Australia BELINDA PEISLEY: Missing from Katoomba, New South Wales, Australia - 26 September 1998 - Age 19

z2GizwS.jpg

Belinda Peisley disappeared September 26, 1998 from Katoomba, New South Wales, Australia.

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited by a moderator:
A3IxLGW.jpg

Above far right - Cody Peisley and Billy Moffett with their mother's ex-partner Andrew Moffett and her father Mark Wearne / Pic: Justin Lloyd Source: The Daily Telegraph

9GsdHDB.jpg

Belinda Peisley disappeared September 26, 1998 from Katoomba, New South Wales, Australia

She was born on August 23, 1979. Belinda is 170 cm with blue eyes and brown hair.

Age 19.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sons-o ... 6169250892

Sons of missing woman Belinda Peisley appeal for help

• LILLIAN SALEH
• THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
• OCTOBER 18, 2011 12:37PM

The family of missing Katoomba woman Belinda Peisley made a new appeal for information this morning.
Her two sons, Cody Peisley, 16, Billy Moffett, 14, her father William Wearne and ex-partner Andrew Moffett pleaded for anyone with information to come forward.
The brothers were aged just three and one when their mother Belinda Peisley vanished from her Trow Ave, Katoomba home on September 26, 1998.

New cold case clue to missing mum.

Minister for Police, Michael Gallacher, says police have a number of persons of interest, but are asking for the public's assistance with information.

"There were a number of people Belinda associated with prior to her disappearance and we believe that either one or more of them have knowledge about what happened to Belinda," he said.

The appeal comes as the News South Wales State Government today announced a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

Mr Wearne described Belinda as a "good kid", and asked anyone with information to contact crime stoppers or Springwood detectives.

Ms Peisley was 19 when she disappeared and was last seen on September 26, 1998, at her Katoomba home. It is believed she met with foul play.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/missing-mothe ... 2udpx.html

Missing mother Belinda Peisley was most likely murdered, inquest told

September 25, 2013

Paul Bibby

A young Blue Mountains mother who disappeared in suspicious circumstances 15 years ago most likely died as a result of homicide or violence, the Coroners Court has heard, but there is insufficient evidence to charge any of those suspected of involvement.

Belinda Peisley, 19, was last seen leaving Katoomba Hospital, west of Sydney, on September 26, 1998. Her remains have never been found.

At the end of the day, someone hurt Belinda but they're still out there living their life and they've taken hers.

For more than 13 years police attempted to uncover what had happened to the young woman, but found little solid evidence beyond the fact that, shortly before her disappearance, the mother-of-two had inherited a significant amount of money from her great uncle and had developed a heroin addiction.

Cmnsexq.jpg

The home where Belinda Peisley lived before she disappeared in September 1998. Photo: Shane Desiatnik/Blue Mountains Gazzette

But in late 2012, investigators uncovered new information suggesting the young woman may have been the victim of foul play within the group of young people she was spending time with, many of them drug users. An inquest into Ms Peisley's death was initiated and police began searching a large swath of bush land near Blackheath.

The inquest heard that a few days after her death, Ms Peisley's house was broken into by a number of her former friends and acquaintances, who later used her identification cards to sell items at a western Sydney pawn shop.

Two of the 19-year-old's former friends - Jeremy Douglas and Saxon Holdforth - became "persons of interest" at the inquest, with the scrutiny on their activities intensifying.

The inquest received evidence from multiple witnesses suggesting that Ms Peisley had been killed and thrown off one of the Blue Mountains' many cliff edges.

"Some of the things I have heard over the years is that Jeremy, Saxon and Olly [Peisley's former boyfriend Oliver Tipping] took her in a car and bashed her and left her somewhere," Kerren Fittler said in a handwritten statement to police.

"After they've left her they've come back and got her body and done some things to her before or after she was dead and chucked her over the cliff.

"I heard she was killed over drugs or she wouldn't give them what they wanted."

Mr Holdforth and Mr Douglas have steadfastly maintained their innocence at the inquest.

On Wednesday, counsel assisting the inquest, Phillip Strickland, SC, said the evidence relating to the exact manner and cause of the young woman's death was inconclusive, but that it did "point strongly to her death being the result of some sort of homicide or violence".

"Much of the hearing has been directed towards whether these persons of interest had knowledge of or direct involvement in the circumstances surrounding Belinda Peisley's death," he said.

