BREASIA TERRELL: Iowa vs. Henry Dinkins for July 2020 Kidnapping and Murder of 10-year-old *GUILTY*

1601940522637.png 1594491180661.png

Davenport Police need help locating missing child

The Davenport Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing child.

Breasia Terrell, 10, was last seen in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in the early hours of July 10.

Davenport Police conduct investigation of missing 10-year-old girl at Credit Island

Davenport Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl by the name of Breasia Terrell.

The last time anyone saw her was this morning on E. 53rd St., near Lorton Avenue.

She has been reported missing since around 3 a.m. and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Early Friday night, around 4:30 p.m., police brought their search to Credit Island at the family’s request.

They say this was a frequent fishing spot for Terrell and her family.

Police were joined by the Davenport Fire Department in this investigation.

Crews brought out a boat, used sonar equipment and took pictures of the area, looking for any signs of Terrell’s whereabouts.

1594491196657.png

MEDIA - BREASIA TERRELL: Missing from Davenport, IA since 10 July 2020 - Age 10

Last edited:

Henry Dinkins is a registered sex offender who has been named as a person of interest in the disappearance of missing Iowa child Breasia Terrell, according to Davenport, Iowa’s police chief.

Chief Paul Sikorski released photos of Dinkins and vehicles associated with him during a news conference in which he announced Dinkins’ name. “We need help with information so we can find Breasia.” He said that investigative teams have worked on this case for 24 hours a day. ‘We will continue to work feverishly to find her and bring her home,” Sikorski said.

1. Dinkins Dated Breasia’s Mother About Eight Years Ago

According to the newspaper, Dinkins is the father of Breasia’s mother’s youngest son, and they had a relationship together about eight years ago. Of their relationship, Breasia’s mother, Aishia Lankford, said, “I was with (Dinkins) and then I found out about him. He was weird. And then he went to prison.”

2. Dinkins Is in Custody on Accusations That He Violated the Sex Offender Registry Requirements

3. Breasia’s Mother Met With Dinkins in Jail After She Disappeared

“Breasia was with her brother. And he was visiting his father. I never imagined I would be here talking about this,” Lankford told the newspaper, adding that she initially refused to speak with Dinkins in jail.

“I figured it might help the police,” she told the newspaper of her change of heart. “I believe he knows something about what is happening with my daughter. I think my daughter is alive. And I think it’s just a matter of time before Dinkins is ready to crack and tell what he knows.”

She said Dinkins denied having anything to do with the child’s disappearance, telling her, “Why did you drag me into this?”

4. Dinkins Was Convicted of a Sex Offense in 1990

The registry says that Dinkins was convicted in 1990 in Scott County when he was 17 years old of sexual abuse, 3rd degree. The victim was a female between the ages of 0-13. It also says that he has 16 known aliases.

5. Police Released Photos of Dinkins’ Vehicles

The chief said Dinkins’ vehicles include a 2007 Maroon Chevy Impala, 2012 Black Chevy Camaro, and a 1980’s Kings Highway motorhome. Those vehicles are currently impounded and in the possession of investigators.
This clears some things but muddies others...

So the brother is younger than Breasia. So Dinkins was around apparently when Breasia was two... It seems... So this brings me back to again, how did the two get to Dinkins' "new" address...? So she was the oldest so we have like a ten and eight year old... Did they walk? Was it planned and Dinkins picked them up? I just don't get it I guess.

So his sexual charge was at 17 and in 1990. However, mom says she met him, had a child with him, she realized he was weird and he then went to prison... That cannot relate to the 1990 charge or the sexual charge... Not one bit...
16 known aliases??

So the 8 year old was visiting his father like it was planned or the norm... Sister went with. To leave grandma's house at what time of night and just before mom gets home? What are we missing here?

I am not even leaning in a direction right now nor accusing anyone because I guess I just don't get it... Something is missing here... Big time...

I would like to know the distance between grandma's and "dad's" new place if this is the route...? Dad apparently has a gf, the last we know of any sex charge was 1990 when he was 17 (not saying there can't be others unknown)... IS he the one responsible here for what happened to this girl...?

I haven't like looked at like FB or SM or anything... Maybe there is more scuttlebutt out there. I have thought about contacting some I know in that very area and seeing what locally is being said but have not done so...

I truly hope this girl is safe...

Breasia’s aunt said she hopes Dinkins remains in custody and cooperates with the investigation, indicating that she did not believe he had been forthcoming so far regarding anything he might know about Breasia’s disappearance.

Lakeshia said she has a daughter of her own, and that Dinkins had repeatedly asked in the past to take care of her.

“I said no,” Lakeshia said. “You know when someone is a molester.”

