AL CHRISTY GARRARD: Missing from Boaz, AL - 15 August 1998 - Age 24

Akoya

dOKDthU.jpg

9IqYDrM.jpg

Christy was last seen on August 15, 1998 on Roden Avenue in Boaz Alabama. Around 9:00 in the morning Christy was in the company of a male friend with whom she had spent the night with at his home. The friend states that he took Christy to her Aunt's house. However Christy was never seen by any family members at her Aunt's house. Christy and her friend were traveling in a white pick-up on the day she disappeared.

Click the Report button on a case if you'd like it to be moved to the general discussion area to be opened for commenting.

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited by a moderator:

Akoya

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1696dfal.html

Christy Lyn Garrard
Missing since August 14, 1998 from Boaz, Alabama
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 16, 1974
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. green eyes; reddish brown hair (may be blonde).
Marks, Scars: Pierced ears, tattoo of Mickey Mouse on left shoulder.
Clothing: A white cut off T-shirt, black shorts, and white tennis shoes.
AKA: Christy Morrison

Circumstances of Disappearance
Christy Garrard, the mother of two children, was last seen on August 15th 1998 on Roden Avenue in Boaz Alabama. It was around 09:00 in the morning when Christy was with a male friend with whom she had spent the night with at his home.
The friend states that he took Christy to her Aunts house. Christy was never seen by any family members at her Aunts house. Christy and her friend were traveling in a white pickup on the day she disappeared.
Christy was divorced and "a free spirit" who went her own way, She loved her children and always made sure they were cared for.
Christy often stayed with friends and relatives but always called her parents every few days. She called and talked to her son just two days before she disappeared, she told him she would be back the next day and they would go bowling. But Christy didn't show up, and after no word from her for a week, her parents called the police.
In January 1999, a 16-year-old DeKalb County boy told Boaz police and DeKalb County authorities he knew where she was killed. Authorities searched an area near Cross Creek in the Aroney community of DeKalb County but they determined the boy was lying.
That November, authorities acting on a tip searched in the Point of Pines community near Guntersville but failed to find anything.

Akoya

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 14, 1998 from Boaz, Alabama
Age at time of disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight: 5'5, 110 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Garrard's maiden name is Morrison and some accounts refer to her as Christy Morrison Garrard or Christy Morrison. Her ears are pierced and she has a tattoo of the cartoon character Mickey Mouse on her left shoulder. She may have blonde highlights in her hair. Some agencies spell Garrard's middle name "Lynn."

Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white cut-off t-shirt, black shorts and white tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance

Garrard was last seen in the vicinity of Roden Avenue and U. S. Highway 431 in Boaz, Alabama at 9:00 a.m. on August 14, 1998. She has never been heard from again. Extensive searches of the area produced no clues related to her disappearance. Her family members received information that she may have been a homicide victim, but Garrard's body has never been located. She has two children. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Boaz Police Department 256-593-6812

Akoya

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=5616171&nav=0hBE
Olen Morrison visits his daughter's grave site often, but he says it's just a tombstone.

His daughter's body is not buried there.

Christy Lynn Morrison Garrard, 24-years-old at the time, was last seen riding along Roden Avenue and Highway 431 in Boaz on August 14, 1998.

"For the last eight and nearly a half year now I've been on the search for my daughter that is missing. By working so close with the police department, I do know that she is not coming back home, that she has been murdered," said Morrison.

Morrison says he's followed several leads, searched high and low for his daughter's body, but hasn't had any luck.

"You look for closure. And that's what a funeral and a burial is for is closure. And there's been no closure. She's lying somewhere. How, where? I don't know. But, she's lying somewhere," said Morrison.

Boaz Police Chief Terry Davis says in terms of the years that have gone by, the case is cold.

He says they still get leads, but they don't have enough information to find Garrard's body, or make an arrest.

"We've got ideas of what went on. But, we need to get some solid evidence," said Chief Davis.

But, there is new hope eight years later.

A national campaign is offering a $100,000 reward for information that leads authorities to Garrard's body and her killer.

The money is good from November 5th to the 24th.

"Please come forward. I'm not looking for revenge. I'm just looking for my daughter," said Morrison.

If you have any information that could help solve this case, call Boaz Police at 256-593-6812 or 256-593-6386.

Akoya

There is some very important information in this document from Christy's mother.

