BREASIA TERRELL: Iowa vs. Henry Dinkins for July 2020 Kidnapping and Murder of 10-year-old *GUILTY*

1601940522637.png 1594491180661.png

Davenport Police need help locating missing child

The Davenport Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a missing child.

Breasia Terrell, 10, was last seen in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street in the early hours of July 10.

Davenport Police conduct investigation of missing 10-year-old girl at Credit Island

Davenport Police are searching for a missing 10-year-old girl by the name of Breasia Terrell.

The last time anyone saw her was this morning on E. 53rd St., near Lorton Avenue.

She has been reported missing since around 3 a.m. and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops.

Early Friday night, around 4:30 p.m., police brought their search to Credit Island at the family’s request.

They say this was a frequent fishing spot for Terrell and her family.

Police were joined by the Davenport Fire Department in this investigation.

Crews brought out a boat, used sonar equipment and took pictures of the area, looking for any signs of Terrell’s whereabouts.

1594491196657.png

MEDIA - BREASIA TERRELL: Missing from Davenport, IA since 10 July 2020 - Age 10

Last edited:
I wonder that too. States so vary... I can think of someone who was not allowed a license in two states including his own but he had legitimate ones from other states... One crime in one state did not necessarily affect the next. Different type of thing and in some ways nice each state can govern their own and make some of their own laws but it also creates big problems sometimes...
They are "supposed" to share that type of info, but we all know how that works in reality.

They are "supposed" to share that type of info, but we all know how that works in reality.
Yep. I had an eye opening experience years ago. Nothing like a sex offender. Just how one state is really happy when another state ends up with that person after years of trouble in their own by the person... Takes the individual or the victim to start digging... And find out and be told why it is and how that works when one runs into a good one or two in the system... Both states or more would like to wash their hands and send them back etc. Costs money too ya know...

Yep. I had an eye opening experience years ago. Nothing like a sex offender. Just how one state is really happy when another state ends up with that person after years of trouble in their own by the person... Takes the individual or the victim to start digging... And find out and be told why it is and how that works when one runs into a good one or two in the system... Both states or more would like to wash their hands and send them back etc. Costs money too ya know...
Bingo

Yeah he apparently said something about Mother Goose. I'm just wondering if maybe her cousin / his son heard him ask her if she wanted to go see Mother Goose? Seems like an odd conversation for 3am though. Just wondering.
Sorry. I seem to be either missing notifications/posts or something lately. Did not see this until now. Yeah mother goose now I believe is next to like a learning center but it sure does not fit the time of night... i think we are missing facts. I read the mom had a missed text from her that she saw 20 minutes or so later when done with work where daughter said goodnight. It never said though that she was at home, it could have been a good night from a sitter, relative's home, etc. No idea if she was home while mom worked or what the deal was. Do we? I may have missed something...

I will say one thing that I find to be pretty true even in much smaller areas/cities. Parks are one thing during the day time and an entirely different world a few hours later. Some even during the day a tourist or just a family may not be aware of it is not just a safe park... I read some interesting things today on the island talked of here and the park... Lots of good things too but...

Breasia's mother was at work. She was staying with her grandmother (also the grandmother of the cousin).

Breasia's grandmother Donita Gardner, of Davenport said when her grandson went to stay overnight with Dinkins, his father, Breasia went with him.
Thank you. This had a lot more info than I had seen. I think I encountered it earlier and could not access it. I had to turn off several ad blockers to see it.

I don't even know what to say. Clearly he moved and did not update. It mentions other offenses and troubles too. I don't want to throw anyone under the bus but do not entirely understand her going with him to this place... Or his going if this address was new and not updated... Do we know how old the son is...? Who this young girl went with? Driving age? Older? Or a child himself? Did they walk to his father's new address?

One sad likely fact, I doubt this ten year old disappeared all on her own with no foul play... And she was likely safe at her grandmother's... That is sad.

Friends, family still searching for missing 10-year-old girl, Breasia Terrell, in Quad Cities

Monday, the search is underway for a missing 10-year-old girl in the Quad Cities.

The search has now expanded to other areas of the river. A growing group of family, friends and strangers have been searching muddy river banks, rummaging through a junkyard and tracing the riverside.

The search party says they have found evidence and turned it over to investigators, but Terrell’s mother says she can’t shake the feeling this isn’t real.

It’s never gone past 24 hours, and she’s not here,” Aishia Lankford, Breasia’s mother, said. “This is not real. We have so many cars out here. So many detectives out here. And we have not got one, one lead on what’s going on with her.”