Lakeshia said she could only speak for herself about her impressions of Dinkins, and said she could not share any further details about the circumstances of Breasia’s reported visit to his home on Thursday night.

Strange. Why now I wonder?

Also, apparently new information.

The city said in a media release that the State of Iowa issued an Ambert Alert for Terrell “due to new information that was obtained overnight” around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Breasia’s aunt said she hopes Dinkins remains in custody and cooperates with the investigation, indicating that she did not believe he had been forthcoming so far regarding anything he might know about Breasia’s disappearance.

Lakeshia said she has a daughter of her own, and that Dinkins had repeatedly asked in the past to take care of her.

“I said no,” Lakeshia said. “You know when someone is a molester.”

Lakeshia said she could only speak for herself about her impressions of Dinkins, and said she could not share any further details about the circumstances of Breasia’s reported visit to his home on Thursday night.

Oh great, I was trying to have some hope. If he was LOOKING or offering to watch female children, who were not his, right there that would send alarm bells through me BIG TIME...

Her poor mama. :(
Breasia Terrell's mom: 'I don’t know where she is. But I have to find her.'

Aishia Lankford betrayed no emotion during Tuesday’s press briefing inside the Davenport Police Department’s conference room.

The mother of missing Davenport 10-year-old Breasia Terrell didn’t get a chance to make a comment. Lankford stood behind Police Chief Paul Sikorski and stared, wide-eyed, at the dark, blank lenses of the local media’s cameras pointed at the podium. She stood up straight, hands clasped behind her back.

Maybe Lankford wanted the cameras to notice the shirt she wore, which featured the smiling face of her daughter emblazoned under the stark letters that spelled “Missing.” Maybe she was determined to not betray her frustration and exhaustion.

Hours before the press briefing Lankford called herself “empty.”

She made that statement after spending the better part of two hours standing in a hot parking lot at the Scott County Courthouse speaking with a television reporter. Then she agreed to an interview with The Quad-City Times.
"I’m kind of trapped,” Lankford said. “I want to be out there, looking for my daughter. But I feel like I have to do this stuff with the TV people to make sure people see Breasia and know where to call.“So I’m stuck. And a few people have asked me why I haven’t been at some of the searches, and I try to tell them about how much time it takes to do these things with media people.”Lankford said social media — primarily Facebook — proved to be too difficult to handle.

“I shut my profile down,” she said. “So there were posts about my daughter and the search, and soon people were posting about me.“ All of the sudden the search for a little girl is stuff about whether I’m a good mom. And I admit, I fell in it at first. I shot back and defended myself. Then I realized none of this is about me. Even if people think I’m worthless, they should still care about what happens to Breasia.”

Lankford described other distractions and harassment. Psychics contacted her. Someone sent a note claiming to have Breasia and demanded money. There are constant rumors. She spent Monday night at a search scene while a number of people took to social media and proclaimed Breasia’s body had been found.

“How can you feel anything when a person tells you that your daughter is alive and an hour later you hear she’s dead?” Lankford said. “I can’t even tell you how it feels. And the whole time, you can’t think about how you feel anyways because your daughter’s still out there.”

Lankford returned to the idea of being “empty.” Through the first five days of Breasia’s disappearance, Lankford estimated she slept “about five hours.”

“I don’t sleep. I can’t really eat. I haven’t been hungry,” she said. “I feel empty. Like, just empty. People want to know why I’m not crying all the time. I have nothing. My daughter is gone and no one seems to know anything and I have no idea how to feel. I have to have hope.”

Lankford believes Breasia is alive.

“When I close my eyes, I can see her face. I can hear her voice,” Lankford said. “I hear her calling out to me to come and find her.

“That’s why I believe she’s alive. I don’t know where she is. But I have to find her.”

It is hard to say but she appears upfront, she does not avoid anything nor hesitate. She looks flat out exhausted and worn down likely from worry and emotion and more.

I wonder a few things but I do not wonder that she was involved in any way other than perhaps allowing her daughter to go with the brother and it does not really sound like that is the case either but we really do not know how it came about... Nor do we really know the reasons for the park and island searches...

Still praying for a happy outcome here although I am not sure how that is likely after this long and no sign...

Davenport Police: New information moves search for missing girl to Clinton County

Davenport officials say an AMBER Alert for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell is still active and a massive search effort is underway.

Davenport Police Maj. Jeff Bladel said that "newly developed information" in the disappearance of Terrell has shifted the search to the Clinton and Camancha area in eastern Iowa.

He says that a dozen law enforcement agencies and scores of volunteers were participating in the search, based in the tiny town of Low Moor. Bladel says that investigators have identified a "wide area to search."

