Australia CHARLISE MUTTEN: Missing from Mt. Wilson, NSW - 13 Jan 2022 - Age 9 *Found Deceased**ARREST*

1642220682736.png 1642220698903.png

Missing nine-year-old girl was holidaying in the Blue Mountains, search continues​

Police are continuing an extensive search for a missing nine-year-old girl who was holidaying in the NSW Blue Mountains.

Charlise Mutten, 9, was reported missing from a Mt Wilson property at about 8.20am on Friday and has reportedly been missing since Thursday.

Acting Superintendent John Nelson said Charlise is originally from Queensland and has been holidaying with her family in Mt Wilson over the school break.

Superintendent Nelson said Mt Wilson is a large area to search and police will use all resources possible to try and find the girl.

"The Mt Wilson area is a small community surrounded by bushland and some rugged bushland," he said.

The search restarted at first light with police holding grave concerns for the girl's welfare.

Crews looked in tents and bins for any sign of the child yesterday.

Officers are investigating all possibilities in the search for Charlise.

"She's a nine-year-old girl and she's missing we're here to pull out every stop that we can," Superintendent Nelson said.

"We're not discounting any scenario at this stage."

A woman was comforted by ambulance officers at the search centre before being taken to a Katoomba hospital.

Police are appealing for help from the public and have sent out geo-targeting messages.

Her parents' house has also been searched and is under police guard.

Superintendent Nelson said it is a "traumatic" experience for the family.

A car was seized in Penrith by police yesterday.

9News understands the homicide squad has been called in to assist local detectives.

1642220824809.png

Media - CHARLISE MUTTEN: Missing from Mt. Wilson, NSW since 13 Jan 2022 - Age 9

Last edited:

Desperate search for girl, 9, who vanished while on holiday with her family in the Blue Mountains enters its second day - as police search her parents' house and seize a car​

A desperate search for a missing nine-year-old girl has entered its second day with police combing through dense bushland in the Blue Mountains.

Charlise Mutten was reported missing at 8.20am on Friday from a home at Mt Wilson, deep in the Blue Mountains national park. She was last seen on Thursday.

Acting Superintendent John Nelson said Charlise is from Queensland and has been holidaying with her family in Mt Wilson over the school break.

NSW Police confirmed the house was being searched and that a car had been seized for examination.

A full-scale operation involving hundreds of officers, helicopters, the dog squad and emergency response volunteers was launched on Friday.

The search was temporarily halted as heavy storms lashed the region before officers resumed on Saturday.

NSW Police, Rural Fire Service, SES and volunteers search well into the night for missing Charlise Mutten​

Dozens of emergency personnel and volunteers have searched well into the night in hopes of finding a missing girl in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.
Charlise Mutten, 9, was reported missing from her property at Mt Wilson, 60 kilometres north-west of Richmond, around 8:20am on Friday.

She is described as being of Caucasian appearance, thin build with brown hair. It's not known what she was wearing at the time she disappeared.

It's believed she vanished from her home on Thursday night.

Stunning wedding venue on exclusive acreage is declared a crime scene as desperate search for missing girl, 9, continues with her mother's fiancé questioned by detectives and police seizing a boat for forensic testing​

A boat and car have been seized as police grow increasingly desperate in the search for a young girl who went missing three nights ago from a lavish property surrounded by dense bushland.

Charlise Mutten, nine, was staying with her mother Kallista Mutten when she vanished on Thursday at a sprawling private wedding venue owned by the family of her fiancé, Justin Stein, who was interviewed by investigators on Saturday.

There is no suggestion the 31-year-old is in any way involved in the child's disappearance.

Charlise and Kallista, who live in Queensland, were on holiday in Sydney and were at the exclusive property dubbed Wildenstein by the Stein family at Mt Wilson in Sydney's Blue Mountains.

NSW Police told Daily Mail Australia that 'all lines of investigation' remain open in the baffling case.

The girl was last seen on Thursday at the property, but she was not reported to police until 8.20am on Friday.

A full scale search began within hours and police now hold 'grave concerns' for her safety.

Investigators are now treating the manicured 12-acre property, including the residential buildings on it, as a crime scene.

Police divers scoured a pond at Wildenstein, which is run by Justin's brother James Stein, on Saturday, 9News reported.

They also seized a white boat used on the property and analysed it for fingerprints.