Crime Stoppers of the Quad Cities is offering a $3,500 dollar reward for information which leads to locating Terrell.

Jailed sex offender “person of interest” in missing Davenport girl case

A man being held in the Scott County Jail on a sex offender registry violation charge is a person of interest in the case of a missing 10-year-old Davenport girl, according to a motion filed in district court by his attorney on Monday afternoon.

According to the criminal complaint filed in Scott County District Court on Friday, a search warrant was executed at an apartment in the 2700 block of East 53rd Street. Items belonging to, and identifying of, Dinkins were found in the apartment, according to officers. A woman in the residence who said she was his girlfriend told officers that he had been living there for over a month. Police allege that Dinkins did not notify the Scott County Sheriff’s Office of the change in address, as required by sex offender registry rules.

Dinkins is being held on $25,000 cash bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on July 14, 2020, at 8:30 a.m. for a preliminary hearing.

Heavy police presence blocking street in Davenport

Davenport police blocked off South Concord Street near River Drive around 10 p.m. on Monday in Davenport.

The area is where self-organized search groups have been searching for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell. This area is also nearby where Davenport police and fire searched at the lagoon at Credit Island on Friday.

1594703650320.png

Heavy police presence blocking street in Davenport

Davenport police blocked off South Concord Street near River Drive around 10 p.m. on Monday in Davenport.

The area is where self-organized search groups have been searching for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell. This area is also nearby where Davenport police and fire searched at the lagoon at Credit Island on Friday.

View attachment 5163
Nothing came of this? So worried about this girl, but don't have a lot of hope on this one...

Nothing came of this? So worried about this girl, but don't have a lot of hope on this one...

I thought for sure they had found her. Seems like they were just searching based on a tip and didn't find her.

UPDATE: Breasia Terrell's mother met with Henry Earl Dinkins this morning

Aishia Lankford, mother of Breasia Terrell, spoke with Henry Earl Dinkins this morning, she said. Dinkins asked for the meeting and claimed he had nothing to do with the disappearance of her 10-year-old daughter.

Dinkins is being held at the Scott County Jail on a sex offender violation. His lawyer called Dinkins a "person of interest" in a motion to withdraw from the case. Davenport Police have not named him as a suspect.

Acting on a tip late Monday night, Davenport Police searched an area along South Concord Street south of River Drive in hopes of finding the girl.

More than 100 people congregated at the junction of the two streets but went home disappointed after midnight when the search ended unsuccessfully.

I thought for sure they had found her. Seems like they were just searching based on a tip and didn't find her.

UPDATE: Breasia Terrell's mother met with Henry Earl Dinkins this morning

Aishia Lankford, mother of Breasia Terrell, spoke with Henry Earl Dinkins this morning, she said. Dinkins asked for the meeting and claimed he had nothing to do with the disappearance of her 10-year-old daughter.

Dinkins is being held at the Scott County Jail on a sex offender violation. His lawyer called Dinkins a "person of interest" in a motion to withdraw from the case. Davenport Police have not named him as a suspect.

Acting on a tip late Monday night, Davenport Police searched an area along South Concord Street south of River Drive in hopes of finding the girl.

More than 100 people congregated at the junction of the two streets but went home disappointed after midnight when the search ended unsuccessfully.

Isn't it hard to know whether a child not being found should be relief or not? I would like to have hope this girl is alive but she is ten... Hard to believe she could be... I don't know what to think of him... It seems like the likely answer but only based on what we know... One thing I would like to know is how old this "cousin" is, why they left, how they left, etc... Where they went, when they went and more... From the little we know, this is the other BIG question for me...

It means nothing but since I had the site up and it is statewide, I checked Dinkins in Wisconsin court records and came up with nothing... Of course just a wrong spelling of a name in the system or in the news can nix a result... I did not expect to find him but the border to a few states is not that far, Wisconsin being one...

DPD gives new details on person of interest in missing girl case

Davenport police confirmed Henry E. Dinkins is a person of interest related to the case of 10-year-old Breasia Terrell during a press conference on Tuesday.

During the press conference, Chief Paul Sikorski said Dinkins is currently in custody on other charges related to a sex offender registry violation.

According to police, a person of interest is someone who has not been arrested or formally charged in this case.

Sikorski said they’ve listed Dinkins as a person of interest because a person of interest can either have information that could assist the investigation or they could possess certain characteristics that merit further attention by investigators.