On Facebook, Davenport Police say that along with working with multiple agencies, they are coordinating volunteers who would like to participate in the search efforts. They say volunteers are asked to report to the Low Moor Community Center (323 3rd ave, Low Moor) to check-in and be provided more information about the search.

"My voice is gone because they're gonna hear us. Period. Period. Until Bre comes home you will hear these voices," family member Lueritha McGowan said.

Davenport Police: New information moves search for missing girl to Clinton County

Davenport officials say an AMBER Alert for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell is still active and a massive search effort is underway.

Davenport Police Maj. Jeff Bladel said that "newly developed information" in the disappearance of Terrell has shifted the search to the Clinton and Camancha area in eastern Iowa.

He says that a dozen law enforcement agencies and scores of volunteers were participating in the search, based in the tiny town of Low Moor. Bladel says that investigators have identified a "wide area to search."

On Facebook, Davenport Police say that along with working with multiple agencies, they are coordinating volunteers who would like to participate in the search efforts. They say volunteers are asked to report to the Low Moor Community Center (323 3rd ave, Low Moor) to check-in and be provided more information about the search.

"My voice is gone because they're gonna hear us. Period. Period. Until Bre comes home you will hear these voices," family member Lueritha McGowan said.

I wonder what brought this around...

Is this area anywhere in the same vicinity as when Lyric and Elizabeth went missing or were found? They just crossed my mind as they were Iowa and of similar age. Sad... I may go map it but as you probably know, mapping is not my talent...

I wonder what brought this around...

Is this area anywhere in the same vicinity as when Lyric and Elizabeth went missing or were found? They just crossed my mind as they were Iowa and of similar age. Sad... I may go map it but as you probably know, mapping is not my talent...

Lyric and Elizabeth disappeared in Evansdale. It's about 2 hours / 130 miles apart. Their bodies were found in Bremer County, which is near Evansdale.

Unfortunately, I don't think anything or anyone other than Dinkins is responsible for this one. (Not that another predator would be any better.)

Lyric and Elizabeth disappeared in Evansdale. It's about 2 hours / 130 miles apart. Their bodies were found in Bremer County, which is near Evansdale.

Unfortunately, I don't think anything or anyone other than Dinkins is responsible for this one. (Not that another predator would be any better.)

Yeah, I don't think they are related. It just brought them to mind, Iowa, the age and the fact they were found some miles away from their original location. I know Iowa but mostly the areas of it I have mentioned and another area or two with other relatives but not the eastern side, not the southern really either, etc. I could not bring it to mind easily...

Yeah, it is looking like him. I wonder where the info came from. Maybe putting his vehicles out there someone saw one of them... Or perhaps some phone info etc. they may be getting back...? Or surveillance with his vehicle on video somewhere...

Search for 10-year-old Breasia Terrell enters seventh day

Aishia Lankford pulled into the parking lot at the Low Moor Community Center just after 10:30 a.m. Friday.

The mother of missing Davenport 10-year-old Breasia Terrell was handed a clipboard and quickly filled out the information sheet required by Scott County Emergency Services.

Earlier this week Lankford said she would search “any where” to bring her daughter home. On Friday, she was 32 miles from Davenport, doing just that.

In the last seven days, Lankford has searched for Breasia while dealing with everything from psychics to rampant Facebook rumors.

On Thursday, the search shifted from Credit Island in Davenport to Clinton County and Camanche. By mid-morning Friday, Davenport Police said they were halting the volunteer search at 2 p.m., because of excessive heat.

Lankford said most people will never understand the relationship she shared with Breasia. She said she wished more people knew “just how special, how kind my daughter is.”
“Just a few days before she disappeared she sent me a text and told me how beautiful I am and that she wants to be just like me,” Lankford said Monday. “She is 10, but she always tries to make sure I’m feeling good.

“She cares about me.”
Lankford shared videos Breasia made of dances and the music she loves.

“TikTok and all this stuff — she just loves to sing and dance and make videos,” Lankford said, smiling as she recalled her daughter’s love of dancing.

“She was trying to teach me how to do some of it. We just had the best time. I can’t wait to get her back and we can do those things.”
Lankford described her daughter as “strong and athletic.” She loves basketball.

“My baby is a fighter,” Lankford said. “That’s one reason why I think we will find her. She is strong.”

‘You’ll never get a sleep in that cell until she’s home’: Breasia Terrell’s mother remains hopeful daughter will come home

Police are now focusing their search efforts in a 25-square-mile area of Clinton County.

More than 170 law enforcement officers are involved.

Dozens of volunteers joined them in that search Friday, including Breasia’s mother.

“I appreciate those that it touched. Those whose face my daughter touched. Those who came out and actually bought t-shirts, you know, out here in the sun, getting bit up,” says Aishia Lankford, Breasia’s mother.

