PA DIANNA BRICE: Missing from Lansdowne, PA - 30 March 2021 - Age 21 *Found Deceased*

1617588537309.png

MISSING: Pregnant 21-year-old last seen with her boyfriend; his car later found ON FIRE​

Investigators in Pennsylvania are looking for a pregnant 21-year-old woman who disappeared this week after an argument with her boyfriend.

Dianna Brice was last seen on Tuesday at a laundry in Lansdowne with her boyfriend, 23-year-old Justin Smith.

Brice’s mother, Betty Cellini, told ABC6 that he called Smith, who admitted the two had an argument.

“He goes, ‘She don’t want to even talk to me,” Cellini told the station. “I said, ‘I don’t care; she’s pregnant with your child.'”

Cellini also said that Brice, who is 14 weeks pregnant, has a serious medical condition and hasn’t taken her daily medication since Tuesday.

Upper Darby Township police said they found Smith’s vehicle on fire in Philadelphia about two hours after they responded to the missing person report. Brice and her boyfriend were reportedly in the car when she was last seen.

“Investigators have looked through hours’ worth of video footage and neither Diana Brice or Justin Smith were seen in, near, or around the car at the time of the fire,” Upper Darby Police Superintendent Timothy Bernhardt said, according to CBS 3.

Cellini told the CBS station that she and Brice went to the Lansdowne laundry Tuesday morning and that her daughter was visibly upset.

“She was so upset. She just kept crying,” Betty Cellini said. “I asked her what was wrong. She said, ‘nothing, Mom.’”

Early in the afternoon, she said, Smith met up with Brice. Cellini said she finished her laundry and headed home, and Brice told her she’d be there shortly. But she never arrived.

Cellini said that was when she called Smith, who said they’d argued and that Brice got out of the car. Smith allegedly went looking for Brice after speaking with Cellini and reported back that he couldn’t fined her. Cellini said she told him she was going to file a missing person report, but Smith objected.

“And he was like, ‘Oh my God, no, you better call me first,’ and I said, ‘What?’ and the phone went dead,” Cellini said. “And then, here came the accident that his car was on fire.”

Police said Brice was Brice was last seen wearing a black, short-sleeved t-shirt, black sweatpangs, and pink and blue Ugg slides. She is described as 4 feet 11 and 190 pounds, with a small black heart tattoo on her right hand, a Mickey Mouse glove with the letters “AJ” on her left forearm, a rose on her left shoulder and right ankle, the word “NANNY” on her left shoulder, and “My Brother’s Keeper” on her chest.

Brice’s family told ABC6 they had hired a private investigator to search for her, and her 4-year-old son wants to know “Where’s my mommy?” Cellini said.

MEDIA - DIANNA BRICE: Missing from Lansdowne, PA since 30 March 2021 - Age 21

Last edited:
Police say Tylydiah Garnett, 21, was arrested this weekend in connection with the death of 21-year-old Dianna Brice, of Lansdowne, Pa., who was reported missing on March 30.

Garnett is being charged with arson, criminal conspiracy, use of communication facility, abuse of corpse and other related offenses. Investigators have not revealed further details on how Garnett was involved in the case.
methinks she was probably the reason why dianna was upset.

Last edited:

Dianna Brice Murder: Warrant issued for Justin Smith in murder of pregnant woman, DA says​

Authorities have issued an arrest warrant for the boyfriend of Dianna Brice, the pregnant Delaware County woman who was found dead last week.

On Monday, authorities announced that an arrest warrant had been issued for Justin Smith, 23, as he is suspected of fatally shooting Brice, 21, after the two went missing late last month.

The news comes days after Upper Darby police announced another woman, Tylydiah Garnett, was taken into custody and charged with arson, abuse of a corpse, and criminal conspiracy in connection with Brice's death. Garnett is also facing a second charge of abuse of a corpse because Brice was pregnant at the time of her murder, authorities say.

Dianna Brice Murder: Warrant issued for Justin Smith in murder of pregnant woman, DA says​

Authorities have issued an arrest warrant for the boyfriend of Dianna Brice, the pregnant Delaware County woman who was found dead last week.

On Monday, authorities announced that an arrest warrant had been issued for Justin Smith, 23, as he is suspected of fatally shooting Brice, 21, after the two went missing late last month.

The news comes days after Upper Darby police announced another woman, Tylydiah Garnett, was taken into custody and charged with arson, abuse of a corpse, and criminal conspiracy in connection with Brice's death. Garnett is also facing a second charge of abuse of a corpse because Brice was pregnant at the time of her murder, authorities say.
Did you see any MSM stating what county or state the warrant was issued out of because there are no current warrants listed out of PA for Smith? :unsure:

Police say Tylydiah Garnett, 21, was arrested this weekend in connection with the death of 21-year-old Dianna Brice, of Lansdowne, Pa., who was reported missing on March 30.

Garnett is being charged with arson, criminal conspiracy, use of communication facility, abuse of corpse and other related offenses. Investigators have not revealed further details on how Garnett was involved in the case.
Wow. Lots of charges...

Is it possible it is federal since state lines have been crossed?
I thought that might be it as well, however

The DA's office says Garnett was arrested in Florida, and bail was set at $75,000 when she returned to the area for arraignment.

Upper Darby Police Commissioner Timothy Bernhardt said the Philadelphia Police Department has taken over as the lead in the case and had no additional details Monday. A spokesperson for the U.S. Marshal’s Service said they had not yet been tapped to look for Smith, who remains a person of interest in the case. *(bbm)

I thought that might be it as well, however

The DA's office says Garnett was arrested in Florida, and bail was set at $75,000 when she returned to the area for arraignment.