Christy Lyn Garrard

Christy's name was Christy Lyn Garrard; she was last seen on Aug 15th 1998 on Roden Ave in Boaz Alabama. It was about 9' o’clock in the morning she was with a male friend. His name is Phillip Kilpatrick she had spent the night at his home. He tells us that he took her to my sister's house. They were seen in a white pick-up truck. She never made it to my sister's house, and Phillip's parents have hired a lawyer to hinder any more questioning of him. I really don't think he hurt her but I’m sure he knows who did. Christy was like wind in your face, full of laughter, full of life, she always liked danger and was not afraid of anyone or anything. She was loved so much by us her family and her two children. The children ask so many questions about their Mom. It is so hard to explain to them what you do not understand yourself. We have a 10,000-dollar reward
for information to her whereabouts are who is knows who took her life. I know in my heart she has been murdered but I would like to know where her remains are at. Our lives have forever changed and I fear will never be the same. It’s hard to believe people can just take another person's life and just go on living their life as if nothing has happened. How does this happen? Has it gotten so bad that people can kill another as if they ran over a dog? Which if I ran over a animal I would search for the owner's so they would know what happened to their beloved animal. I have a hard time understanding, how cruel people can be. People now kill people for living a different life style. When that is wrong for if you love someone no matter the gender who has the right to try and judge that. I’m sorry I’m talking about Christy but I still watch the news and see what is happening in our world. Christy had a drug problem and she always ran with a rough bunch of people. But I still love her and shall always love her. She felt no one could hurt her but she was wrong. The love and laughter she gave this family will never be replaced. She was an angel to me and always will be. I can never find the word's to tell any one how much I miss her, and how empty I feel since she is gone. If only I could have been there to help her. I cry and pray and nothing takes the pain away. Sometimes I wonder if I can go on another day but I have to because the children need me, my other daughter need's me and most of all my wonderful husband needs me. My husband tried to tell you how to get Christy’s picture from Alabama
Center for missing and exploited children web page If this does not work we will try and do it another way I truly thank you for your kindness, I wish some day to repay your kindness. That is something hard to find in this world today.

Thank you Deborah Morrison

www.missingpeople.net/Christy%20Lyn%20Garrard.doc

Akoya

There is some interesting information in these comments. The comments above indicate that Christy had an addiction problem. Some of these comments indicate that the family seems to have knowledge about the person(s) who may have murdered Christy. She was last seen getting into a car with a boyfriend. I want to know who he was.

Christy Morrison Garrard

• Dawn Michelle Ray Just so everyone knows, this beautiful lady has a new grandson that will never know his grandmother. The pain doesn't stop with those of us who knew her. I do hope and pray there are many guilty conscious out there who might not be able to sleep tonight, I also hope that it eats at them for eternity. Nothing in this world can make what you did, who you know, or what you know okay. You are not forgiven.
August 14, 2013 at 11:32pm • 5

Nichole McCormick Amen
August 15, 2013 at 12:49am

Regina Rhodes I am so sorry for her loss and that I didn't come forward with anything I may or may not have know...please everyone we need to bring closure to this family so they may have some PEACE in their heart...I pray for all of you on a daily basis!
August 15, 2013 at 8:01am • 2

Michelle Mims Thank you Regina we are greatful for what you have done
August 15, 2013 at 7:35pm • 1

Find Lauren Spierer Christy Morrison remains in our prayers.
August 15, 2013 at 8:58pm • 1

Debbie Morrison Nothing will ever be the same. Our family has fallen apart. How much more do these murdering people want one that has first hand knowledge sets on a government set. I pray that these people pay with blood sweat and tears. You took my youngest daughters life. And my oldest daughter suffers as I suffer. God will not take all this without you murders suffering. I pray Christy is happy now. She would be proud of her first grandson Kayden Chance Garrard. I love u sister and miss our family as it was when u were here.
August 23, 2013 at 10:47pm • 3

Michelle Mims‎Christy Morrison
May 11, 2013 •
I just want to say to you ive tried really hard to find Karissa for you but all my attempts have failed. Kristian found her first but was immediatley blocked! I will continue my search for you and her. Who could have ever imagined you both would one day be lost. Please know i fought that but was powerless! She will know that you are her mother if it kills me! If anybody can help me her name is Karissa Morrison whos name was quickly changed to McCall.....Im sorry Happy Mothers Day in heaven.... I love you

Debbie Morrison‎Christy Morrison
February 3, 2013 •
I saw Kris today and he is a copy of you. I sit here with tears running down my cheeks because I miss u so much. If only u could have stayed I would have left. My health is not good so maybe I will see u pretty soon. What a mess our family has become but I love all of them but I am ready to come to u and rest and be whole again just know your mother loves u and think of u all the time. I love u baby girl

Michelle Mims Im sorry i upset you girls:( Hes been gone in the army and I really miss him but he has that restless spirit just like his mother. He dont stay in one place for to long lol And Pam you were always one of my best friends and the time we spent growing up 2gether is special to me. Maybe we can get 2gether sometime cause i miss you! I remember when he dated Heather but Crystal who is your daughter?
July 4, 2012 at 2:32pm

Charlotte Mulvihill I hope everyone that looks will share. No one knows what happened to her. She has family and a child that live in and around Boaz, Alabama. Her family nor her friends have ever given up trying to find her or what happened to her. They never will. We just want her to know If she can come home and/or If she wants to she is still and always will be Wanted Needed Loved and she is Missed.
June 24, 2012 at 8:24am

Akoya

https://www.facebook.com/TheTearsOfLost ... 0922543210

Forgotten Angels

Happy 39th birthday to Christy Lyn Morrieson Garrard.

