BREASIA TERRELL: Iowa vs. Henry Dinkins for July 2020 Kidnapping and Murder of 10-year-old *GUILTY*

1601940522637.png 1594491180661.png

Davenport Police need help locating missing child

The Davenport Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing child.

Breasia Terrell, 10, was last seen in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in the early hours of July 10.

Davenport Police conduct investigation of missing 10-year-old girl at Credit Island

Davenport Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl by the name of Breasia Terrell.

The last time anyone saw her was this morning on E. 53rd St., near Lorton Avenue.

She has been reported missing since around 3 a.m. and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Early Friday night, around 4:30 p.m., police brought their search to Credit Island at the family’s request.

They say this was a frequent fishing spot for Terrell and her family.

Police were joined by the Davenport Fire Department in this investigation.

Crews brought out a boat, used sonar equipment and took pictures of the area, looking for any signs of Terrell’s whereabouts.

1594491196657.png

MEDIA - BREASIA TERRELL: Missing from Davenport, IA since 10 July 2020 - Age 10

Last edited:
Breasia Terrell's mother keeping pressure on Henry Dinkins 35 days after Breasia was last seen

Breasia's mother wants to keep the pressure on Dinkins about the whereabouts of her daughter.

For breasia's mother Aishia Lankford today was a chance to remind Henry Dinkins what she is fighting for.

Aishia saying, “We came here today not only to just see him but so he also could see us and see the pain.”

But Aishia didn't get her chance to face him.

Dinkins did not have to appear in person for a hearing today, instead filing paperwork through his attorney.

Aishia saying, “I want to be able to face him. I mean truthfully me coming down to this court date isn`t enough for me. A visit isn`t enough for me.”

Aishia’s family friend, Amber Harrington, says they are confident he knows something more about her whereabouts.

Harrington saying, “Having Breasia shirts on so he constantly has to see her is our only chance that we have in our hearts of getting him to crack or talk or anything.”

Aishia has sent four letters to Dinkins so far trying to learn more, only to hear nothing back.

“He refuses to see me he actually updated his visiting list to where if you`re not on his visiting list then you can`t come see him,”

As another day goes by with no idea what happened to her daughter and why she didn't come home, Aishia pleads for Dinkins to help her.

“I`m Aishia. This is Breasia Terrell. Why can`t you help me bring her home?”

The first we knew was that she texted her mom to say good night I believe around 9 or so. The 3 a.m. sighting I don't know much about. I am guessing they have a glimpse of her on camera or a witness saw her and that this is when they think the perp took her... I don't know or think she was out and about on her own but it is a bit unclear...

Breasia Terrell's mother keeping pressure on Henry Dinkins 35 days after Breasia was last seen

Breasia's mother wants to keep the pressure on Dinkins about the whereabouts of her daughter.

For breasia's mother Aishia Lankford today was a chance to remind Henry Dinkins what she is fighting for.

Aishia saying, “We came here today not only to just see him but so he also could see us and see the pain.”

But Aishia didn't get her chance to face him.

Dinkins did not have to appear in person for a hearing today, instead filing paperwork through his attorney.

Aishia saying, “I want to be able to face him. I mean truthfully me coming down to this court date isn`t enough for me. A visit isn`t enough for me.”

Aishia’s family friend, Amber Harrington, says they are confident he knows something more about her whereabouts.

Harrington saying, “Having Breasia shirts on so he constantly has to see her is our only chance that we have in our hearts of getting him to crack or talk or anything.”

Aishia has sent four letters to Dinkins so far trying to learn more, only to hear nothing back.

“He refuses to see me he actually updated his visiting list to where if you`re not on his visiting list then you can`t come see him,”

As another day goes by with no idea what happened to her daughter and why she didn't come home, Aishia pleads for Dinkins to help her.

“I`m Aishia. This is Breasia Terrell. Why can`t you help me bring her home?”
If he's a sociopath, he's not going to crack. In their minds, they are the victim.

Everyday People: Sister, mother tormented after Dinkins designated 'person of interest' in Breasia Terrell missing person case

Neda Dinkins-McQuay spoke for the better part of 90 minutes Tuesday before she stopped and suppressed a sob.

"I just want to have grace," she said quietly as she stood in the shade of one of Duck Creek Park's shelters. "I want you to be granted grace and everyone involved in this to find grace.

"I'm not judging who took Breasia. I can't judge who did that. I just want to thank you for listening to my side of the story. You have granted me a moment of grace."

Neda's side of the story ended in a near whisper uttered from behind the safety of a mask. It started with Breasia Terrell, a missing 10-year-old Davenport girl. The middle of the story included allegations of murder contracts, police harassment and the pain of harsh public assumptions.

