OH BRAYLEN NOBLE: Missing from Toledo, OH - 4 Sept 2020 - Age 3 *Found Deceased*

1599250867614.png
Police, firefighters searching Swan Creek near Byrne Road for missing 3-year-old

Toledo Police and Fire & Rescue crews are searching for a 3-year-old boy who went missing at Friday afternoon at Hunter's Ridge Apartments.

According to police, Braylen's mother suspects he fell out of a third-story window.

Crews including divers and K-9 are currently searching in the woods and creek nearby.

TPD, Toledo Fire searching for missing nonverbal 3-year-old

Toledo Police and Fire are searching for a missing 3-year-old boy this afternoon and also are asking for the public's help in locating the missing toddler in south Toledo.
Braylen Noble, 3, was reported missing on Friday from the 3400 block of Gibraltar Heights Drive at the Hunters Ridge apartments. His mother called police to say the boy apparently fell out of a third-floor window and she couldn't find him, police said.

The child last was seen wearing a long-sleeved red and white Mickey Mouse shirt.

Toledo Police and Fire personnel have been searching for the boy since 12:25 p.m. Friday.

Braylen is nonverbal, police said. Toledo Police and Fire personnel are searching the areas of South Byrne Road and Airport Highway, and the area by the apartment complex in the 3400 block of Gibraltar Heights Drive.

Officers and detectives are now conducting door-to-door searches of the entire apartment complex, police said at 2:42 p.m.

Also assisting police and fire personnel with the search are Toledo Metroparks Officers. Teams are conducting an area search of surrounding buildings, dumpsters, under vehicles and more, police say.

Drones have been deployed to assist the search and Toledo Fire and Rescue Department's water rescue unit is also on Swan Creek to help search. K9 units are also being employed to help search.

Police say the child's mother has been taken to the Safety Building as a matter of protocol in such search situations.

MEDIA - BRAYLEN NOBLE: Missing from Toledo, OH since 4 Sept 2020 - Age 3

Last edited:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member

Update: Sept 4 at 6:55 PM: Braylen is still missing. Field Operations crews remain out of service to look for him. Detectives are still working on the active Missing Person Investigation. K9 teams are also continuing to work the area.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
Non-verbal doesn't mean silent. A 3-year-old falling out of a THIRD story window is going to, very likely, be injured and cry. Not hop up and walk away.
Also, were you not watching your child long enough that you don't KNOW that he fell out of a window? You just "think" he must have? Because if you saw it happen, certainly you would go down and immediately retrieve him...

Police, firefighters searching Swan Creek near Byrne Road for missing 3-year-old

After searching the adjacent Swan Creek, a nearby swimming pool and everywhere in between, there is still no sign of missing 3-year-old Braylen Noble.

"We've searched probably a quarter mile in each area from this area, maybe even beyond that, with nothing found. It's been searched multiple times. All of the adjacent buildings have been searched by TPD and Toledo Fire," said TFRD Pvt. Sterling Rahe.

Toledo Police officers, Toledo Fire, Metroparks Toledo and even the FBI were on scene beginning in the early afternoon on Friday.

Noble has been reported to be non-verbal, adding to the challenge of locating the young boy. He was last seen wearing a red and white Mickey Mouse long-sleeved shirt.

"We're confident in the training we have there, but it is a different aspect of the search," added TPD Lt. Kellie Lenhardt.

As the search continues, TPD is encouraging everyone to stay clear of the area, and to avoid sharing wrong information.

"False social media rumors, we cannot say it enough, please verify the information you are reading before you share it and cause more concern among people," said Lt. Lenhardt.

GrandmaBear

‘We Have Nothing to Fear Except Fear Itself'
Hmm. Yeah. First window comes open, screen comes off/or is tilted. Certainly possible I guess. Then 3 year old falls or climbs out and then falls, okay. From third story. Like you said, likely to be injured or have a reaction at least. Okay. And then jumps up all 100 percent okay and runs away to where no one can find him? Two apartments below, it appears anyhow, as he falls as well, no one home or noticed? Possible. All of these things possible....? Right off the bat, that is a whole lot of circumstance to believe.

And as pointed out, she "thinks" this is what happened...? Back side or front side of building, no one saw him, no one this time of year was outside and heard a cry or anything?

