BREASIA TERRELL: Iowa vs. Henry Dinkins for July 2020 Kidnapping and Murder of 10-year-old *GUILTY*

1601940522637.png 1594491180661.png

Davenport Police need help locating missing child

The Davenport Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing child.

Breasia Terrell, 10, was last seen in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in the early hours of July 10.

Davenport Police conduct investigation of missing 10-year-old girl at Credit Island

Davenport Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl by the name of Breasia Terrell.

The last time anyone saw her was this morning on E. 53rd St., near Lorton Avenue.

She has been reported missing since around 3 a.m. and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Early Friday night, around 4:30 p.m., police brought their search to Credit Island at the family’s request.

They say this was a frequent fishing spot for Terrell and her family.

Police were joined by the Davenport Fire Department in this investigation.

Crews brought out a boat, used sonar equipment and took pictures of the area, looking for any signs of Terrell’s whereabouts.

1594491196657.png

MEDIA - BREASIA TERRELL: Missing from Davenport, IA since 10 July 2020 - Age 10

Last edited:

Four months later, search for missing Iowa girl continues​

The search for 10-year-old Breasia Terrell continues in eastern Iowa more than four months after she disappeared.

Family and Friends spent the weekend marching for Breasia. They gathered on street corners, holding signs and passing out fliers, trying to find anyone that may know something about the case.

"I definitely appreciate them out here taking the time and effort to actually put in and actually put in the work out here with the T-shirts, the hats, the posters," Breasia's mother, Aishia Lankford, said.

Breasia's 11th birthday is next month.Two months after Breasia Terrell went missing, authorities continue searching
I'm so thankful this mom has all the support! I just wish they could find Breasia. 😢

'How do you have Thanksgiving ... when your child is missing?': Remembering two missing girls as families gather for holidays​

"I want Breasia to know I think about her every second," Lankford said. "It's horrible to feel like my baby is out there thinking, 'Why hasn't anyone come for me?'

"So I want to remember every little thing so she knows her mom cares."

As Thanksgiving and Christmas approach, Lankford said she's not prepared for it without Breasia.

"I don't know if I want to talk about that," Lankford said after a recent walk to remember her daughter.

"How do you smile? I have family and other children and I can't stop everything and not think of them, but I know I'll be thinking of Bree the entire time. How do you have Thanksgiving — give thanks — when your child is missing? My daughter loved having the family together."

Breasia Terrell, 10, was last seen in the early morning hours of July 10, 2020in Davenport, Iowa, at the home of her half-brother’s father, Henry E. Dinkins. Investigators believed Dinkins has information valuable to the investigation in Breasia’s disappearance and is a person of interest, but has not been named a suspect and no charges have been filed against him. Dinkins is in police custody on unrelated charges. FBI Special Agent in Charge Kristi Johnson announced a $10,000 reward for anyone who has information that assists law enforcement in finding the 10-year-old, or leads to the arrest of anyone involved in her disappearance. Agents and personnel from the FBI Omaha headquarters and the Quad-City resident agency have participated in searches, reviewed cell phone records and provided other technical, investigative resources. The Davenport Police Department continues to ask the public for any information regarding the whereabouts of Henry Dinkinsbetween10 p.m. on Thursday, July 9 and 12 p.m. on Friday, July 10. Dinkins’ primary vehicle is believed to be a 2007 Maroon Chevy Impala. Anyone with information about Breasia’s whereabouts is asked to immediately call (563) 326-6125. Pictures of Henry Dinkins and his vehicles can be found at www.davenportiowa.com/missingchild.

Person of interest in missing-girl case set for trial on unrelated charges​

A person of interest in the missing-person case of Breasia Terrell is set for a May jury trial on an unrelated charge.

After a brief hearing Monday afternoon, a trial was set to begin at 9 a.m. May 10 for 48-year-old Henry Dinkins, of Davenport. During the hearing, Jack Dusthimer, Dinkins’ attorney, said the trial will last “three or possibly four (days) depending on how long it takes to pick a jury.”

Dinkins has demanded the right to a speedy trial, which expires June 1, 2021.

Soon after Breasia’s disappearance, Dinkins was arrested and held in Scott County Jail on other charges related to a sex-offender registry violation.

A status hearing for the Dinkins case will be held at 1:30 p.m. April 20 in Scott County Court, with final pre-trial conferences May.

Davenport police ‘diligently working’ to finding Breasia Terrell​

Police in Davenport say they have investigated over 170 tips regarding the disappearance of Breasia Terrell.

On Thursday police said investigators are “diligently working to find Breasia Terrell five months after she was reported missing to the Davenport Police Department with support from FBI Omaha and the resources they provide.”

“We want the community to know that this case remains a priority for our investigators and we continue to aggressively investigate Breasia’s disappearance,” Bladel said in a release. “All leads we have received have been thoroughly investigated. We are thankful for the assistance provided by the FBI Omaha field office, as well as local FBI agents in investigating the disappearance of Breasia.”

“Leads have slowed considerably,” officials said in a release. “Authorities continue to seek information from the public on Breasia’s disappearance.”

'This case remains a priority': Davenport police ask community for tips on Breasia Terrell disappearance​

Video at link above

Drive-by toy giveaway honors Breasia Terrell; Over 1,000 toys given out to local kids​

A Davenport clothing store partnered with local businesses to make sure kids had a Christmas to remember.

D Jay’s Fashion hosted a drive-by toy giveaway over the weekend. They gave away over 1,000 toys to kids for christmas.

Cars wrapped around the blocks of 3rd and 4th streets in Davenport waiting for gifts.

Store owner Devin Jackson said it’s their way of helping out the community during a hard time.

