CDC Epidemiologist Timothy Cunningham: Was his suicide ruled correctly OR was he murdered?

Cunningham-300x300.jpg

I don’t mean to get too tinfoil hat, but back in 2018 a friend in NY contacted me about the Timothy Cunningham case (info at links above) with suspicions that his disappearance and subsequent discovery were mismanaged. My friend believed that Cunningham, a CDC epidemiologist, was actually murdered for some sort of CDC cover up.

With everything going on in the world now with Covid-19, I kind of don’t think that friend was so crazy with his suspicions about Cunningham’s death.

What is your opinion? Did Timothy Cunningham commit suicide by drowning himself?

(Im starting to think foul play. If Timothy had drowned his shoes wouldn’t have stayed on his feet as he thrashed to save his life jmo. How on earth were gemstones still in his pockets? The Chattahoochie is a swift river. His belongings were still all at his home? If he were a female I’d automatically think abduction! So why not for this male? Also his telling his neighbor’s wife to delete his number from her phone right before he disappeared... did he not want her implicated in anything that might have lead to his demise? I do believe Timothy might have been gay so I don’t think it was an affair...)

Last edited by a moderator:

kdg411

Administrator
Staff member

I don’t mean to get too tinfoil hat, but back in 2018 a friend in NY contacted me about the Timothy Cunningham case (info at links above) with suspicions that his disappearance and subsequent discovery were mismanaged. My friend believed that Cunningham, a CDC epidemiologist, was actually murdered for some sort of CDC cover up.

With everything going on in the world now with Covid-19, I kind of don’t think that friend was so crazy with his suspicions about Cunningham’s death.

What is your opinion? Did Timothy Cunningham commit suicide by drowning himself?

(Im starting to think foul play. If Timothy had drowned his shoes wouldn’t have stayed on his feet as he thrashed to save his life jmo. How on earth were gemstones still in his pockets? The Chattahoochie is a swift river. His belongings were still all at his home? If he were a female I’d automatically think abduction! So why not for this male? Also his telling his neighbor’s wife to delete his number from her phone right before he disappeared... did he not want her implicated in anything that might have lead to his demise? I do believe Timothy might have been gay so I don’t think it was an affair...)
MOO, this person was dealing with personal struggles that can lead someone to take their own life. IF he was murdered, I would think his family would be putting a lot more pressure on the authorities and might be pushing to keep his name in the press.
The other pieces about the gems in his pocket and his shoes still on his feet, etc. feel more like a red herring.
Again, this is JMO.

GrandmaBear

‘We Have Nothing to Fear Except Fear Itself'
Boy I don't know after reading these articles, etc. I believe I remember it happening or him going missing.

I truly do not see how they can rule suicide, maybe undetermined...

The taking the number out of the phone is odd. I also think when anyone works at a place and in such a position as he had, one has to wonder. It also sounds like he was in frequent contact with his family which doesn't seem the type of person to not leave a note or be concerned about his family. Just a thought.

I would be curious to know if he knew how to swim? A swimmer I would not think would choose that route and I can tell you that a non-swimmer I don't think would ever do such a thing because one of non-swimmer's biggest fears is drowning.

Is there any clue where he went in and how far from his home it was?

It may well be suicide but again, I don't see how they could be sure of that to call it as a determination. It could also be accident or murder.

Just thoughts on reading it. Imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clarice