FL BROWARD COUNTY DOE: found washed on the beach in Broward County, FL - 1 Jan 1959

Romulus

NamUs UP12952

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)
Found January 1, 1959 in Broward County, FL
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: Unknown Age
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is not available
DNA: Sample available-not yet submitted

Case History: Email communication from private citizen: "Growing up, my parents used to take my sister and me to Ft. Lauderdale (Lauderdale-By-the-Sea was where we stayed) for winter vacations. One year, it was probably around 1959, I found a human jaw bone washed up on the beach with a single molar tooth still intact. I brought it home, showed it to my dentist to confirm that it was a human bone, and kept it in my room for some years and then lost track of it. My wife and I recently sold our home of 35 years and moved to a condo. In the process, I found a box of things from my childhood and the jaw bone was in it.

It occurred to me after watching a documentary recently about solutions to cold cases, that maybe you would have an interest in me sending this item to you. In jest, I said to my wife, 'This could be Jimmy Hoffa's jaw bone!' If there is no interest on your part, I will probably just give it a proper burial." end of email

*CLICK THE REPORT BUTTON IF YOU'D LIKE THIS CASE MOVED TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA TO BE OPENED FOR COMMENTING.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back