“[There’s] a lot of people that are going without right now. Some are struggling with not having a job, or the wages to even supply Christmas for their kids,” Jackson said.

One child on their minds this year is 11-year-old Breasia Terrell from Davenport, who’s been missing since July. Volunteers wore shirts that said “Bring Breasia Home” to raise awareness.

“Bring Breasia home. It’s only right,” Jackson said. “We are out here representing for a lost princess that we lost months ago and she still isn’t found. So we wanted to make a statement today. She has not been forgotten,” Jackson said.

He said he knew it was important to pay it forward this year.

Today marks six months since the disappearance of Breasia Terrell​

Breasia Terrell was last seen on July 10, 2020. Six months later, the investigation to her disappearance is still ongoing.

The FBI is offering $10,000 for anyone with information that helps lead to her finding or an arrest.

Amber Alert canceled for missing Breasia Terrell; with no new information, missing child's case still ongoing​

An Amber Alert was cancelled for 11-year-old Breasia Terrell, who went missing in Davenport just over six months ago.

But on Wednesday, the Amber Alert was cancelled. Mitch Mortvedt of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation told the Register it was cancelled because there is no longer an "immediacy" factor.

"There's no new information that led to the cancellation, just basically the time factor," Mortvedt said.

Although the Amber Alert is cancelled, the missing persons investigation is still ongoing, Mortvedt said.

Aishia Lankford, Terrell's mother, said she didn't know the Amber Alert was being cancelled or why until a Register reporter contacted her. Lankford told the Register she has questions and concerns regarding the cancellation.

"It doesn't make any sense, just because there isn't information coming from the Amber Alert ... She isn't home. It's been six months, 186 days (and counting)," Lankford said.

"Don't give up hope on Bree just because days, weeks or months have gone by. There's always going to be hope that we will find her safely."

If he only offended in Iowa... He clearly was not up to date on registry or so it said... I don't know how it works but if he offended in 1990 only, not sure with 3rd degree why he would be listed at such high risk of reoffending... I could see him still on it, many are for life... Maybe he is innocent, hard to say...

Does anyone have Pacer access? Federal? I used to but I forgot and lost the password long, long ago...

One other thought is maybe he violated conditions more than once but they did not reach a felony status, etc. Iowa has free access to civil court records, criminal, etc. but the last I knew you have to search each individual county, no statewide...
He's not innocent if he has to register.

If he only offended in Iowa... He clearly was not up to date on registry or so it said... I don't know how it works but if he offended in 1990 only, not sure with 3rd degree why he would be listed at such high risk of reoffending... I could see him still on it, many are for life... Maybe he is innocent, hard to say...

Does anyone have Pacer access? Federal? I used to but I forgot and lost the password long, long ago...

One other thought is maybe he violated conditions more than once but they did not reach a felony status, etc. Iowa has free access to civil court records, criminal, etc. but the last I knew you have to search each individual county, no statewide...
There is no criminal, Federal records in Pacer regarding this POI.

“I know Henry did not do it.” Family stands by ‘person of interest’ while girl remains missing​

A new voice speaks up in the missing person case of 11-year-old Breasia Terrell – not from Breasia’s family, this time.

This is from the sister of the man considered a “person of interest” in the case: 48-year-old Henry Dinkins. He’s in the Clinton County Jail, being held for Scott County, on an unrealted charge fo fialure to register as a sex offender.

Dinkins’ sister, Neda McQuay, says the allegations against her brother make life difficult for her family.

“I know Henry did not do it. I feel my brother is paying for somebody else’s crime,” she told Local 4 News.

McQuay says Henry and Breasia enjoyed spending time together, and that Henry loved the girl like a daughter and would never hurt her.

“We knew that Henry wouldn’t do that,” she said. “He loved Breasia. He treated Breasia like she was his own and the family knew that.”

McQuay never met Breasia, but every time she would speak to Dinkins he would always bring up Breasia.

“Whenever he would talk about her he would say, ‘I gotta go get my baby. Gotta have my babies.’ And it’s not just Breasia. Henry loved kids. Breasia looked up to him as well as (her brother.) They loved him dearly.”

Since Breasia went missing, Dinkins has been adamant with his family: “He just kept telling me ‘I had nothing to do with it.'”

“I know Henry did not do it.” Family stands by ‘person of interest’ while girl remains missing​

A new voice speaks up in the missing person case of 11-year-old Breasia Terrell – not from Breasia’s family, this time.

This is from the sister of the man considered a “person of interest” in the case: 48-year-old Henry Dinkins. He’s in the Clinton County Jail, being held for Scott County, on an unrealted charge fo fialure to register as a sex offender.

Dinkins’ sister, Neda McQuay, says the allegations against her brother make life difficult for her family.

“I know Henry did not do it. I feel my brother is paying for somebody else’s crime,” she told Local 4 News.

McQuay says Henry and Breasia enjoyed spending time together, and that Henry loved the girl like a daughter and would never hurt her.

“We knew that Henry wouldn’t do that,” she said. “He loved Breasia. He treated Breasia like she was his own and the family knew that.”

McQuay never met Breasia, but every time she would speak to Dinkins he would always bring up Breasia.

“Whenever he would talk about her he would say, ‘I gotta go get my baby. Gotta have my babies.’ And it’s not just Breasia. Henry loved kids. Breasia looked up to him as well as (her brother.) They loved him dearly.”

Since Breasia went missing, Dinkins has been adamant with his family: “He just kept telling me ‘I had nothing to do with it.'”
Interesting. Does she think he should have kept his sex offender registration current? Just Reading this article creeps me out because of the way he talks about loving kids.

They all say they didn't do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back