"The evidence regarding these persons is inconclusive and not capable of convincing a jury that a known person committed an indictable offence."

Speaking after the hearing, Ms Peisley's aunt, Sharon Versace said she was "very, very disappointed" that charges would not be laid.

"At the end of the day, someone hurt Belinda but they're still out there living their life and they've taken hers," she said.

"I'll never give up, the detectives have come so far - I'm hoping that one day we'll get some good news. It won't bring Belinda back, but it will be a bit of justice for the family."

Deputy State Coroner Paul McMahon will hand down his formal findings next month.

http://www.news.com.au/national/police- ... 5962311301

Police reopen case of missing 19-year-old Belinda Peisley

NOVEMBER 28, 2010 3:46PM

A YOUNG mum who went missing from her NSW home 12 years ago had inherited a substantial amount of money and her suspicious disappearance may be drug-related, police fear.
Police have reopened the case of 19-year-old Belinda Peisley who was last seen at her Trow Avenue home in Katoomba, west of Sydney, on September 26, 1998.

Ms Peisley had two young sons - aged three and one - at the time.

"Despite significant inquiries, no trace of Belinda has ever emerged, although police are convinced she met with foul play," police said in a statement today.

"Two years before her disappearance, Belinda inherited a substantial amount of money and was able to buy her Trow Ave home outright.

"Police investigations revealed she had begun associating with a number of people involved with illicit drugs in the months before she vanished and have not ruled out Belinda's disappearance may have been drug related.
Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

"Despite significant inquiries, no trace of Belinda has ever emerged, although police are convinced she met with foul play."

Today, Ms Peisley's father Mark Werne appealed for help to find out what happened to his daughter.

"Belinda was only just beginning her life and had two beautiful sons who she loved," Mr Werne said.

"Of course, we would like to hold out some hope but deep down the family has accepted that Belinda is gone.

"But until we know for sure, this will continue to haunt her sons and the rest of my family.

"It is an unimaginably cruel situation for my grandsons who never really got to know their mum.

"For their sake, I would ask anyone who knows what happened to Belinda to contact police and give this family a chance to lay things to rest and have some peace.''

Blue Mountains police local area commander Acting Superintendent Mick Bostock said a female witness - who was one of the last people to see Belinda - returned to the Katoomba house with detectives on Friday to explain what she saw in the hope of triggering new leads in the investigation.

"New witnesses have come forward in recent weeks with fresh information about her last months and we are slowly fitting together a number of pieces to this puzzle," he said in the statement.

"A 37-year-old woman who saw Belinda shortly before she vanished recalls attending the Trow Avenue home and finding it ransacked.

"It is likely Belinda was the victim of a drug-related incident and we are pursuing a number of fresh leads that will, hopefully, shed some light on her fate."

http://www.bluemountainsgazette.com.au/ ... a-peisley/

Inquest begins into disappearance of Belinda Peisley

The police search for Belinda Peisley’s body in Blackheath last week.

A coronial inquest into a Katoomba teenage mum’s disappearance nearly 15 years ago will resume in Katoomba Local Court today

Last Friday police were conducting a ground search in bushland behind a school in Blackheath and were using a cadaver dog to search for Belinda Peisley’s body.

Ms Peisley, 19, had received a large inheritance, attracting new people into her life before she disappeared from the Mountains in September 1998, leaving behind two young sons.

Detective Inspector Grant Taylor said detectives were confident Ms Peisley had been murdered and her body had been disposed of in the area they were searching.

The murder investigation was entering its final stages, he said.

New information given to police in recent months resulted in detectives seizing a maroon 1970 Jaguar from a property on the NSW mid-north coast last week.

Police believe the Jaguar was in the Katoomba area on September 26 and 27, 1998, about the time of Ms Peisley’s disappearance.

Forensic officers are examining the car, which now has a different owner than in 1998.

When the case reopened last year her father Mark Wearne said his daughter’s life was only just beginning when she went missing.

“Of course we would like to hold out some hope but deep down the family has accepted that Belinda is gone,” he said. “But until we know for sure, this will continue to haunt her sons and the rest of my family.

“It is an unimaginably cruel situation for my grandsons who never really got to know their mum.”

Ms Peisley had inherited hundreds of thousands of dollars from an uncle before she disappeared from her Katoomba home, and had also started using drugs and associating with “sleaze bags” around the time of her disappearance, her family said.

