BREASIA TERRELL: Iowa vs. Henry Dinkins for July 2020 Kidnapping and Murder of 10-year-old *GUILTY*

1601940522637.png 1594491180661.png

Davenport Police need help locating missing child

The Davenport Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing child.

Breasia Terrell, 10, was last seen in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in the early hours of July 10.

Davenport Police conduct investigation of missing 10-year-old girl at Credit Island

Davenport Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl by the name of Breasia Terrell.

The last time anyone saw her was this morning on E. 53rd St., near Lorton Avenue.

She has been reported missing since around 3 a.m. and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Early Friday night, around 4:30 p.m., police brought their search to Credit Island at the family’s request.

They say this was a frequent fishing spot for Terrell and her family.

Police were joined by the Davenport Fire Department in this investigation.

Crews brought out a boat, used sonar equipment and took pictures of the area, looking for any signs of Terrell’s whereabouts.

1594491196657.png

MEDIA - BREASIA TERRELL: Missing from Davenport, IA since 10 July 2020 - Age 10

Last edited:
:sigh: Poor Breasia. Thinking of her loved ones.
Hoping they're able to charge a certain someone with murder now.

Police chief: Investigators working diligently to bring justice​

“As this case turns from a missing child to a homicide investigation, we know our community is anxious for information regarding the investigation and any charges that may be forthcoming," Sikorski said. “We also understand the desire to see the perpetrator of this crime brought to justice. However, in order to maintain the integrity of this investigation, one that’s been going on for some nine months now non-stop, I’m not able to comment on any specific investigative details at this time.”

Sikorski requested community members contact investigators with information they think may be related to the case, whether it is in Davenport or Clinton County or somewhere in between, he said. Even if an individual believes the information is inconsequential, investigators will look into those things, he said. Investigators have looked into hundreds of leads over the last nine months, Sikorski said. More information has come in from community members since last week, he added.

“We want our community to know we still need you,” Sikorski said. “We still need your help. If you think you saw something or you heard something, please contact our investigators,“ Sikorski said.

Counseling services will be made available for those affected by the loss.

“The loss of Breasia will create a ripple effect of trauma throughout our entire community,” said Nicole Cisne Durbin, president and CEO of Family Resources, which announced the free and confidential counseling services for anyone affected.

As much as I knew that the odds were against her being found alive it still hurts my heart to know that she laid out in the elements all these months before being found. I hope that law enforcement can now find the evidence they need to convict the person or persons involved in her murder. I am completely convinced that Dinkins either had something to do with her murder or he knows who did I wish he would find it somewhere in his soul to start talking.

You need a trial for "failure to register"??? Should be pretty straightforward. You either registered or you didn't. Seems a damn waste of money and time.

Trial date set for person of interest in Breasia Terrell's case charged with sex offender registration violations​

A trial date has been set for Henry Earl Dinkins — a person of interest in the case of Davenport's missing 11-year-old Breasia Terrell — for his charges of sex offender registration violations.

Following a Monday pretrial conference, the court scheduled the jury trial to begin at 9 a.m. on May 10, 2021 at the Scott County Courthouse.

The trial is expected to last four days, according to court documents. Dinkins demanded his right to a speedy trial, which expires on June 1, 2021, court documents add.

Dinkins, 47, currently faces three counts of sex offender registration violations after he allegedly failed to report his residence, where Terrell went missing, and two of his vehicles to authorities, which is required for registered sex offenders in Iowa.

Dinkins has pleaded not guilty to all three sex offender registration violations.

Shouldn't need to be a law. Should be a given for any parent. But YES. Absolutely YES.

New Iowa law makes it illegal for sex offenders to babysit​

A new law essentially makes it a crime for a sex offender to babysit in Iowa.

Governor Reynolds signed House File 710 into law Friday, declaring any sex offender who knowingly has “control” or “unsupervised access” to a child is guilty of child endangerment. The only exceptions are for cases where the sex offender is the parent or married to and living with a parent of the child.

Shouldn't need to be a law. Should be a given for any parent. But YES. Absolutely YES.

Governor Reynolds signed House File 710 into law Friday, declaring any sex offender who knowingly has “control” or “unsupervised access” to a child is guilty of child endangerment. The only exceptions are for cases where the sex offender is the parent or married to and living with a parent of the child.
Great law. Too bad it exempts anyone married to a SO, or at least it says it is an exception.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why it would take FOUR days of a jury trial for a SO registry violation case. Our murder case took five.

DeWitt is not a big town, 5,000 about. My great grandparents lived there. Of course they found her rurally though. I think his ties to that county will help put the case together hopefully, it is about an hour from Davenport.

She was a beautiful child and I am glad she has been found, but a very unhappy outcome. May she RIP. Tragic that she was put into the hands of a SO. He looks likely for the crime.

Wow! I thought that was a condition of the sex offender. It is around here anyway. They’re not allowed to be around children unattended. However there are three tears to the sex offender registry in Oregon. It might be just for the third tier.

Wow! I thought that was a condition of the sex offender. It is around here anyway. They’re not allowed to be around children unattended. However there are three tears to the sex offender registry in Oregon. It might be just for the third tier.
Maybe it makes it more of a crime/penalty than just a probation or whatever one would call it violation?

It still continually interests me and amazes me how laws differ state to state, etc. I definitely was not so aware of it until really following current crime. It also saddens me how some change and sentences have lightened without us even seeming to be informed of it.