Upper Darby Police Commissioner Timothy Bernhardt said the Philadelphia Police Department has taken over as the lead in the case and had no additional details Monday. A spokesperson for the U.S. Marshal’s Service said they had not yet been tapped to look for Smith, who remains a person of interest in the case. *(bbm)
If they have not asked for help one can only hope and figure they have a good idea where he is. I am curious who the third person will be as well. If she was helping him, she is now in jail... This did not take all that long and she is on video, so it sure appears they are not the brightest bulbs... They may not have him yet but they know...

"She calls him, and he was like, 'Oh yeah, me and her was arguing.' And she got out at 57th and Springfield," Brice’s father, who did not want to be identified, told NBC10. "First of all, as a man, if that's my lady and she pregnant, I'm not letting you out of the car. And if I do, I'm going to follow you and I'm going to call either your brother or sister or somebody to tell them to come and get you."

Police began tracking Brice and Smith and determined they were in the West Philadelphia area. On April 5, investigators found Brice’s body in the area of 5800 Eastwick Avenue. They also found Smith's car which had been set on fire near Florence Avenue and 59th Street – that’s a little more than one mile from where the body was found.

After further investigation, police determined Smith had shot Brice multiple times in the head, killing her. Shortly after, Smith’s friend, Tylydiah Garnett, arrived, according to police. Investigators said Garnett was captured on surveillance video buying gasoline before taking it to a garage that Smith either owned or rented. The two then loaded Brice’s body into the trunk of a car and drove it to Florence Avenue and 59th Street where they set the vehicle on fire, investigators said.

Garnett then fled to Miami, Florida, before she was later arrested Saturday morning, according to police. She is charged with arson, criminal conspiracy, use of communication facility, abuse of corpse and other related offenses.

Investigators continue to search for Smith but have not yet revealed any possible whereabouts as the investigation continues.

The Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office said they had asked that Garnett be held without bail, calling her a flight risk, but her bail was set at $75,000 which she eventually posted.

“It’s unacceptable. This is someone who literally has a dead woman who is pregnant and she’s loading that body into her car, purchasing the gasoline and then fleeing to Florida after,” Chesley Lightsey, the Chief of the District Attorney's Office Homicide-Non Fatal Unit, said.

Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner said Garnett’s release was the result of the failure of the current cash bail system.

“When someone is given a bail of $75,000, you do not have to pay $75,000 to get out, based upon a rule passed in 2019. God knows why,” Krasner said. “Every single case is subject to ten percent bail. It used to be that most of the cases were subject to ten percent bail but now the judges do not even have the option to say you have to pay the full amount. So now we’re down to $7500 gets you out. And if you go to a bail bondsman, most of them will take one third of that.”

Over past decades, I've watched society work hard to keep us safer from depraved individuals by having steeper restrictions on serious criminal offenses. I guess we're going to go backwards now. I just hope Garnett doesn't harm anyone while out on bail!

If they have not asked for help one can only hope and figure they have a good idea where he is. I am curious who the third person will be as well. If she was helping him, she is now in jail... This did not take all that long and she is on video, so it sure appears they are not the brightest bulbs... They may not have him yet but they know...
She's not in jail ...

The Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office said they had asked that Garnett be held without bail, calling her a flight risk, but her bail was set at $75,000 which she eventually posted.

“It’s unacceptable. This is someone who literally has a dead woman who is pregnant and she’s loading that body into her car, purchasing the gasoline and then fleeing to Florida after,” Chesley Lightsey, the Chief of the District Attorney's Office Homicide-Non Fatal Unit, said.

She's not in jail ...

We must have been preparing our posts at the same time!

She is FREE? Wow... Well, I'd be tracking that woman if I were them. So he shot her but the gf was in no way shy about helping and was in on it.

Does anyone know what a charge for use of communication facility is? Never heard of such a thing.

She is FREE? Wow... Well, I'd be tracking that woman if I were them. So he shot her but the gf was in no way shy about helping and was in on it.

Does anyone know what a charge for use of communication facility is? Never heard of such a thing.

In Pennsylvania, using a “communication facility,” an instrument that transmits sounds, images or data, to commit, cause or facilitate a drug deal, can lead to your arrest. This means that you can be charged for using your cell phone or landline to communicate by phone, text message, or email to commit a felony drug crime.

In Pennsylvania, using a “communication facility,” an instrument that transmits sounds, images or data, to commit, cause or facilitate a drug deal, can lead to your arrest. This means that you can be charged for using your cell phone or landline to communicate by phone, text message, or email to commit a felony drug crime.

Interesting. I thought maybe it was using someone else's cell phone like to make it look like the victim was alive and texting. So drugs are involved, at least with her? Or I wonder if it would also apply to any crime like a murder plot?

'I can't replace her': Family remembers pregnant Pennsylvania woman found shot to death
Every April 15 for 21 years straight, Dianna Brice's family and friends told her happy birthday.

But this year they told her goodbye, forever.

Brice, a pregnant mother, was found shot to death in southwest Philadelphia.

On what would've been her 22nd birthday, Brice's family held her funeral.

Dianna Brice murder: FBI joins search for Justin Smith in pregnant woman's killing​

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has joined the search for a man wanted in connection with the recent murder of his girlfriend and her unborn child in Philadelphia.

Last week, the Philadelphia District Attorney's office issued a warrant for Smith, 23, in the murder of 21-year-old Dianna Brice. In their bulletin posted Tuesday, the FBI says Smith is alleged to have shot Brice in the head multiple times, killing her and her unborn child.

The FBI says they are offering a monetary reward for information leading directly to the arrest of Justin Smith, who is known to have connections to Greensboro, North Carolina and New Castle, Delaware.

Officials say he has also been seen in the Little Haiti neighborhood of Miami, Florida, and in Atlanta, Georgia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back