FL DANIA BEACH JOHN DOE: WM, 20-30, found in a wooded area near the I-595 ramp in Dania Beach, FL - 30 Sep 1997 - Suicide note

The Doe Network:
Case File 1185UMFL

1602890405858.png
Suicide Letter

Unidentified White Male

The victim was discovered on September 30, 1997 in Dania Beach, Broward County, Florida.
Estimated Date of Death: September 30, 1997

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20-30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'7"
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair but was balding.
Clothing: Shirt, shoes, socks, trousers.
Other Personal Effects: $2.00, "Revlon", white metal pocket knife and one key.

Case History
The remains of an elderly man who hung himself from a tree were found in a wooded area in the 3500 block of U. S. 1, near the Interstate 595 ramp. His suicide note revealed that he had been depressed, was in poor health, lacked money and resented the government. He wrote that he could not afford the $900 he needed for his medication.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Medical Examiner District 17 (Florida)
Edwina Johnson
954-327-6500
You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
199-01215

Source Information:
FLUIDDB.com
Broward County Crime Stoppers

Last edited:
The note

Best attempt to type out the scanned excerpt from the suicide note. The parts in brackets were my best guess at blurry or obliterated words or lines.

I am expressing my Right to Die as
the Government says we don't Have
any one with half the pain that I am
going thru would do the same the
pain gets stronger by the day since
I don't have the 900.00 a month it take
to keep me in medication. And have been
to all government agencies for help
with letters from [ ] Dr. telling them my
problems.
Since I am [not an] un wed mother
under 18 [or a senior citizen] there is
nothing they can [do] [ ]
[ ]
[ ] the [ ]
at least now [I will] be at Peace
and out of Pain
I get a little [ ] when I think
about the fact that the Government will
have to pay for my creamation since
I have no family

The note

Best attempt to type out the scanned excerpt from the suicide note. The parts in brackets were my best guess at blurry or obliterated words or lines.

I am expressing my Right to Die as
the Government says we don't Have
any one with half the pain that I am
going thru would do the same the
pain gets stronger by the day since
I don't have the 900.00 a month it take
to keep me in medication. And have been
to all government agencies for help
with letters from [ ] Dr. telling them my
problems.
Since I am [not an] un wed mother
under 18 [or a senior citizen] there is
nothing they can [do] [ ]
[ ]
[ ] the [ ]
at least now [I will] be at Peace
and out of Pain
I get a little [ ] when I think
about the fact that the Government will
have to pay for my creamation since
I have no family
What a sad letter! It looks like they thought they were going to die anyway? Due to pain?

What a sad letter! It looks like they thought they were going to die anyway? Due to pain?
Depending on what the pain was from. Speaking from having Chronic pain from numerous injuries and not getting what I need it can make you suicidal. The pain gets overwhelming. And feeling it on a daily basis. So bad on occasion you feel the only way out is to die. The way I describe it is "You want to jump out of your own skin".

I can understand that man. I don't get the help I need from the Government or Doctors. I do not have Children. Not a Senior Citizen or a minority or immigrant. Can't afford something now legal because of cost. People have ruined it for me to get pain meds that have abused the system. And those are not opinions. Those are facts.

I can understand that man. I don't get the help I need from the Government or Doctors. I do not have Children. Not a Senior Citizen or a minority or immigrant. Can't afford something now legal because of cost. People have ruined it for me to get pain meds that have abused the system. And those are not opinions. Those are facts.
I can totally relate to this, @Mel70 . It's often very difficult to not give up. And being accused of "drug seeking" because the govt. has suddenly decided that everyone who's getting pain meds is abusing them is vile, hurtful, and unfair. Until one experiences the agony of trying to just get through one more day, or one more hour, and is unable to even find a doctor, let alone get necessary treatment- including medication- they have no idea of how unimportant and alone you feel...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back