I will try to stop there as I don't want to accuse any innocent grieving parent but if this is all the way it happened, it would surprise me. It reminds me of the one not long ago in Colorado that I still wonder about where first it was a second floor balcony and then it was first floor... Found dead of course. In water of course. They never seem to be found alive or quickly, they seem to get far very fast... Unnoticed by ANYONE in broad daylight no less. It's a bit much to take in and/or sometimes buy...

In the Miracle and Tony one I think were the names, there was video to show they were wandering on their own, and they did get out, so it does happen but even in that case, the fact that no stranger even saw two children clearly diaper age. did not ever see them, stop or call LE, still has me shaking my head. It does show I guess though that clearly people can ignore wandering young children...

Just too many of these lately.... Nonverbal again. Same story different day almost...

GrandmaBear

Sllywbbt32

This one appears to have been updated late last night so I think it is new. It says in it there are rumors he was found but they deny that is true.

Quote from that article below.

I just don't understand how this happens the way the Mother explained. If he did fall and Mom saw it happen I would think she would have raced down so fast he wouldn't have gone far. (Probably because the fall would have injured him seriously enough that moving would be difficult JMO
And even if she didn't see it actually happen but saw an open window I would think the same would happen.

Toledo Police are wrapping up search efforts tonight for the missing 3-year-old boy. Crews say visibility issues are the cause for suspending the search, and they plan on resuming search efforts in the morning. Right now, his mother is not a suspect nor do police suspect foul play. Crews are expected to check Swan Creek again in the morning.

GrandmaBear

Quote from that article below.

I just don't understand how this happens the way the Mother explained. If he did fall and Mom saw it happen I would think she would have raced down so fast he wouldn't have gone far. (Probably because the fall would have injured him seriously enough that moving would be difficult JMO
And even if she didn't see it actually happen but saw an open window I would think the same would happen.

Toledo Police are wrapping up search efforts tonight for the missing 3-year-old boy. Crews say visibility issues are the cause for suspending the search, and they plan on resuming search efforts in the morning. Right now, his mother is not a suspect nor do police suspect foul play. Crews are expected to check Swan Creek again in the morning.
I agree. I try to be fair in that no parent has their eye on their child in their own home at every second and we don't know much about the family. Is it just mom and him or other kids or mom and other, how old mom is, etc. I get a parent has to sleep, make lunch, etc. and perhaps she thought the child was safely in his room for a few minutes or he was even asleep or something like that.

Yet this just does not sound right. It is a lot to happen and just go that way... I even in my head tell myself well children can be limber, agile and resilient, far more than we are but still to fall from there and then just take off and you or anyone never hears or notices a thing?

Why is it all of these places seem to have a body of water right there? More common than I thought I guess.

There are so many of these in the past few months it is downright freaky. Is it just me that thinks that? Non-verbal, odd just go missing out of a window, out the door, over a fence or gate somehow and found in water. Of course a few of them have ended up with the parents arrested...

The video did show the window open and the screen tilted and at an angle...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
Update: Sept 5 at 8:50 AM: Law Enforcement continues the search for missing 3-year old Braylen Noble. Numerous tips continue to come in and the Missing Person investigation is ongoing. He has not been located yet.

Toledo police resume search for missing 3-year-old

Toledo police resumed their search Saturday for a 3-year-old who was reported missing Friday afternoon.

They were joined by a group of about 15 people, consisting of friends and family of the missing child, who spent part of the morning going door-to-door and walking the grounds around the Hunter’s Ridge Apartments — near Byrne Road and Airport Highway — where the child was reported to have fallen out a a third-floor window.

A tweet by the police department about 9 a.m. Saturday said that numerous tips have come in, and the investigation is ongoing.

Braylen’s mother, who officers have not identified, was taken to the downtown Safety Building to be interviewed, Lieutenant Lenhardt confirmed. She was not in custody.

On Saturday, a woman who said she is Braylen’s mother, Dajnae Cox, was part of the community group conducting the search for Braylen. She declined to comment to The Blade other than to encourage others to join in helping her find her child. She had clothing items on hand in case dog owners could use their canines to help in the search.

A family friend, Nekia Young, said she is frustrated that Toledo Police weren’t visibly searching Saturday for Braylen. The Blade spotted one TPD detective in an unmarked car on the grounds searching earlier that morning before leaving.

