CALEB WHISNAND JR.: 1-month-old murdered by father in Alabama - 10 May 2021

W4SSRA7DNVEILASDZFZW3VVUFY.PNG

Caleb Whisnand Jr. was last seen about 10:45 p.m. Monday at the Circle K on Wetumpka Highway in Montgomery County. No other details surrounding the circumstances of Caleb’s disappearance are being released at this time, authorities said.

ALEA early Tuesday issued an Emergency Missing Child Alert, but not an Amber Alert.

Caleb Whisnand Sr. and Angela Gardner stood on the steps of the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Wednesday afternoon and pleaded for any information to locate their son.

According to a news release from the Sheriff's Office late Wednesday, after the discovery of the infant's body "information was developed" and Whisnand was taken into custody.

Margaret Hope, the baby’s maternal grandmother, told AL.com that the young couple lived with Whisnand’s parents and that her daughter was planning to leave.

“I think that’s the reason he took the baby,” Hope told the outlet, adding that her grandson was found in a wooden area. “He knew he done killed that baby and he had to come up with some excuse.”

“Angela is a great mother, and she is over-protective of her kids,” Hope added. “She was so happy when she gave birth. I was there when she gave birth to the baby. I can’t believe the SOB killed her baby.”

Investigators say the child’s father, 32-year-old Caleb Whisnand Sr., was developed as a suspect and subsequently arrested on a manslaughter charge. Authorities on Thursday announced the charge had been upgraded to capital murder and Whisnand would now be held in jail without bond.

Caleb Whisnand Sr. and Angela Gardner stood on the steps of the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office Wednesday afternoon and pleaded for any information to locate their son.

According to a news release from the Sheriff's Office late Wednesday, after the discovery of the infant's body "information was developed" and Whisnand was taken into custody.
Am I missing something here?? This part makes no sense to me. They have video at the Circle K on Monday with the child? The parents say he was last seen Saturday? But the father called 911 on Monday and it was confirmed the child was in that store shortly before the call on Monday. Huh??? What?? Did he call 911 and then run home and kill him before 911 help arrived? I frustratingly don't get it.

The infant was first reported missing Monday evening when Whisnand called 911 from the Circle K on Wetumpka Highway. Video surveillance placed the one-month-old at the store shortly before that call for help, authorities have said.

When asked to recount the last time the three were together, both Gardner and Whisnand agreed they last saw their son Saturday night. When pressed for further detail, Gardner said she was at home with her oldest child and Whisnand had gone to the gas station with their son.

Margaret Hope, the baby’s maternal grandmother, told AL.com that the young couple lived with Whisnand’s parents and that her daughter was planning to leave.

“I think that’s the reason he took the baby,” Hope told the outlet, adding that her grandson was found in a wooden area. “He knew he done killed that baby and he had to come up with some excuse.”

“Angela is a great mother, and she is over-protective of her kids,” Hope added. “She was so happy when she gave birth. I was there when she gave birth to the baby. I can’t believe the SOB killed her baby.”
This is so strange. LE says they don't know when the baby died so what does that mean, that he took a dead baby to the convenience store on Monday?? Or a baby that they think is this baby but maybe isn't? But he/someone calls 911, if they responded right away, then how did he get rid of the baby with him so fast after that?? They claim the family was last together on Saturday. Did he then have the baby for two days alone and apart from her and that's why the "family" as a whole was last together Saturday as this makes absolutely no sense either??

Her mother thinks he killed the baby because she was leaving him? That also makes no sense unless he was worried about child support, what would killing the child do to stop her from leaving?? Huh?

I will be careful with regard to mom as she is not arrested but this guy was clearly not a good one to have picked or stayed with sadly. 32 years old, living with his mom and dad and her and two children and clearly with him last year when driving erratically with her and a child in the car, and apparently a drug addict to boot.
They sure upgraded this quickly from manslaughter to capital murder...

WTF?!!!!

Well I watched today's press conference thinking maybe it would clear up this confusion but really nothing was shared. LE and the various agencies did a great job and seem very dedicated but they offered no new info.

What is clear to me is that to upgrade to capital murder, there was something quickly obvious that was done to this baby or so it would seem, even before further tests and results can be obtained. It also seems likely that someone else knew where he put this baby as they found the baby based on some information they received after yesterday's press conference or so it seems, or perhaps someone saw the father in that area, etc.

MCSO Capt. Trent Beasley told the Montgomery Advertiser Whisnand called 911 from a gas station on Wetumpka Highway Monday night, reporting the baby missing. Whisnand indicated he went to pay for gas and then noticed the baby was gone.

Investigators found surveillance footage that appeared to show the baby four minutes before Whisnand called the police.

✂️

Details of the case were scarce and confusing as news of the infant's disappearance broke late Monday.

MCSO Capt. Trent Beasley told the Montgomery Advertiser Whisnand called 911 from a gas station on Wetumpka Highway Monday night, reporting the baby missing. Whisnand indicated he went to pay for gas and then noticed the baby was gone.

Investigators found surveillance footage that appeared to show the baby four minutes before Whisnand called the police.

✂️

Details of the case were scarce and confusing as news of the infant's disappearance broke late Monday.
This is so strange. It did say in one article the image is somewhat grainy but it appears to be the baby. Either way though, he had to get rid of either a real baby or a fake baby just prior to or right after calling 911 within minutes one would think. Most convenience stores have great video, did he know this one did not or something? Are there no images on camera of where this child they see went? The only other thing I can think of is he had someone at the convenience store change a date on a surveillance video but that seems very far fetched...