Breasia was reported missing early July 10, and Neda's brother, Henry Earl Dinkins, was arrested later that day. He was charged with three sex offender registry violations — but those charges have nothing to do with the fact Breasia and Henry Dinkins' son were visiting him during the time frame the girl went missing.

Henry Dinkins has not been charged with any crime in relation to Breasia's disappearance, though Davenport Police investigators named him a "person of interest" in the case.

Neda was joined under the shade of the shelter Tuesday by their mother, Helen Mosely. Both women said they believed Henry Dinkins "had nothing to do" with Breasia's disappearance.

"My mother and I were out of town that Friday morning (July 10) when Henry (Dinkins) called us and told us that Breasia was gone," Neda said. "I told him to call the police right away."

Neda and Helen insisted they cooperated with Davenport Police investigators "from the minute" Henry Dinkins was taken into custody. They said they offered to let investigators in the home Neda and Helen shared.

The Davenport Police Department have not confirmed or denied any part of Neda's story about how she was treated by investigators. As of Wednesday the department has not yet replied to the Quad-City Times' inquiries.

Again, the Davenport Police and its investigators are put in the position of answering allegations that may tie directly into an investigation into a missing girl. From the police perspective, it's a can't-win proposition.

Neda said she's in a similar place.

"Two weeks went by, then (Davenport investigators) took my phone," Neda said. "I still haven't gotten that phone back. It's just gone. I've asked about it, but the detectives tell me I can't have it back yet."

Neda and Helen said despite the fact they offered to let investigators into their home, police "kicked in the door" weeks later and executed a search warrant.

"Maybe there's a reason," Neda said. "But I don't know what it is. I can't imagine how things changed from July 10 to weeks later."

Neda made even darker allegations.

"We heard there is a hit out on Henry (Dinkins), me, my mother and other members of our family. A murder contract," Neda said. "One day there was an SUV following us, so we called 911 and we were pretty upset. I was very afraid of what was going to happen.

"The dispatcher told us that the police would get to us when they get us. I just feel like we are being held responsible for something we had nothing to do with."

Neda visits her brother and they talk on the phone, she said.

"We can't get any pastors to see him," she said. "Everyone assumes he did something horrible. But he is hanging in there.

"We have faith in God. I am certain through God all of this will be revealed. People have stopped talking to us. Some people have made horrible allegations against us. I don't know what happened. If I did, I would tell it."

He sure seems like the perp but they also seem to have nothing on him other than of course she was there which is huge, and that he is a sex offender which is also huge but I mean as far as being able to charge him. They have charges on him with the drugs that will possibly put him away for longer than murder sometimes does.
So this is his mother and sister? Was he living there? I thought he was at an apartment with a gf, his son and Breasia?

Person of interest in Breasia Terrell case moved out of Scott County Jail

The man identified as a person of interest in the disappearance of a 10-year-old Davenport girl has been moved out of the Scott County Jail.

Dinkins was in the Scott County Jail on an unrelated charge of failing to register as a sex offender.

He is now listed as an inmate in the Clinton County Jail.

Person of interest in Breasia Terrell case moved out of Scott County Jail

The man identified as a person of interest in the disappearance of a 10-year-old Davenport girl has been moved out of the Scott County Jail.

Dinkins was in the Scott County Jail on an unrelated charge of failing to register as a sex offender.

He is now listed as an inmate in the Clinton County Jail.

I wonder if it is just due to overcrowding or issues regarding him at Scott County. I would like to think it is new charges are coming relating to Breasia but I don't see how that could be. I don't know about Iowa but it is not unusual to house a prisoner in another county in most states for various reasons. He is facing quite a few years with his other charges elsewhere on the meth thing so hopefully he goes away for some long time but that does not bring her back.

I wonder if this poor child will ever be found.

Is there still an active Amber Alert?

Yes.

Search for 10-year-old Breasia Terrell continues two months after her disappearance

September 10 marks two months since the disappearance of 10-year-old Breasia Terrell.

In a recent interview, Davenport Police told TV6 detectives continue to work on her case. “Any day, any hour of the day that you walk up to that area, they’re working on it. They’re working through tips. They’re working through just everything that comes with that," said Chief of Police Paul Sikorski.

“They’re still working with the FBI and DCI partners,” said Sikorski. “There certainly isn’t the massive assistance we had originally to get set up but that’s the intent with that is to get everything in the investigation going the right way,” he said.