Lankford is remaining hopeful her daughter will come back home.

“I feel it. I know it. I mean, we’re walking through the woods, but I still feel that she’s located in someone’s house. I do know that much. If she is anywhere out here in these woods or something, that’s because they had to let her go because the tension is getting a bit too hot out there for them, because she is everywhere, and it’s going to be that way until she comes home.”

She’s hoping that, with the help of so many, maybe some leads will be found.

”I want to thank our community, and I thank you guys for keeping updates like that. Also, keeping her in the news, so he can make sure that he can see her face to let him know I’m not going anywhere at all. You’ll never get a sleep in that cell until she’s home,” says Lankford.

Search for Breasia Terrell continued in Clinton Co. Saturday

The search for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell continued through Saturday. As the search in Clinton County entered its third day, many were still assisting in the efforts.

“A lot of people are here today. We told people this is where we’d be at so we got here first thing and we just got done looking our area that law enforcement gave us. We didn’t find anything unfortunately but there’s still a lot of ground to cover,” said Athena Gilbraith, a volunteer.

Police said they’re searching about 26 square miles in the county. As each day passes, community support continues to grow. Emergency services said many have donated items like food and water. Gilbraith brought donations from others with her as well.

“Breasia’s teachers dropped off about 100 cases of water and Gatorade to my house yesterday for their part and we brought that up with us,” she said.

The heat index reached triple digits on Saturday, but the urgency for the search continued. Volunteers stayed hydrated and prepared and many rested when needed. As both the search and heat intensified, they’re hoping to help bring Breasia home.

It says right above her mom believes she is in someone's house and has said before she feels as a mother that she is alive... Of course, she may want to believe that but mother's instincts sometimes should not be discredited...

Not sure where info is coming from for any of these search areas from day one, from Mother Goose, to Credit Island to now this Clinton County, etc. She does not even seem sold on where they are searching just a post or two above here. She appreciates it but thinks again she is in someone's home.

Hard to say, maybe she has a need to believe this to have hope she is alive...

I wish we knew more. The man in jail for non-registry on the surface seems very likely but then again, he went years or decades since an offense (that he was caught at anyhow) and never had killed anyone and he decided to do this now...? I think he is the likely perp based on the info we know but it does seem a bit odd...

It is hard when there are minors because we will likely hear little about what the younger brother may have to say or know. I agree with that as minors should be protected from media and the public to no end. However, he must know a bit if the two went to his dad's together... Hence, I would think his mother would know a bit from him for sure as well.

Just thinking out loud...

I mean, that's really the best option. If Breasia were to be alive still, she would have to be being held in someone's home. You never want to find something when you're on a search like that. But searchers unrelated to the family are more able to "detach" from the reality and hope to find something to help. I imagine her mom HAS to go to that place in her head. That her daughter is alive and being held. Because if she were to actually find her in one of these searches.... :(

'I hope that we are hunting for nothing,': volunteers endure hot and humid conditions in search for Breasia Terrell

On a weekend when temperatures sometimes reached dangerous highs, volunteers came in large numbers to assist in the search for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell.

"I have never done anything like this," said volunteer Tom Sager, who is retired. He had spent the day walking along Highway 67 near Camanche.

"I, myself, and three others, we walked the ditch. And then we went to another area after that. It's been a hot day but they've been giving water and doing a lot of good things like that," Sager said.

Scott County Emergency Management Agency oversees the volunteer search effort at Low Moor Community Center.

"We've had volunteers bring not only water but bring coolers with ice in it so that we can keep it cold," said Jim Hawkes, who works for the agency. "We're telling them to wear bug spray, sunscreen, take breaks."

At times on Saturday, the heat index crossed 110 degrees, and 104 volunteers still came. Davenport police handed out search area assignments to organize the effort.

"The mission is to find out what happened to this little girl so the family can have answers. I can't imagine with that mom is going through," said Hawkes.

Some volunteers told News Eight they encountered some items on their search that they thought might be clues. Sager said he did not find anything of note.

"I'm happy to be here, but I hope that we're hunting for nothing," Sager said.

It almost sounds like just a way to keep the community and volunteers busy. I hope if she is held or imprisoned somewhere it is/was not by the man in jail. It is a thought that I try to keep out of my mind but unfortunately keeps crossing it...

In this case, I try to keep some hope as she is older. While she is still a child and helpless in many circumstances or in what may have happened, if she is still alive, she is older than a toddler in maybe finding some way to gain trust, make contact somehow, get help somehow, etc... That is where I have just a bit of hope...

I don't think they're looking for a way to "keep the community busy" in the middle of a pandemic and 110 degree temperatures. I, too, hope she is alive somewhere. But they're not going to go out and search for fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back