The boat is also understood to be subject to ongoing forensic testing.

Police confirmed that homicide detectives are now investigating Charlise's strange disappearance.

The police dog squad, PolAir, police rescue, divers and Blue Mountains local police are all involved.

Officers on off-road trail bikes have also been deployed across the property and are searching the surrounding area.

It still remains unclear how Charlise went missing, with hundreds of police and volunteers - including fully equipped SES and rural fire service members wearing backpacks - searching the dense surrounding bushland since Friday.

It is understood the terrain is extremely challenging for searchers with tangled and dense undergrowth and steep cliffs.

1642276695021.png 1642276707786.png
1642276715510.png 1642276728598.png

Disappearance of girl, 9, missing for four days is being investigated as a possible homicide as police declare wedding venue a crime scene, question her mum's fiancé and seize a boat and a car​

The disappearance of a nine-year-old girl from a lavish property is now being investigated as a homicide after a boat and ute were seized by police.

Charlise Mutten was staying with her mother Kallista Mutten when she vanished on Thursday at a sprawling private wedding venue owned by the family of her fiancé, Justin Stein, who was interviewed by investigators on Saturday.

Charlise and Kallista, who live in Queensland, were on holiday in Sydney and were at the exclusive property dubbed Wildenstein by the Stein family at Mt Wilson in Sydney's Blue Mountains.

There is no suggestion the 31-year-old is in any way involved in the child's disappearance.

Investigators are now treating the case as a potential homicide, with extensive searches underway near the multi-million dollar property which is surrounded by dense bushland.

'We are very distressed,' a family source told the Daily Telegraph.

Police confirmed that homicide detectives are now investigating Charlise's strange disappearance.

Charlise, who lives with her grandmother in Coolangatta, was reported missing at 8.20am on Friday morning, after last being seen on Thursday night.

Police divers join search for girl missing in NSW Blue Mountains​

The search for missing nine-year-old Charlise Mutten continues as police desperately scour Mt Wilson in the New South Wales Blue Mountains.

So far, no formal update has been released by police over the little girl's whereabouts.

Police divers, as well as more than 100 rescue personnel have been deployed to the area in attempts to locate Charlise, as scorching summer conditions simmer toward 30C.

Officers have spent hours scouring murky ponds and surrounding waterways, while crew on dirt bikes ripped up fire trails in the frantic search, which has been made more difficult by the tough terrain, heavy undergrowth and steep descents.

Mystery car spotted leaving property shortly after Charlise Mutten vanished​

The disappearance of Charlise Mutten has been ruled as suspicious by police with the search for the missing girl continuing.

The nine-year-old was last seen on Thursday afternoon on an estate in the NSW Blue Mountains but was not reported missing to authorities until 8:20am on Friday.

Neighbours reportedly told police that they had seen a car without lights on driving away from the property around 4:30am on Friday, according to The Daily Telegraph.

Charlise, who lives with her grandmother in Coolangatta, was holidaying with her mother, Kallista Mutten and her mother's fiance, Justin Stein at the luxury wedding venue, Wildenstein at Mt Wilson.

In the hours that followed, NSW Police gave a description of the school girl, describing her as being of caucasian appearance, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Surrounded by dense bushland, waterholes and rugged terrain, the police search is extensive.

Rural fire service (RFS) volunteers have also discovered multiple sets of footprints on a trail, saying one seemed to be "very small and bare footed”.

"Certain items have been found and identified … but unfortunately haven’t led to anything that gives us a definite indication of her location," NSW Police Chief Inspector Gary Sims said.

Praying she is found and found safe.

I have read here a couple of times but not commented. The couple of media reports are irritating me in their changing details and contradictory statements. Rather than go on about it, I'll wait until the right facts sort themselves out if ever to have any opinion in this case or even assume any basic facts since they are all over the place even with those.

Regardless, it seems LE is hot on information and trails in this case so that's impressive, even if the media articles leave a lot to be desired. I guess it's not just here in this country that it can be lousy at times. Praying for a good outcome.

New clues raise hope missing nine-year-old Charlise Mutten is alive as detectives prepare to interview her mum, 31, and swoop on property after witnesses reported seeing car with 'no lights on' at 4.30am​

Small footprints have been found during the frantic search for a nine-year-old girl who mysteriously vanished from a lavish wedding venue four days ago - raising hopes that she could be found alive.