We do not post too many adults here. But one of the pages likes asked that Christy Garrard be added. Her name is Amanda and Christy is her cousin.
Christy was 24 years old when she went missing on August 14 1998 somewhere around Roden Avenue and US Highhway 431 in Boza Alabama.
Christy would stand out and be rememberable because she has a tattoo on her left shoulder of Mikey Mouse.
On May 6th three little girls come hom after being kept in a horror house by an evil ass monster ******* for ten years.
Over the last few years we have seen several kids come home after excaping from a monster.
But some of the kids cannot excape on their own. So take a few minutes and think about the people you know. Think about Uncle Bob and cousin tony. Think about the old man next door, and the crazy lady that lives down the street.
Now, don't ask me what to do. Dpn't ask me if I think you should call someone and report someone else. Ask your self. Is there anyone that has given you reason to believe they have hurt someone?
Only you know if you should drop a dime. Only you knows if you should make an enemy. Only you knows if you should make a call and maybe make your self look like a fool. Or maybe be the hero for someones life.
Just take a second and think. do you know a monster? And then let me know if you need to borrow a dime for a call.
God bless you Christy. We are praying for you and we remember you.

Forgotten Angels
A01.01 Christy Lyn Morrison Garrard
May 16 1974 - 08.14.1998- Missing

Circumstances: Her family members received information that she may have been a homicide victim, but Garrard's body has never been located.

Additional comments: She has two children. Some accounts refer to her as Christy Morrison Garrard ( Maiden name , Morrison) , Medium Complexion. May have Blonde Highlites in her hair.

MISSING PERSON PROFILE
http://www.411gina.org/christylyngarrard.html
Christy Garrard, the mother of two children, was last seen on August 15, 1998 on Roden Avenue in Boaz, Alabama around 9:00 a.m. Christy was with a male friend, with whom she had spent the night before. The friend stated that he took Christy to her aunt's house, but Christy was never seen by any family members at her aunt's house. Christy and her friend were traveling in a white pickup on the day she disappeared. Her whereabouts remain unknown and her case remains unsolved

Circumstances: Her family members received information that she may have been a homicide victim, but Garrard's body has never been located. Nov 1, 2006 10:11 AM CST Reward offered for missing daughter's body return With huge reward money at stake, a Valley father is hoping his missing daughter's body will be found after eight long years. Olen Morrison visits his daughter's grave site often, but he says it's just a tombstone. His daughter's body is not buried there. Christy Lynn Morrison Garrard, 24-years-old at the time, was last seen riding along Roden Avenue and Highway 431 in Boaz on August 14, 1998. "For the last eight and nearly a half year now I've been on the search for my daughter that is missing. By working so close with the police department, I do know that she is not coming back home, that she has been murdered," said Morrison. Morrison says he's followed several leads, searched high and low for his daughter's body, but hasn't had any luck. "You look for closure. And that's what a funeral and a burial is for is closure. And there's been no closure. She's lying somewhere. How, where? I don't know. But, she's lying somewhere," said Morrison. Boaz Police Chief Terry Davis says in terms of the years that have gone by, the case is cold. He says they still get leads, but they don't have enough information to find Garrard's body, or make an arrest. "We've got ideas of what went on. But, we need to get some solid evidence," said Chief Davis. But, there is new hope eight years later. A national campaign is offering a $100,000 reward for information that leads authorities to Garrard's body and her killer. The money is good from November 5th to the 24th. "Please come forward. I'm not looking for revenge. I'm just looking for my daughter," said Morrison. If you have any information that could help solve this case, call Boaz Police at 256-593-6812 or 256-593-6386.