“We are asking the public’s assistance for any information regarding Dinkins and associated vehicles during the timeframe of Thursday, July 9, from 10 p.m. to Friday, July 10 at 12 p.m.” Sikorski said. “We are requesting any information the public may have on Dinkins’ whereabouts in the Quad-Cities area during that timeframe.”

“This is an evolving, active investigation,” Chief Sikorski said. “While we understand the public’s interest in this case, we can only provide limited information at this time as to not impede the integrity of the investigation.”

Sikorski said Dinkins is known to have previous connections to the Camanche and Clinton areas.

During the press conference, police shared vehicles associated with Dinkins including a 2007 Maroon Chevy Impala, 2012 Black Chevy Camaro and a 1980′s Kings Highway motorhome. Sikorski said all these vehicles are currently impounded and in the possession of investigators.

Police ask if you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Dinkins or these vehicles during the timeframe of July 9 from 10 p.m to Friday, July 10 at 12 p.m., to call 911 immediately and share the information with investigators.

1594763770843.png

New details released in relation to missing Breasia Terrell.

Breasia Terrell went missing on Friday the 10th of July. Police have announced a man Breasia knows is being held in jail and is a person of interest. Police are making new pleas for help, as Crimestoppers offers $3500 for information pertaining to the case. Her family are also pleading with the community to help bring her home.

It`s a family's worst nightmare.

"Bri we out here fighting for you baby. And we're not going to give up," says Lueritha McGowan.

The five day mark as come and gone, and still there no sign of the 10-year-old.

Lueritha McGowan is Breasia's first cousin, she's frustrated with police efforts.

"We're asking what should we be doing, where should we be going, but running into brick walls face first," says Ms. McGowan.

She wants the Davenport Police to do more.

"This is a 10 year old little girl that we are going to fight for until we can't fight no more and she's home. Period."

The family says it's doing everything it can. Breasia's uncle, Demarcus Lankford says, "We out here passing out flyers, knocking on doors. Putting them on cars. We ain't going no where till she comes home."

This article clears things up a little. Breasia's mother has a child with Dinkins. Breasia was with her brother Dinkins' son. The mother said she dated Dinkins about a decade ago before learning more about him... She seems to want to clarify what people are trying to figure out, guilty of it myself. I do wish we knew just how old the brother is and why at that time of night she went with and they went to his father's...

The mother seems to feel her daughter is alive. I hope she is right.

Henry Dinkins is a registered sex offender who has been named as a person of interest in the disappearance of missing Iowa child Breasia Terrell, according to Davenport, Iowa’s police chief.

Chief Paul Sikorski released photos of Dinkins and vehicles associated with him during a news conference in which he announced Dinkins’ name. “We need help with information so we can find Breasia.” He said that investigative teams have worked on this case for 24 hours a day. ‘We will continue to work feverishly to find her and bring her home,” Sikorski said.

1. Dinkins Dated Breasia’s Mother About Eight Years Ago

According to the newspaper, Dinkins is the father of Breasia’s mother’s youngest son, and they had a relationship together about eight years ago. Of their relationship, Breasia’s mother, Aishia Lankford, said, “I was with (Dinkins) and then I found out about him. He was weird. And then he went to prison.”

2. Dinkins Is in Custody on Accusations That He Violated the Sex Offender Registry Requirements

3. Breasia’s Mother Met With Dinkins in Jail After She Disappeared

“Breasia was with her brother. And he was visiting his father. I never imagined I would be here talking about this,” Lankford told the newspaper, adding that she initially refused to speak with Dinkins in jail.

“I figured it might help the police,” she told the newspaper of her change of heart. “I believe he knows something about what is happening with my daughter. I think my daughter is alive. And I think it’s just a matter of time before Dinkins is ready to crack and tell what he knows.”

She said Dinkins denied having anything to do with the child’s disappearance, telling her, “Why did you drag me into this?”

4. Dinkins Was Convicted of a Sex Offense in 1990

The registry says that Dinkins was convicted in 1990 in Scott County when he was 17 years old of sexual abuse, 3rd degree. The victim was a female between the ages of 0-13. It also says that he has 16 known aliases.

5. Police Released Photos of Dinkins’ Vehicles

The chief said Dinkins’ vehicles include a 2007 Maroon Chevy Impala, 2012 Black Chevy Camaro, and a 1980’s Kings Highway motorhome. Those vehicles are currently impounded and in the possession of investigators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back