Rural Fire Service volunteers found a 'very small and barefooted' footprint along a trail - just kilometres away from the popular venue.

NSW Police Chief Inspector Gary Sims also told reporters 'certain items' have been found which 'unfortunately haven't led to anything that gives us a definite indication of her location'.

A convoy of five police vehicles and detectives on foot entered the Wildenstein property around 11.30am on Monday, with one detective ordering the media to leave from outside the gates of the five-hectare retreat.

1642389487803.png 1642389499435.png

Mystery surrounds crucial missing detail in nine-year-old girl's disappearance - as her biological father shares a cryptic message days after she vanished during a holiday with her mum and stepdad​

Detectives have been thrown an unexpected curveball in the search for missing Charlise Mutten, with family members now unable to confirm the last thing the nine-year-old was seen wearing before she disappeared without a trace.

Doubt now hangs over the description of what Charlise was last seen wearing, which had been widely broadcast as a pink top, black knee-length skirt and pink Nike thongs.

Neither Charlise’s mother Kallista Mutten, nor her stepfather, Mr Stein, have been able to tell police definitively what the schoolgirl was wearing when she was last seen on the verandah of the Wildenstein property last Thursday afternoon.

As the desperate search for the young girl with a bright smile enters its fifth day, it's also been revealed Charlise's biological father issued a cryptic post over social media on Sunday night.

'Has anyone won the "Worlds most hopeless person award" twice? We have a repeat entry this year!' he wrote on Facebook.

Next it wouldn't be surprising if it is going to be when was she really last seen... Or what day or time... No one knows what she was wearing so...

Does anyone know what clothes are missing? I mean didn't someone help her pack for the trip? Did she bring that much to this wedding venue?

Mystery surrounds crucial missing detail in nine-year-old girl's disappearance - as her biological father shares a cryptic message days after she vanished during a holiday with her mum and stepdad​

Detectives have been thrown an unexpected curveball in the search for missing Charlise Mutten, with family members now unable to confirm the last thing the nine-year-old was seen wearing before she disappeared without a trace.

Doubt now hangs over the description of what Charlise was last seen wearing, which had been widely broadcast as a pink top, black knee-length skirt and pink Nike thongs.

Neither Charlise’s mother Kallista Mutten, nor her stepfather, Mr Stein, have been able to tell police definitively what the schoolgirl was wearing when she was last seen on the verandah of the Wildenstein property last Thursday afternoon.

As the desperate search for the young girl with a bright smile enters its fifth day, it's also been revealed Charlise's biological father issued a cryptic post over social media on Sunday night.

'Has anyone won the "Worlds most hopeless person award" twice? We have a repeat entry this year!' he wrote on Facebook.
Answers my question:

When Charlise, who usually lives with her grandmother in Queensland but was visiting her mum for the holidays, was reported missing at 8.20am on Friday morning, officers roped off the popular wedding venue and declared it a crime scene.

Next it wouldn't be surprising if it is going to be when was she really last seen... Or what day or time... No one knows what she was wearing so...

Does anyone know what clothes are missing? I mean didn't someone help her pack for the trip? Did she bring that much to this wedding venue?
To be fair, I couldn't have told you what my kids wore on any specific day most days, especially hectic ones like this family was presumably having and at that age, my kids liked packing their own clothes when we did go places so I may or may not have been able to tell you what was missing or not. They packed and i only checked that they had necessities, not really caring most of the time which ones specifically.

Answers my question:

When Charlise, who usually lives with her grandmother in Queensland but was visiting her mum for the holidays, was reported missing at 8.20am on Friday morning, officers roped off the popular wedding venue and declared it a crime scene.
So does mom live at this place or was she visiting too and/or getting married there. It is said that it is her bf/husband(?) family property, but I don't recall seeing any actual info on that. I was assuming that mom was getting married there and that is why they were there, but now I am not so certain.

So does mom live at this place or was she visiting too and/or getting married there. It is said that it is her bf/husband(?) family property, but I don't recall seeing any actual info on that. I was assuming that mom was getting married there and that is why they were there, but now I am not so certain.
I don't believe mom was getting married. There's been nothing said about a wedding, other wedding guests who may have been on the premises or coming, etc. I think they were just on holiday.

Answers my question:

Wasn't your question WHY she was living with her grandmother in the first place? I've seen nothing to answer that question. This just says that she was visiting her mom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back