Could skull be that of a missing Marshall County woman?
Christy Garrard WAFF - AL, USA
http://unsolveditn.blogspot.com/2011_05_13_archive.html

http://www.waff.com/story/14406326/could-skull-b…
Posted: May 07, 2011 6:47 PM EDT By Stephen McLamb
MARSHALL COUNTY, AL
Investigators are trying to determine if the discovery of a skull could solve a missing person's case.
It's been nearly 13 years since 24-year-old Christy Morrison Garrard went missing in Marshall County.
That skull was found by a fisherman the weekend of February 26th in the lake in Guntersville.
Authorities are quick to say they don't know if the skull is that of the missing woman. But Boaz Police who are working her case have been called in.
Her father heard about the skull being found and didn't think much about it until police began calling him.
"I was sitting here watching television on 48 News and something came across the screen on it," said Olen Morrison, father Christy Garrad.
Morrison remembers that day in February news was released that a skull had been found on Lake Guntersville.
He didn't think much about it being possibly his daughter Christy Morrison Garrard's until he got a call.
"Boaz Police Department called me wanting to know if I had any dental records,"adds Morrison.
The dental records he's referring to are those of Christy Morrison Garrard who went missing in August 1998.
Authorities say she was last seen in Boaz heading north on Highway 431 to a party.
"Now that's not saying that it's her. We have no idea," said Boaz Police Chief Terry Davis.
Chief Davis says they got a call from Guntersville Police about the skull because they have two outstanding missing persons cases. But there's a connection to where the skull was found and searches made a couple years after Garrard went missing.
"And yes, we've searched the area around the lake," adds Chief Davis.
There is reason for Christy's dad to be optimistic.
"See I don't want to let myself get knocked down again," said Morrison.
But instead of getting involved in the roller coaster set of emotions, he says it's in God's hands now. "I would just like to find her and you know put final closure to it," said Morrison.
The remains found by the fisherman remain at a forensics lab where they're doing analysis to see if they're able to determine whose remains they really are.

Investigators following up on Boaz missing person’s case
Fishermen find skull in Lake Guntersville in February

Story
http://www.sandmountainreporter.com/…/a ... 04186-6221…
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 3:44 pm
By Elizabeth Summers
Following up on leads in a missing person case is extremely frustrating, especially if the missing is a personal family friend.
Boaz Police Chief Terry Davis knows all too well those feelings of frustration as he has tried to solve the disappearance of 24-year-old Christy Morrison Garrard, missing since Aug. 14, 1998.
Fishermen found a human skull in late February while fishing in Lake Guntersville. Shortly after the find, Davis and his investigators were asked to supply case information on the two thus-unsolved missing persons cases in his jurisdiction in the hopes the skull belongs to one of the missing women.
“We’ve had probably 3,000 leads on Christy’s case,” Davis said. “What we are hoping to do is No. 1, find out what happened to her. No. 2, find her. And, maybe most importantly, No. 3, is to give the family a final sense of closure.
“We’ve checked out leads from all over the state and the region.
“But we’ve done that on the other missing person as well.”
The second missing person is Peggy Mock, missing since Christmas Day, 1992. The 55-year-old woman was reportedly last seen in Guntersville, but sightings have also been reported in Gadsden.
Davis said anytime a body is found, police search nationwide for a missing person matching the age, description and other distinguishing features, Davis said.
“We got a teletype from Guam the other day,” he said. “They fingerprinted someone and it was within the range of matches for one of our missing persons cases.
“We have to follow up on it. That is our job.”
Garrard is the daughter of former Boaz Fire Chief Olan Morrison. Morrison worked closely with Davis through the city and the men and their families are friends.
“I know they put up a tombstone at the cemetery so they would have somewhere to go, even though they don’t have a body to put in there yet,” Davis said.
“They are friends of mine. What they have been through is amazing. Knowing them makes this case all the more important to us.
“We haven’t given up on finding her and we won’t give up.
“Right now, we don’t know who the skull belongs to.”
Davis said the skull has been turned over to the Department of Forensic Sciences in Huntsville where scientists will compare it with dental records provided by the Morrison family.
Davis said there is no timetable for results to be announced, although he hopes they come sooner rather than later.

Akoya

COLD CASE REWARD

Christy Morrison Garrard, the mother of two children, was last seen on August 15, 1998 on Roden Avenue in Boaz, Alabama around 9:00 a.m. Christy was with a male friend, with whom she had spent the night before. The friend stated that he took Christy to her aunt’s house, but Christy was never seen by any family members at her aunt’s house. Christy and her friend were traveling in a white pickup on the day she disappeared. Her whereabouts remain unknown and her case remains unsolved.

The family is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to her recovery.