The baby was found nowhere near this convenience store from the way I understand it or do I have that wrong? I have to stop trying to figure this out as it is getting to me.

This is so strange. LE says they don't know when the baby died so what does that mean, that he took a dead baby to the convenience store on Monday?? Or a baby that they think is this baby but maybe isn't? But he/someone calls 911, if they responded right away, then how did he get rid of the baby with him so fast after that?? They claim the family was last together on Saturday. Did he then have the baby for two days alone and apart from her and that's why the "family" as a whole was last together Saturday as this makes absolutely no sense either??

Her mother thinks he killed the baby because she was leaving him? That also makes no sense unless he was worried about child support, what would killing the child do to stop her from leaving?? Huh?

I will be careful with regard to mom as she is not arrested but this guy was clearly not a good one to have picked or stayed with sadly. 32 years old, living with his mom and dad and her and two children and clearly with him last year when driving erratically with her and a child in the car, and apparently a drug addict to boot.
They sure upgraded this quickly from manslaughter to capital murder...
i am thinking the baby was dead and this was maybe for his story?

Mmmm hmmm. Sounds like they were so "addled" on drugs they couldn't keep their story straight. The Saturday time probably "slipped" and they "forgot" the Monday story for a second. Hence the "I don't remember a lot," and "I don't remember much."

Don't know if you've all seen the parent's interview... Full interview below (it doesn't start til 21:00 in...parents part at 22:00).

It seems the most likely by far but the confirmation there was some apparent "baby" on video throws me. Someone had to take the "baby" even if it was a doll. No surveillance cam of that? And right around the time he called 911? Whatever it was would have to be nearby. I assume LE responded quickly and responded to the convenience store so he couldn't really have gone anywhere. It is so strange that I have trouble wording what I mean :(

It seems the most likely by far but the confirmation there was some apparent "baby" on video throws me. Someone had to take the "baby" even if it was a doll. No surveillance cam of that? And right around the time he called 911? Whatever it was would have to be nearby. I assume LE responded quickly and responded to the convenience store so he couldn't really have gone anywhere. It is so strange that I have trouble wording what I mean :(
or did they stash him somewhere and retrieve later???? That's all I can come up with to try to make sense of this

or did they stash him somewhere and retrieve later???? That's all I can come up with to try to make sense of this
I've thought of that too but it seems just as crazy, any possible scenario to make sense of these "details" seems pretty crazy. The only thing I feel somewhat certain about is he wanted this baby or "a" baby seen on video at this convenience store on the date he called 911, to corroborate his story. And then that baby or "a" baby disappeared from the convenience store somehow and it did so without anything caught on camera. So when it "disappears" per the details he calls 911 from that store. However, they find the baby dead later elsewhere and are sure he did it...

I also have to think there are major blind spots/lack of cameras at this store inside and out and he knew it... Yet knew how to get a grainy picture of a baby on camera. Weird.

Mmmm hmmm. Sounds like they were so "addled" on drugs they couldn't keep their story straight. The Saturday time probably "slipped" and they "forgot" the Monday story for a second. Hence the "I don't remember a lot," and "I don't remember much."

Don't know if you've all seen the parent's interview... Full interview below (it doesn't start til 21:00 in...parents part at 22:00).

Actually, he fits that description, not necessarily her, IMO.

They lived with his parents & he took the baby while she was sleeping Saturday night. LE didn't know he was missing until they received a 911 call on Monday. We aren't privy to many personal aspects of this relationship however it's suggestive undertone represents an adult male with a drug problem who was having a hard time knowing his fiance wanted out of their relationship.

However, this is all JMO so take that for what it's worth.

Actually, he fits that description, not necessarily her, IMO.

They lived with his parents & he took the baby while she was sleeping Saturday night. LE didn't know he was missing until they received a 911 call on Monday. We aren't privy to many personal aspects of this relationship however it's suggestive undertone represents an adult male with a drug problem who was having a hard time knowing his fiance wanted out of their relationship.

However, this is all JMO so take that for what it's worth.
I did not realize he took the baby Saturday although I wondered as things did not fit quite right. While I think he hoped to appear loving and supportive, I felt he came across controlling of her (I tend to have bias that way though very likely) and that was BEFORE I knew her family said she was going to end it or leave him.

Alabama baby killed by blunt force trauma, dad charged with capital murder​

A 5-week-old boy who was found dead in rural Alabama after his parents reported him missing in Montgomery was killed by blunt force trauma to the head, according to court documents.

The infant's 32-year-old father, Caleb Whisnand Sr., who was arrested shortly after a bizarre news conference Wednesday, is charged with capital murder in the baby's death.

Court records indicate baby Caleb was killed sometime between 3:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. on Monday.

Montgomery Chief Deputy Murphy said Whisnand, who was out on bond following an arrest in an unrelated case in Elmore County, called police to report his son missing Monday night as he traveled on US Highway 231 near Wetumpka.

Hmm. So all the former reports that he called from the convenience store seem to have been false or incorrect? That was one of a few big parts that did not fit or make sense. So he called while traveling? And he was killed on Monday...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back