SC DEVANTAE GRIFFIN: Missing from Spartanburg, SC - 29 March 2022 - Age 28 *Found Deceased*

1649450802461.png

Family searches for missing man, girlfriend arrested in connection with disappearance​

A Spartanburg family is begging for answers as the search for a missing man enters a second week.

The Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office says Devantae Griffin was reported missing on March 30.

Investigators say Jessica Strachan, Griffin's on-and-off-again girlfriend, is now charged with obstruction of justice in connection with his disappearance.

Deputies say Griffin was last seen shortly after midnight on March 29, leaving Winsmith Avenue with Strachan.

“When he didn’t pick up the phone for me Tuesday morning, I knew something was wrong. When his brother called me and was like, ‘Have you talked to NuNu?’ I said, ‘No, but I’m about to call him real quick,’ and that’ when it went to voicemail," Griffin's cousin, Consana Ferguson, said. "So I called him back and I was like, ‘So who’s he with?’ And he was like, ‘Jessica picked him up.’”

Investigators say they spoke with Strachan on March 31, the day after Griffin was officially reported missing.

“Just to know that he was last seen getting in the car with her, that made us realize something was definitely wrong,” Beverly Griffin said.

The sheriff's office says it learned Strachan gave them misleading information, and she became a person of interest in Griffin's disappearance.

On March 31, investigators say they asked Strachan to come back in for a second interview, but she left for Florida without notifying them. They say they obtained a search warrant and searched her home that same day.

On April 1, the sheriff's office says it obtained an arrest warrant for Strachan for obstruction of justice. She was reportedly arrested in Miami, Florida.

“We just want her to start talking so we can bring him home,” Beverly Griffin said.

Griffin's family says the two have a history of what they call volatile incidents involving Strachan.

“It’s just been a rollercoaster of emotions," Griffin's aunt, Beverly Griffin, said. "Toxic relationship.”

Beverly Griffin says they've heard Strachan threaten Devantae before, and they say they often fear for his safety.

“He loved the wrong girl,” Ferguson said.

MEDIA - DEVANTAE GRIFFIN: Missing from Spartanburg, SC since 29 March 2022 - Age 28

Last edited:

Woman facing charges in search for missing Spartanburg Co. man​

Deputies searching for a missing Spartanburg County man have charged a woman they said is a person of interest in his disappearance.

Griffin was last seen leaving a home on Winsmith Avenue shortly after midnight on March 29 with his on and off girlfriend Jessica Strachan, deputies said.

Investigators said they spoke with Strachan who gave them misleading information during her interview and became a person of interest in the case.

The sheriff’s office said that when investigators asked Strachan to meet them for a second interview, she left for Florida without any notice.

Deputies said they have charged Strachan with Obstruction of Justice. A warrant stated that Strachan took Griffin’s phone.

Strachan was arrested by police in Miami, Florida on April 1, the sheriff’s office said.

1649451073436.png

Woman facing charges in search for missing Spartanburg Co. man​

Deputies searching for a missing Spartanburg County man have charged a woman they said is a person of interest in his disappearance.

Griffin was last seen leaving a home on Winsmith Avenue shortly after midnight on March 29 with his on and off girlfriend Jessica Strachan, deputies said.

Investigators said they spoke with Strachan who gave them misleading information during her interview and became a person of interest in the case.

The sheriff’s office said that when investigators asked Strachan to meet them for a second interview, she left for Florida without any notice.

Deputies said they have charged Strachan with Obstruction of Justice. A warrant stated that Strachan took Griffin’s phone.

Strachan was arrested by police in Miami, Florida on April 1, the sheriff’s office said.

View attachment 14502
Interesting how the situation is all too familiar however the genders are opposite.

What could she have done to him? It seems like women are known to poison their victims. I just can’t see where she could have held him captive somewhere and he is still alive, I hate to say that in case his family might be reading, but the chances of her being able to overpower him are pretty slim unless he has a condition I don’t know about.

What could she have done to him? It seems like women are known to poison their victims. I just can’t see where she could have held him captive somewhere and he is still alive, I hate to say that in case his family might be reading, but the chances of her being able to overpower him are pretty slim unless he has a condition I don’t know about.
Most people are quite compliant if a weapon is being used, no matter their size.

If she did something to him, a few thoughts are it was late so perhaps they were out and/or had been drinking or drugs or not, not saying there was such, just trying to think of how she could get the advantage on him.

Of course, a gun is hard to argue with... Maybe a knife...

Of there could have been someone else involved, another man, etc.

Finally, she could have done something to him while he was asleep.

Just some thoughts. Maybe she didn't kill him but knows who did...

Body of missing Spartanburg man found in 'shallow grave'; person of interest wanted, deputies say​

The body of a man reported missing last month, whose girlfriend was charged in his disappearance, was found this week in a shallow grave, an Upstate coroner said Friday.

And deputies are asking the public to help find a person in connection with the death.

Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger said in a release the body of Devantae Alzondrae Griffin, 28, has been identified after his remains were found Tuesday.

Clevenger said his office was called to an area off Evans Drive, in Roebuck, after deputies and crews with Foothills Search and Rescue found the body.

"A clandestine dig was conducted and a human decedent was recovered from a shallow grave," Clevenger said.

Clevenger ruled the death a homicide.

Lt. Kevin Bobo, with the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, said Griffin’s body was found in the woods behind the Evans Acres neighborhood.

Bobo said Tarus Dorail Crook, 33, of Spartanburg, has been identified as a person of interest in Griffin's death.

1651250047442.png

“We have a murder," Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright said. "This is not just a missing person anymore.”

Lt. Kevin Bobo, with the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, said Devantae Griffin’s body was found in the woods behind the Evans Acres neighborhood.

“I don’t think this was happenstance," Wright said. "I think, after this murder took place, there was some collaboration with someone else and that’s where he was found, in the shallow grave.”

Wright said it's unclear what, if any, relationship Crook had with Devantae Griffin. However, he said, Strachan knows Crook well.

Woman charged with murder after Spartanburg County man found in shallow grave​

Months after a Spartanburg County man’s body was found, deputies said a woman initially named a person of interest in the case has been charged with murder.

Investigators interviewed Jessica Strachan, who was reportedly the last person to see Griffin. They wanted to interview her a second time, but said Strachan went to Florida without notice.

She was charged with obstruction of justice in April after a search warrant was executed at her house.

The Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office said on Friday the ongoing investigation led to enough probable cause to charge Strachan with murder and possession of a weapon during a violent crime.

Warrants state Strachan stabbed Griffin to death.

She remains incarcerated after officials say she violated the condition of her home detention when she bonded out on the obstruction of justice charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back