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 14, 1998 from Boaz, Alabama
Date Of Birth: May 16, 1974 Age: 24
Height: 5’5″ Weight: 110 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown/Red/Auburn Eye Color: Green
Race: White Gender: Female
Distinguishing Chareteristics: “Mickey Mouse”
tattoo on left shoulder. Pierced ears.
Clothing: White cut off t-shirt, black shorts,
and white tennis shoes.
AKA: Christy Lynn Garrard; Christy Morrison Garrard
NCIC Number: M-149277159 Case Number: MP0898470

Investigating Agency
Boaz Police Department
Investigator Gary Stanfield
(256) 593-6812
OR
Alabama Bureau of Investigation
(800) 228-7688

Akoya

http://blog.al.com/east-alabama/2013/05 ... es_re.html

East Alabama disappearances remain unsolved, some for decades

ANNISTON, Alabama -- Some East Alabama communities have been waiting decades for solutions to a few baffling missing persons cases.

With the recent rescue in Cleveland of three women held captive for a decade after being reported missing, local disappearances may get additional attention.
The Department of Justice's National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, or NamUs, has 133 Alabama missing person cases listed in its nationwide registry.

Two cases in Anniston have long been thought related. On Aug. 21, 1990, James P. Burrows was reported missing. Less than two weeks later, Jeffrey S. McFry, 23, also went missing.

Burrow's motorcycle was found sunken in a bog near a friend's house more than a year after his disappearance. McFry was last seen in his mother's trailer.

Floyd R. Hurst, 44, of Oxford. Was last seen Super Bowl Sunday, Jan. 24, 1997, on his way to a party at the Red Horse Lounge to watch the game.

Karen D. Steed, 29, of Piedmont. Disappeared since Nov. 23, 1997. Was last seen at her home in Piedmont. Her car was found on Interstate 20 a month later in Cleburne County.
Lisa Stowe, 29, of Centre. Last seen Dec. 26, 1999, wearing blue jeans and a blue denim jacket. She has a tattoo of a tulip on her right shoulder.

Glenna Slicker, 37, of Cedar Bluff. Missing since January 1998 when she walked away from her home.

Christy Garrard, 24, of Boaz. Last seen Aug. 12, 1998, wearing a white cut-off T-shirt, blue shorts and white tennis shoes.
Forrest Amell, 21, of Pell City. Missing since April 17, 2012. Was last seen leaving his apartment around 8:30 a.m. after finishing a shift at Waffle House.

Felicia Cochran, 26, of Pell City. Disappeared July 9, 1992. The car in which Cochran was last seen, a 1987 Nissan Sentra, was found burned after she was reported missing.

Clara Rogers, 73, of Mumford. Missing since July 8, 2010. She was last seen by her husband that morning, but was gone when he came back to the house in the afternoon. She may be suffering from dementia.

Kelley L. Howard, 41, of Riverside. Missing since May 31, 2009. She was last seen at her job in town, and her car was found still parked outside her place of employment.

Akoya

http://www.sandmountainreporter.com/new ... 002e0.html

Investigators following up on Boaz missing person’s case

Fishermen find skull in Lake Guntersville in February

Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 3:44 pm

By Elizabeth Summers | education@sandmountainreporter.com | 0 comments
Following up on leads in a missing person case is extremely frustrating, especially if the missing is a personal family friend

Boaz Police Chief Terry Davis knows all too well those feelings of frustration as he has tried to solve the disappearance of 24-year-old Christy Morrison Garrard, missing since Aug. 14, 1998.

Akoya

Family suffers through years of red tape

Published: Monday, July 15, 2002 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Sunday, July 14, 2002 at 11:00 p.m.
Her daughter’s tombstone is a comfort to Debbie Morrison, but

Almost four years after the disappearance of her daughter Christy, Debbie Morrison is still looking for answers. Christy disappeared on Aug. 15, 1998, and has not been seen or heard from since. Debbie fears her daughter was murdered, but a body has never been recovered. To help in the grieving the family bought a grave site near their home in Boaz. Pictured is Christy’s son Kristian Garrard and her mother Debbie Morrison.

GADSDEN TIMES / JACOB LANGSTON
the grave she knows is empty breaks her heart.

Christy Morrison Garrard was 24 when her family last saw her on Aug.

15, 1998.

Her family has been told she was murdered, but her body has never been

found.

Christy Garrard’s son, Kristian Garrard, was 8 years old and daughter,

Karissa McCall, was 2.

Kristian, now 12, lives with his grandparents, Olen and Debbie Morrison.

Karissa, 6, lives with her other grandparents, Lou and Darrel McCall.

The Morrisons not only have suffered through the heartache of missing

their daughter, but also wading through red tape to find closure.

Under Alabama law there is a seven-year waiting period before a person

can be declared legally dead if a body is not found.

Because of that law, Kristian is not eligible for any death benefits

from his mother.

"As his grandparents we can give him love," she said. The Morrisons

make sure he has food and clothing, but are not able to provide financially

for his future.

