Texas but she did respond that she was five minutes away from home. Not judging whether she broke the law, just wondering if she was one who would reply by text despite the law, many do.

I make a stop (generally would be a convenience store (but I don't night drive much at night so it would be day time) if I need to respond by text. I will never do it while driving. If I was five minutes away, I would likely continue home and then respond if no emergency. She apparently went off radar after that response so my question is did she stop somewhere to respond and something happened at the stop?

I don't think it is unusual to check to see if someone made it home or to tell someone to call or text when they do. It is very usual in my family and with friends.

One would have to know her habits but was it normal for her to respond by text while driving? It is against the law in Texas but she did respond that she was five minutes away from home. Not judging whether she broke the law, just wondering if she was one who would reply by text despite the law, many do.

I make a stop (generally would be a convenience store (but I don't night drive much at night so it would be day time) if I need to respond by text. I will never do it while driving. If I was five minutes away, I would likely continue home and then respond if no emergency. She apparently went off radar after that response so my question is did she stop somewhere to respond and something happened at the stop?

I don't think it is unusual to check to see if someone made it home or to tell someone to call or text when they do. It is very usual in my family and with friends.
Some people are able to text hands-free. I didn’t think about that before. I do have a couple of friends that do that though.

Some people are able to text hands-free. I didn’t think about that before. I do have a couple of friends that do that though.
I think hands free is legal here. My mother is a voice texter even at home. People think autocorrect is bad, voice has at times been responsible for some interesting messages from her when it does not recognize a name or word. LOL.

I think hands free is legal here. My mother is a voice texter even at home. People think autocorrect is bad, voice has at times been responsible for some interesting messages from her when it does not recognize a name or word. LOL.
That is exactly why it seems just as distracting as texting because the ones ive seen doing it are still looking at their phones to make sure it got the right words

Electronic billboards are expected to go up across the state starting Monday in the missing person case of Houston mom Erica Hernandez.

Hernandez's family and friends have also planned a banner drop on the bridges off the Southwest Freeway between Dunlavy and Holcombe. Those wishing to join the banner effort should meet at the Will Weber Baseball Field at 4648 Dunlavy at 4 p.m.

The FBI is now investigating Hernandez's disappearance, but still there are no signs of the missing mother of three, who was last seen 15 days ago.

Her family, along with community volunteers, split up into groups and were passing out flyers Sunday throughout Houston after search efforts were impacted by weather conditions for the second weekend in a row.

Vehicle found during search for missing mother in Missouri City not connected to her case, authorities say​

The search for missing mom Erica Hernandez resumed in Missouri City on Thursday at Buffalo Run Park.

Texas EquuSearch’s Tim Miller said teams began with a ground search at 9 a.m. with hopes of finding something that would lead them to Hernandez’s whereabouts.

According to Miller, there was also a water search for her car using at least one boat with SONAR. On Thursday afternoon, Miller gave an update saying a vehicle had been found underwater, but it was unclear if it belonged to Hernandez.

Divers with the Houston Police Department were sent into the water to investigate. During an update by police, authorities confirmed that a vehicle had been found but it did not match the description of Hernandez’s vehicle.

“We don’t really have good news and we really don’t have bad news,” said L.J. Satterwhite with HPD. “... What we have found is a vehicle that was close but it doesn’t appear to be the same vehicle we are looking for and there is no one in the vehicle.”

Satterwhite said authorities are glad not to have found Hernandez inside the vehicle and will continue to do their best to find her. Satterwhite said only a portion of the lake has been searched, so they will continue to search the area.

“We ended up here because we are exhausting every possible lead that we can, and this really wasn’t a lead. This is just us turning over every stone in an effort to find Ms. Hernendez,” Satterwhite said. “... Our hope (is) that we don’t find her here, that we find Ms. Hernandez alive and well so that we can return her to her family.”

Seach for Erica Hernandez continues after vehicle pulled out of Buffalo Bayou Park determined to not be related to her case​

The search for missing mom Erica Hernandez resumed in Missouri City on Saturday, days after an unrelated vehicle was pulled out of Buffalo Bayou Park during a search for the missing mother.

Searchers will be meeting at the Foodarama on Post Oak at 11 a.m. to resume the search for Hernandez, who has been missing since Sunday, April, 18.

Vehicle pulled from lake in Pearland matches description of SUV belonging to missing Erica Hernandez​

Police said the vehicle pulled out from the pond in Pearland Tuesday evening matched the description of the SUV belonging to missing Houston mother Erica Hernandez.

“The car, I mean it’s her car. There’s a body in there, but I don’t really feel anything right now,” said Ashley Hernandez, Erica’s sister.

The family patiently waited in the neighborhood as dive teams searched the water and crews removed the vehicle. Ashley said the family wants to see the vehicle but hasn’t been able to yet because it’s considered evidence.

For Ashley, some things just aren’t adding up.

“There’s no reason for her to be over here,” Ashley said. “I think somebody had to have made her go in this direction for whatever reason.”

After three weeks of searching for Hernandez, Houston police said they were led to a small lake at the intersection of Reflection Bay and N. Clear Lake.

After searching the area, investigators found an area that was consistent with a vehicle striking a curb and entering a body of water at the end of the road.

Investigators added that they did find damage to the vehicle, which matched initial reports that the vehicle struck a curb before entering the water.

1620790888348.png

Is there a chance she was impaired and that’s why her friend was texting her? Could she have gotten that far off track? Or maybe she was having some kind of symptoms of delusions due to a lack of sugar or some thing and that’s why the friend was texting her? It just seems like there’s a big piece to this that is missing.

Is there a chance she was impaired and that’s why her friend was texting her? Could she have gotten that far off track? Or maybe she was having some kind of symptoms of delusions due to a lack of sugar or some thing and that’s why the friend was texting her? It just seems like there’s a big piece to this that is missing.
They could have received cellular and/on star gps too which would provide this exact location. IMO I believe she was either impaired &/or fell asleep because they didn't state there was an accident at that location.

This part sounds almost like they had reports from someone witnessing an incident and car hitting a curb, etc. but hard to say.

"Investigators added that they did find damage to the vehicle, which matched initial reports that the vehicle struck a curb before entering the water."

I think impairment is a question, not as a judgment but just due to the time of day and where she ended up. She also could have intentionally done this although there is no reason in anything that has been released to think that.

I had maps up on this one of the locations but have since exited them. It sounds like per her sister she was not in an area one would expect. She had said she was five minutes from home, I wonder how far this location is.

It could have been camera evidence that led them in her direction although I don't know how good it would have been at that time of night. Or cell phone/GPS, perhaps they just received some of it, it may have taken some time to access that as she is an adult, I think a judge would have to sign off on a warrant as that is private and in the event she had taken off willingly, not wanting to be found.

It does seem part of this story is missing as to what was going on that day/night. I am not thinking anything suspicious necessarily but more along the lines of an argument with a bf, or family member, upset, etc. is all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back