Henry Dinkins charged with Breasia Terrell’s murder​

Wednesday morning Walton said Dinkins is being charged with 1st-degree murder and 1st-degree kidnapping in the murder case.

“This morning, Henry Earl Dinkins, was charged in the death of 11-year-old Breasia Terrell,” Walton said. “Because it is a pending case we cannot talk about the results of the investigation in detail.”

Walton announced Dinkins is charged with 1st-degree murder and 1st-degree kidnapping. Walton read from the charging documents that read Dinkins removed and confined Breasia from her home and “with premeditation, malice and forethought” had the intent to killing Breasia and shot her. Walton also said Dinkins removed her from her home “without consent or authority or by deception.”

Henry Dinkins charged with the death of Breasia Terrell. Law enforcement officials say the girl was shot to death.​

Henry Dinkins has been charged with the death of Breasia Terrell.

Dinkins is charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping. Scott County Attorney Mike Walton said Dinkins kidnapped the 10-year-old girl and shot her to death.

Walton said Dinkins is the only person who will be charged at this time.

Wednesday morning Walton said Dinkins is being charged with 1st-degree murder and 1st-degree kidnapping in the murder case.

“This morning, Henry Earl Dinkins, was charged in the death of 11-year-old Breasia Terrell,” Walton said. “Because it is a pending case we cannot talk about the results of the investigation in detail.”

Walton announced Dinkins is charged with 1st-degree murder and 1st-degree kidnapping. Walton read from the charging documents that read Dinkins removed and confined Breasia from her home and “with premeditation, malice and forethought” had the intent to killing Breasia and shot her. Walton also said Dinkins removed her from her home “without consent or authority or by deception.”

Henry Dinkins charged with the death of Breasia Terrell. Law enforcement officials say the girl was shot to death.​

Dinkins is charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping. Scott County Attorney Mike Walton said Dinkins kidnapped the 10-year-old girl and shot her to death.

What a **********. Hope he never sees the light of day again!

This is interesting. Premeditated, removed her by deception, etc. It sounded throughout as if she was allowed to go with her brother although in the very beginning, that was a bit muddled.

Shooting her also seems a bit unlike the norm. One thinks of him as a sexual predator and generally then sadly, one sees strangling, etc. of a child and this makes it sound as if he took her intending to shoot her, a child. No mention of sexual assault although they may not be able to determine that or can't do so yet.

It seems to me that he or someone else must have talked, or perhaps someone he shared things with.

I am glad we now have serious charges against him for the death of this poor child.

I really doubt he talked. More likely they were able to match ballistics or place him in that area where she was found.
She was allowed to stay with him. But he removed her from his home, which is the kidnapping. Premeditated...he likely knew he'd have to harm her if he did something to her because she wouldn't stay quiet, but took her anyway.

I really doubt he talked. More likely they were able to match ballistics or place him in that area where she was found.
She was allowed to stay with him. But he removed her from his home, which is the kidnapping. Premeditated...he likely knew he'd have to harm her if he did something to her because she wouldn't stay quiet, but took her anyway.
I take it a bit different. He removed and confined her from "her home". Her home is not his home. It also says he removed her from her home without consent or authority or by deception. They continually use the term "her" home. Where he was was not even his son's home that I know of and it certainly was not Breasia's home. So this is where I get my take from on it...?

I take it a bit different. He removed and confined her from "her home". Her home is not his home. It also says he removed her from her home without consent or authority or by deception. They continually use the term "her" home. Where he was was not even his son's home that I know of and it certainly was not Breasia's home. So this is where I get my take from on it...?
A criminal complaint released Wednesday alleges that Dinkins removed Breasia from the apartment “without consent or authority, or by deception, to secretly confine and inflict serious injury” on her.

“As a result of the kidnapping, (Breasia) was murdered,” the complaint said. It added that Dinkins “shot her with a firearm causing her death.”

A criminal complaint released Wednesday alleges that Dinkins removed Breasia from the apartment “without consent or authority, or by deception, to secretly confine and inflict serious injury” on her.

“As a result of the kidnapping, (Breasia) was murdered,” the complaint said. It added that Dinkins “shot her with a firearm causing her death.”

It makes more sense I guess. I was hoping that if the other way, it meant her mother never allowed her to go with him and he deceived her. Either way, she has been located and he is charged, all good news other than the tragic outcome.

Dinkins will get a public defender in Breasia Terrell murder case​

The Davenport man accused of kidnapping and shooting Breasia Terrell, 10, will be represented by a public defender, a Scott County judge ruled Thursday.

Judge Cheryl Traum also decided that Henry Earl Dinkins will be held without bond in the Scott County Jail.

Dinkins demanded his right to a preliminary trial Thursday, which is scheduled for May 14 via a Zoom hearing. Dinkins’ next court appearance is May 10.

Dinkins will get a public defender in Breasia Terrell murder case​

The Davenport man accused of kidnapping and shooting Breasia Terrell, 10, will be represented by a public defender, a Scott County judge ruled Thursday.

Judge Cheryl Traum also decided that Henry Earl Dinkins will be held without bond in the Scott County Jail.

Dinkins demanded his right to a preliminary trial Thursday, which is scheduled for May 14 via a Zoom hearing. Dinkins’ next court appearance is May 10.
Good to know that he wants to get this over with as much as we do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back