The Morrisons have custody of Kristian, but even if the couple adopted

him, he would not be eligible for Social Security benefits because of their

age.

Karissa was adopted by her grandparents, who are old enough for her

to qualify for Social Security.

With Social Security benefits, some money could be put away for Kristian’s

future, his grandmother said.

If no body is found, a family must wait five years before going before

the probate judge to have someone declared dead. Evidence must be good

enough to convince the judge that the person is dead, Morrison said.

The Morrisons will need to hire a lawyer to represent them in probate

court next year.

If the probate judge chooses, the wait could be the entire seven-year

period.

"We have to believe God will give us what we need to go to court,"

Morrison said.

A change in the law now probably would have little effect on Kristian

because of his age, but Debbie Morrison hopes to see the law changed.

"I want to use what happened to Christy to make sure others don’t have

to fight to get benefits," she said.

Morrison said she would like to see the five-year waiting period changed

to a 36-month period.

"I never dreamed the law was like this," she said. "I don’t want people

in the situation we’re in to have to fight everywhere they go for the kids

left behind."

Sen. Hinton Mitchem, D-Albertville, and Rep. Frank McDaniel, D-Albertville,

worked on a bill to that effect last year, but it never got out of the

House of Representatives, Morrison said.

Morrison has contacted the governor’s office and a U.S. congressman.

"Everywhere we’ve turned we’ve gotten the door slammed in our face,"

she said. "We’ve hit so many dead ends."

Morrison said she and her husband have talked about the consequences

should something happen to him and his body was not found.

"I couldn’t collect his life insurance money or any kind of benefits,"

she said. "We would lose everything."

The way Morrison sees it, there is no difference in her daughter’s

unaccounted for body and the bodies never recovered from the World Trade

Center.

"There were at least 1,600 death certificates issued for people whose

bodies were never found," she said.

Christy’s body has not been found, but not from lack of searching and

praying, her mother said.

Fliers were immediately distributed and police and family searched

nonstop for days.

Olen Morrison, the Boaz fire chief, had many friends from the fire

and police departments who helped him search many long hours - above and

beyond the many organized searches following leads in the investigation.

"I’ve probably rode 20,000 miles looking for her," he said. "If I come

in with scratches, she knows where I’ve been. And we’re still looking."

His long hours of searching prompted him to write a song that has been

recorded and is played on local radio stations and is sung in church.

It’s title is "Jesus, my brothers and me." Olen Morrison wrote about

his "brothers" at the police and fire departments who helped in the search

and how hours have turned into days. The song was recorded by Jack Toney.

The bitterness Olen Morrison felt was closing in on him, so writing

the song was like therapy, he said.

"I can’t sing and I don’t know anything about writing music," he said.

"The Lord just gave it to me.

"You never have the closure you need, but the song helped."

A $10,000 reward is still posted for information leading to the recovery

of Christy’s body.

"If we could just find Christy’s body, I wouldn’t care if anybody ever

was arrested," he said. "I’ve already had to forgive those guys for what

they’ve done. It was eating me up. The hate and bitterness were just too

much. I had to forgive them."

The Morrisons borrowed the money two years ago for a memorial service

and the tombstone.

The grave is at a cemetery near their home and Kristian often rides

his bike to visit.

"To my beloved Kristian and Karissa - I will always be with you," is

etched on the tombstone.

Kristian knows his mother’s body is not there, but he goes three or

four times a week.

"I’m glad he’s got a place to go," Debbie Morrison said. "It’s been

a blessing to me, too. It gives us the comfort we need. We may never have

anything but an empty grave to go visit."

---

Anyone who has information about the whereabouts of Christy Garrard’s

body can contact Gary Stanfield at the Boaz Police Department, 593-6812.

Akoya

http://www.waff.com/
Father wants help finding his daughter's body

Nov 1, 2006 10:11 AM CST

Reward offered for missing daughter's body return

With huge reward money at stake, a Valley father is hoping his missing daughter's body will be found after eight long years.

Olen Morrison visits his daughter's grave site often, but he says it's just a tombstone.

His daughter's body is not buried there.

Christy Lynn Morrison Garrard, 24-years-old at the time, was last seen riding along Roden Avenue and Highway 431 in Boaz on August 14, 1998.

"For the last eight and nearly a half year now I've been on the search for my daughter that is missing. By working so close with the police department, I do know that she is not coming back home, that she has been murdered," said Morrison.

Morrison says he's followed several leads, searched high and low for his daughter's body, but hasn't had any luck.

"You look for closure. And that's what a funeral and a burial is for is closure. And there's been no closure. She's lying somewhere. How, where? I don't know. But, she's lying somewhere," said Morrison.

