BREASIA TERRELL: Iowa vs. Henry Dinkins for July 2020 Kidnapping and Murder of 10-year-old *GUILTY*

1601940522637.png 1594491180661.png

Davenport Police need help locating missing child

The Davenport Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing child.

Breasia Terrell, 10, was last seen in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in the early hours of July 10.

Davenport Police conduct investigation of missing 10-year-old girl at Credit Island

Davenport Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl by the name of Breasia Terrell.

The last time anyone saw her was this morning on E. 53rd St., near Lorton Avenue.

She has been reported missing since around 3 a.m. and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Early Friday night, around 4:30 p.m., police brought their search to Credit Island at the family’s request.

They say this was a frequent fishing spot for Terrell and her family.

Police were joined by the Davenport Fire Department in this investigation.

Crews brought out a boat, used sonar equipment and took pictures of the area, looking for any signs of Terrell’s whereabouts.

1594491196657.png

MEDIA - BREASIA TERRELL: Missing from Davenport, IA since 10 July 2020 - Age 10

Last edited:

Eight months later, missing Davenport girl Breasia Terrell's mother not giving up hope​

It's been almost eight months since anyone has seen 11-year-old Breasia Terrell, the missing Davenport girl who loves basketball, making TikTok videos and spending time with her family.

Her mother, Aishia Lankford, has been counting the days since she last saw her on a warm summer afternoon in July.

"It's 229 today," Lankford said Wednesday. "We were outside listening to music. And she was out there playing with the dog. Just sitting on the hood of the car laughing."

Lankford didn't know then it would be one of their last days together.

"I mean, honestly my gut doesn’t tell me anything because I don’t know where she is," Lankford said. "My gut just tells me to keep going no matter what."

Search for Breasia Terrell to be featured on Discovery’s ‘In Pursuit: The Missing’​

Breasia Terrell will be featured in a new Discovery special focused on missing persons next week.

The one-hour special is called “In Pursuit: The Missing” and will begin streaming on Discovery+ on Sunday and will air on Investigation Discovery at 8 p.m. CT Monday.

Host Callahan Walsh will showcase “missing children cases that urgently need the help of the public to solve.”

I came here really hoping for some good news about this little girl I find it so sad that she still has not been found. Also, I don't understand why the amber alert for her was cancelled she is still missing, people should still be looking for her.
This one bothers me too, will she ever be found... So many aren't, so heartbreaking.

I came here really hoping for some good news about this little girl I find it so sad that she still has not been found. Also, I don't understand why the amber alert for her was cancelled she is still missing, people should still be looking for her.
AMBER Alerts are really meant for that immediate search, when looking for a suspect or a vehicle, and the info needs to get out quickly on highway reader boards.
Canceling the AMBER Alert, though sad, doesn't mean that the search won't continue. People are pretty well aware that she's missing, I think. But just that the search has transitioned. People looking out for a specific vehicle or suspect won't do much good right now.
I just hope that they're able to find her. I keep thinking that she can't be that far away...

“Stand in solidarity”: Iowa City group canvasses for Breasia Terrell​

Groups of people spent the day canvassing and putting up fliers for Breasia Terrell in Iowa City Saturday.

It has been more than eight months since 10 -year-old went missing in Davenport. She was last seen on July 10, 2020, and the investigation into her disappearance is still ongoing.

"It is important for everyone in Iowa to stand in solidarity with Breasia and her family," Emilia Roberts said. "Just because you're not from that town does not mean you can't start a conversation or spread awareness."

1616370174229.png

Breasia Terrell’s mother waits at scene after human remains found in Clinton County near Dewitt​

The discovery of human remains in Clinton County is once again bringing up questions surrounding missing 11-year-old Breasia Terrell.

The Local 4 News team covering Tuesday’s developments in Clinton County noticed Breasia’s mother, Aishia Lankford, was there on the scene.

She was standing in the rain being supported by what appeared to be family and friends.

Local 4 News asked Lankford if she wanted to speak with us, however she declined comment.

Police said the remains could not be identified by gender, race or age at this point and it could be a “week or two” before positive identification can be made.

A solitary figure clad in black stood keeping a lonely vigil Tuesday in a fallow field near the corner of 270th Avenue and 218th Street.

Aishia Lankford was waiting, perhaps hoping to catch a glimpse of something to tell her if the human remains first discovered Monday evening in or near a pond just off 270th Avenue were those of her 10-year-old daughter Breasia Terrell.

1616553794436.png
Aishia Lankford stands in a field just outside the small town of DeWitt, Iowa, after it was confirmed Tuesday human remains were found in a nearby pond. Lankford is the mother of Breasia Terrell, a 10-year-old girl who went missing in July 2020.

The Clinton County Sheriff's Department said it would take time to identify the remains.

Richard Rahn, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigations special agent in charge, said an autopsy on the remains was done Monday. He also explained the general process of identification in an interview with the Quad-City Times/Moline Dispatch-Argus on Thursday.

Rahn said it was difficult to say how long the identification would take.

NCMEC

@MissingKids

BREAKING: Law enforcement has identified remains found in #Iowa as 10-year-old Breasia Terrell. Breasia’s mom has asked NCMEC to release the family’s statement on their behalf.

Ex1WK1BWgAQWnmx

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkusSimo
Back