TV6 spoke with Terrell’s mother, Aishia Lankford, on the two-month anniversary of her disappearance. In a statement she provided, Lankford wrote, “It’s been two months 60 days since my baby girl Bree has been gone. 60 days I held her. 60 days ago I heard her tell on someone in the house. 60 days. I go to bed worried and wake up so much more angrier than the last day like words could never tell someone what I’m going through it’s so bad.”

Lankford wrote, “Most days is so hard to get out and wanna do anything or move on through the day on trying to get her face and a message to anyone ears until it reaches hers so she can shine her light bright so that I can come and get her. I miss her so much it’s really hard these days. I tell you, someone so perfect, and yes I say perfect.”

“She was mommies always perfect and I was her queen mommy because she said I was so strong I could cry and get to moving around like nothing ever happened. Anyone please if you have any information a number or something that wasn’t a red flag then but ring bells now even if it was for a split second call it in. Someone knows something she just don’t disappear like this not Breasia Terrell,” wrote Lankford.

Davenport 10-year-old Breasia Terrell disappeared three months ago, and she's still missing. Here's what we know.​

The last three months have been the longest of Aishia Lankford’s life.

Lankford, 28, of Davenport last saw her daughter Breasia Terrell on July 9. The 10-year-old was reported missing the next day and hasn’t been seen since.

That’s three months of praying for the girl’s safe return. Three months of empty searches. Three months of questions – “Where’s Breasia?” and “Why Breasia?” – with no answers.

Three months of darkness.

It’s “horrific” not knowing where her daughter is, Lankford said.

"I want her to know what it's been like without her... I miss her. I miss her smell. I miss her smile. I miss everything about her," Lankford said, unable to hold back tears.

"I love that she's a truth-teller — I could use a truth-teller right about now.”

Detectives are still following up on every lead and tip that comes their way, Davenport Police Assistant Chief Jeff Bladel said, but there are no public updates to be made on the case.

Bladel stressed they need the community's help in finding Terrell, and encourages anyone with information to contact the Davenport Police Department.

"We're still on mission," Bladel continued. "We want this case active in everybody's hearts."

‘I can’t wait until she is actually in my arms’: Breasia’s mother remains hopeful that missing daughter will return home​

It’s been four months since Breasia Terrell vanished.

The 10-year-old was last seen July 10th.

Her family still has no answers.

She was last seen on 53rd Street in Davenport. Her mother Aishia Lankford feels the pain everyday.

Local 4 News spoke with Lankford, one on one Tuesday.

She says it’s horrific not knowing where Breasia is.

The last few months have been the longest of Aishia Lankford’s life.

“It’s been hectic for all these seasons to come and she’s still not here,” says Lankford.

It’s been four months of praying for Breasia’s safe return. With searches coming up empty and questions with no answers.

“It’s about getting the word out, getting her face seen, and keeping her name everywhere.”

She says she recently began counseling, after rampant rumors and allegations begin swirling on social media.

“It definitely hit a hard spot for me,” says Lankford.

To help her get through tough times she turns to her purple notebook, which is her daughter’s favorite color. Nearly everyone of 123 days since her daughter went missing, Lankford writes letters to Breasia, Dinkins, and documents every detail leading to her daughter’s disappearance.

“I write in my book a lot. So when she comes home she’ll be able to know this is what my mom is going through, and what she was thinking. When my hands get tired I just type in my phone,” says Lankford.

She still holds on to hope that she’ll one day be reunited with her daughter.

“I mean I think about it everyday. I write about it everyday. I can’t wait until she is actually in my arms. Her birthday is coming up next month. You know the kids birthday those type of things are definitely touchy,”says Lankford.

She says she has to be strong for Breasia.

Lankford says, “I mean just keeping that faith alone that’s enough to push me on.”

There will also be a Walk for Breasia to maintain awareness, and let it be known that the Quad Cities is not giving up until Breasia is found.

People will gather in unity at 10am on Saturday November 14, 2020 at 2700 53rd Avenue, where it is reported that Breasia was last seen.

Four months later, search for missing Iowa girl continues​

The search for 10-year-old Breasia Terrell continues in eastern Iowa more than four months after she disappeared.

Family and Friends spent the weekend marching for Breasia. They gathered on street corners, holding signs and passing out fliers, trying to find anyone that may know something about the case.

"I definitely appreciate them out here taking the time and effort to actually put in and actually put in the work out here with the T-shirts, the hats, the posters," Breasia's mother, Aishia Lankford, said.

Breasia's 11th birthday is next month.https://www.kcci.com/article/two-mo...ssing-authorities-continue-searching/33998243

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back