Boaz Police Chief Terry Davis says in terms of the years that have gone by, the case is cold.

He says they still get leads, but they don't have enough information to find Garrard's body, or make an arrest.

"We've got ideas of what went on. But, we need to get some solid evidence," said Chief Davis.

But, there is new hope eight years later.

A national campaign is offering a $100,000 reward for information that leads authorities to Garrard's body and her killer.

The money is good from November 5th to the 24th.

"Please come forward. I'm not looking for revenge. I'm just looking for my daughter," said Morrison.

If you have any information that could help solve this case, call Boaz Police at 256-593-6812 or 256-593-6386.

http://www.waaytv.com/cgi-bin/shownews.cgi?id=3162

Reward From Afar Sparks Renewed Interest in Missing Woman

A Marshall County mother of two disappeared 8 years ago. No one's heard from her since. Now, a Philadelphia business man has brought new hope to this cold case.

Christy Lynn Morrison Garrard was last seen at the intersection of Roden Ave and Highway 431 in Boaz, on August 14th, 1998. The investigation into her disappearance has led her family to believe she was murdered, but that's speculation. Regardless, eight years later, there is still no closure.

Now, a website called 411Gina-dot-org tells Christy's story, along with the stories of 20 other missing people. A Philadelphia businessman, Joseph Mammana, is putting up a 100-thousand dollar reward for information. Christy's family doesn't know him, but they hope someone takes him up on his offer. "Your family will never be the same." says Debbie Morrison, Christy's mother. "You continue to search and just hope somebody will come forward and please tell you where she's at."

If you have any information on the disappearance of Christy Lynn, call the Boaz police Department. The 100-thousand reward for information is only good through November 24th.

http://www.411gina.org/twomillionreward.htm#missing

NEWS FLASH: THE $2 Million Dollar Story

$2 MILLION DOLLARS IN REWARDS for information leading to the recovery of or the arrest and conviction of person(s) responsible for the disappearance of said missing person.

$100,000.00 REWARD EACH FOR 20 MISSING PERSONS FOR 20 DAYS, NOVEMBER 5th - 24th, 2006.

Twenty Missing Persons:

Christy Lynn Garrard
Missing from Boaz, AL
August 14, 1998

Posted: Apr 07, 2011 5:39 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 07, 2011 5:59 PM CDT
By Stephen McLamb - bio | email
Local NewsHearing set for teacher accused of sexual abuseHuntsville teacher accused of sexual assault in BermudaTwo men wearing fake beards rob Waterloo bankMadison County commission puts off vote on 911 board appointmentYoung girl drowns in neighbor's poolDrugs found during search of Fort Payne High SchoolToyota to suspend N. American plants several daysHuntsville teacher pay changes could be comingSearch for next UAHuntsville president launchedWAFF 48 Star Student - Raven Washington of Riverton Intermediate SchoolMARSHALL COUNTY, AL (WAFF) - Investigators are trying to determine if the discovery of a skull could solve a missing person's case.

It's been nearly 13 years since 24-year-old Christy Morrison Garrard went missing in Marshall County.

That skull was found by a fisherman the weekend of February 26th in the lake in Guntersville.

Authorities are quick to say they don't know if the skull is that of the missing woman. But Boaz Police who are working her case have been called in.

Her father heard about the skull being found and didn't think much about it until police began calling him.

"I was sitting here watching television on 48 News and something came across the screen on it," said Olen Morrison, father Christy Garrad.

Morrison remembers that day in February news was released that a skull had been found on Lake Guntersville.

He didn't think much about it being possibly his daughter Christy Morrison Garrard's until he got a call.

"Boaz Police Department called me wanting to know if I had any dental records,"adds Morrison.

The dental records he's referring to are those of Christy Morrison Garrard who went missing in August 1998.

Authorities say she was last seen in Boaz heading north on Highway 431 to a party.

"Now that's not saying that it's her. We have no idea," said Boaz Police Chief Terry Davis.

Chief Davis says they got a call from Guntersville Police about the skull because they have two outstanding missing persons cases. But there's a connection to where the skull was found and searches made a couple years after Garrard went missing.

"And yes, we've searched the area around the lake," adds Chief Davis.

There is reason for Christy's dad to be optimistic.

"See I don't want to let myself get knocked down again," said Morrison.

But instead of getting involved in the roller coaster set of emotions, he says it's in God's hands now. "I would just like to find her and you know put final closure to it," said Morrison.