“They ain’t trying to do too much, because if they were, they’d be out here right now searching,” Ms. Young said. “We can’t get them out here to search, and by 12 o’clock, it’ll be 24 hours that [Braylen’s] been missing.”

Private Sterling Rahe, spokesman for the Toledo Fire and Rescue Department, said Friday crews searched the area for two hours and did not find the child.

He said rescue workers put on dry suits and combed the banks of Swan Creek for at least a quarter-mile in each direction. The terrain was too rough to put a boat in the water, he said.

“It’s very rough terrain down there, a very steep downgrade,” Private Rahe said.

Officials also looked inside and underneath cars in the apartment complex’s parking lots, as well as inside all adjacent buildings, including in attics. Crews could be seen carrying ladders in and out of apartment buildings, peeking in car windows, and crouching under parked cars.

They also searched the complex’s swimming pool with a diver.

“The extent of the search has been great,” Private Rahe said.

A couple who identified themselves as Braylen’s grandparents declined to comment Friday afternoon to The Blade other than to say they did not know many details of the situation.

The grandmother could be seen talking to law enforcement.

Others at the apartment complex who said they knew the child’s family also declined to comment. Those who lingered outside as the law enforcement presence dissipated were visibly concerned.

GrandmaBear

Hmm.

I guess I would like to know as always who last saw the child and when, I don't think it has been said. I would like to know when someone independently saw him and when mom claims she last did.

It must be some swimming pool to need a diver to search it. The ones I know of you could see immediately if someone was in it.

I don't believe the window story either. Right off the bat, it reeks. I have to say though who would think that was plausible to use such a story? Strange.

Like Thaddeus, really didn't walk but he got out and away... I guess they think it will lean towards abduction or something...

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE: As of 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 5, Braylen Noble is still missing.

First responders have resumed the search for missing Braylen Noble. Police said numerous tips continue to come in and the investigation is on-going.

K9s units were again deployed in the Swan Creek area near Gibraltar Heights Drive.

Guess Who

if the pump/filter hasn't been on or working well, it's amazing how dense the haze at the bottom can be. There have been many people found at the bottom of a deep end that couldn't be seen from the top.

Sllywbbt32

I was just searching to see if there's anything new in this case and came across another devastating disappearance. A 2 yr old boy, Rory Pope went missing when his parents were packing the car to head out after visiting with Rory's grandparents. This sweet baby was found in a nearby pond. I'm crying my eyes out.
Prayers to his family.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
if the pump/filter hasn't been on or working well, it's amazing how dense the haze at the bottom can be. There have been many people found at the bottom of a deep end that couldn't be seen from the top.

That's true, didn't think about that.
The pool at my apartment complex isn't very big, but it's been closed/off because of COVID and is pretty cloudy.

GrandmaBear

I was just searching to see if there's anything new in this case and came across another devastating disappearance. A 2 yr old boy, Rory Pope went missing when his parents were packing the car to head out after visiting with Rory's grandparents. This sweet baby was found in a nearby pond. I'm crying my eyes out.
Prayers to his family.
Didn't hear about that case. That's awful. I

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Administrator
Staff member
Large search party searches for missing 3-year-old in Toledo

The search continues for a missing 3-year-old boy from Toledo. Toledo Police say Braylen Noble was reported missing Friday afternoon. His mother told police he was last seen at the Hunter’s Ridge Apartment Complex near Byrne and Airport.

Saturday, the search continued at the apartment complex. By early afternoon, the Toledo Police Department had K9 officers in the woods surrounding the south side of the apartment complex looking for any sign of the child.

A large number of neighbors, family and friends also put together a search party in the areas around the apartments, searching for the 3-year-old boy.

Saturday night around 8:00, one of the search groups reportedly found a tent filled with clothes, a hole and a blanket that volunteers say appeared to have blood on it. The tip was reported and police moved in on the area. At this point, Toledo Police officers are still on the scene, along with Braylen’s mother, who is declining to comment publicly, and many other volunteers.

Police showed the blanket to Braylen’s mother, which was found near the cemetery by the apartments. She told police that she did not recognize it. The items were taken as possible evidence. At this point, it is unclear if they are in any way connected to the case.

1599361487629.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alightforericka