The remains found by the fisherman remain at a forensics lab where they're doing analysis to see if they're able to determine whose remains they really are.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=14406326

Akoya

Christy Lyn Garrard

Vital Statistics

Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. green eyes; reddish brown hair (may be blonde).
Marks, Scars: Pierced ears, tattoo of Mickey Mouse on left shoulder.
Clothing: A white cut off T-shirt, black shorts, and white tennis shoes.
AKA: Christy Morrison
Christy Garrard, the mother of two children, was last seen on August 15th 1998 on Roden Avenue in Boaz Alabama. It was around 09:00 in the morning when Christy was with a male friend with whom she had spent the night with at his home.
The friend states that he took Christy to her Aunts house. Christy was never seen by any family members at her Aunts house. Christy and her friend were traveling in a white pickup on the day she disappeared.
Christy was divorced and "a free spirit" who went her own way, She loved her children and always made sure they were cared for.
Christy often stayed with friends and relatives but always called her parents every few days. She called and talked to her son just two days before she disappeared, she told him she would be back the next day and they would go bowling. But Christy didn't show up, and after no word from her for a week, her parents called the police.
In January 1999, a 16-year-old DeKalb County boy told Boaz police and DeKalb County authorities he knew where she was killed. Authorities searched an area near Cross Creek in the Aroney community of DeKalb County but they determined the boy was lying.
That November, authorities acting on a tip searched in the Point of Pines community near Guntersville but failed to find anything.

Investigators

Boaz Police Department
Investigator Gary Stanfield
256-593-6812
--
Alabama Department of Public Safety
800-228-7688

Agency Case Number: MP0898470

NCIC Number: M-149277159
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Alabama Department of Public Safety
National Center for Missing Adults
Boaz Police Department
Waff News
The Huntsville Times (AL) 8/15/02

Akoya

http://www.waff.com/story/22186467/s...15-years-later

Police in Boaz are keeping up the search in a similar case to the Cleveland, Ohio case.

They're looking for a young woman who's now been missing for 15 years.

Christy Morrison Garrard was also in her early 20s when she went missing, but some believe she is no longer alive.

At Hillcrest Cemetery in Boaz, a tombstone remains for Garrard, but there's no body in the ground.

Family members believe she is no longer alive, but the search for her or her remains continues even today.

Garrard was last seen in a vehicle near Roden Avenue and Highway 431 on August 14, 1998.
He also said the $10,000 reward is still active today.

Akoya

The Doe Network:
Case File 1696DFAL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1696dfal.html

Christy Lyn Garrard

Akoya

The guy Christy was with was Phillip Kilpatrick. His father owned several car agencies in the area and he was one of the wealthiest men in the area. Christy's family weren't wealthy. Her father worked for the fire department. She was young, divorced, and a mother with a drug problem.

Akoya

Debbie Morrison‎ Christy Morrison
August 10 •
Well baby girl we are at another year. And I miss you as much today than I did those long days ago. And I know the disease of addiction also. They are more than words now. I know how torn you had to be. Wanting to be a Mom to the kids. But fighting this. Horrible disease. I think cancer would have been so much better. At leased we would have had know a period of time we could have been by your side as you left this world. But you left without knowing how much you were loved. All alone and knowing that we would search for you until we took out last breathe. You were loved by so many people. Not just your family but friends that I had never heard you speak of. I just wanted you to know how much your sister and I love you. And yes baby I know who and why they took your precious life away us. And I promise one day I just want to run up on a least one of them. And I promise that they will be most sorry for taking you away from us. I know what my punishment will at least they will feel some pain as you did baby girl. But know that we love you and look for you where ever we are at. But one day we will be together in Jesus Christs arms. And for all of the lost days we have missed will just be a small fraction of time we shall be together forever. Will little girl I will stop rambling and let you get back. To chasing those beautiful butterfly's that you so loved in this world. I love you and will never stop missing you here in this world. Sweet dreams

https://www.facebook.com/christy.morrison.376

Akoya

SPECIAL THANKS TO GARY STANFIELD
July 24, 2011 at 3:03pm
Debbie Morrison
The detective that has worked on my daughters case as lead detective has been moved from the detective division. I am completely devastated that the only person in this world that knows her case is no longer a detective. Gary stanfield promised me the first day he would never stop working her case. But somebody above him moved my investigator that I trusted with all my heart and soul. Gary has put blood sweat and tears in my daughters case. And for the first time when the skull was found I felt we had gotten close to justice for Christy. Now all my hope is gone and I wonder what will happen to Christy's case. I and my family would love to say to Gary thank you for all that you have done for this family. And when they pass out jewels I know you will have many for the hard work and dedication you have given all the cases that you have worked on. Gary we love you will always be thankful for never giving up Christy Morrison's Mother

https://www.facebook.com/notes/christy- ... ?pnref=lhc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daiharleygirl