A $100,000 reward from the State Government has been offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible for the presumed murder of Ms Peisley.

Mr Wearne, said on Friday that he believed her drug use and the people she was associating with at the time led to her death. But the seizure of the Jaguar had given him hope that he would finally have some closure.

The case was re-opened at the end of 2010 after one of the last people to see Ms Peisley came forward to say she found the house ransacked.

NSW Police Minister, Michael Gallacher, said Ms Peisley’s family deserved answers.

“Regardless of Belinda’s activities, two young boys have been left without a mother,” he said. “There are questions that the Peisley family and Belinda’s two young sons need answered.”

The matter is being heard before Deputy State Coroner Paul MacMahon this week.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregi ... eisley.htm

Name: Belinda Shirley PEISLEY
Sex:Female
Date of Birth:23 Aug 1979
Age Now:26
Age when missing:19
Height (cm):170.0
Build:Thin
Hair Colour:Brown
Eye Colour:Blue/Grey
Complexion:Medium
Nationality:
Racial Appearance:Caucasian
Circumstances - Belinda was last seen in Katoomba on the 26th September 1998.

Disappearance of Belinda Peisley

Police are renewing an appeal for information into the disappearance of a Blue Mountains teenager after the NSW State Government announced an award for information that may help solve the case.

Nineteen-year-old Belinda Peisley was last sighted at her home on Trow Avenue, Katoomba, on 26 September 1998. Officers from Blue Mountains Local Area Command established Strike Force Belonidae to investigate her disappearance.

Blue Mountains Local Area Commander, Acting Superintendent Rob Vellar, says that police attached to the Strike Force have conducted extensive inquiries, but need further public assistance.

“Police have identified a number of persons of interest and followed numerous lines of inquiry.

“Our investigations have revealed that Belinda received a considerable inheritance prior to her death, and that as a result she had many people frequenting her residence.
“She had also developed a significant drug problem and had accumulated considerable debt.

“We believe she met with foul play but need more information from the public to put the pieces of the puzzle together and make a breakthrough,” Acting Superintendent Vellar said.

When Ms Peisley disappeared, she left behind two sons, who are now aged 16 and 14.

In the hope of receiving new information, the NSW State Government has today announced a reward of up to $100,000 for any information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance, and presumed murder, of Belinda Peisley.

Anyone with information that can assist investigators should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Katoomba woman's disappearance reopened

15:03 AEST Sun Nov 28 2010 - Nine MSN

A young mum who went missing from her NSW home 12 years ago had inherited a substantial amount of money and her suspicious disappearance may be drug-related, police fear.

Police have reopened the case of 19-year-old Belinda Peisley who was last seen at her Trow Avenue home in Katoomba, west of Sydney, on September 26, 1998.

Ms Peisley had two young sons - aged three and one - at the time.

"Despite significant inquiries, no trace of Belinda has ever emerged, although police are convinced she met with foul play," police said in a statement on Sunday.

"Two years before her disappearance, Belinda inherited a substantial amount of money and was able to buy her Trow Ave home outright.

"Police investigations revealed she had begun associating with a number of people involved with illicit drugs in the months before she vanished and have not ruled out Belinda's disappearance may have been drug related.

"Despite significant inquiries, no trace of Belinda has ever emerged, although police are convinced she met with foul play."

On Sunday, Ms Peisley's father Mark Werne appealed for help to find out what happened to his daughter.

"Belinda was only just beginning her life and had two beautiful sons who she loved," Mr Werne said.

"Of course, we would like to hold out some hope but deep down the family has accepted that Belinda is gone.

"But until we know for sure, this will continue to haunt her sons and the rest of my family.

"It is an unimaginably cruel situation for my grandsons who never really got to know their mum.

"For their sake, I would ask anyone who knows what happened to Belinda to contact police and give this family a chance to lay things to rest and have some peace."

Blue Mountains police local area commander Acting Superintendent Mick Bostock said a female witness - who was one of the last people to see Belinda - returned to the Katoomba house with detectives on Friday (November 26) to explain what she saw in the hope of triggering new leads in the investigation.

"New witnesses have come forward in recent weeks with fresh information about her last months and we are slowly fitting together a number of pieces to this puzzle," he said in the statement.

"A 37-year-old woman who saw Belinda shortly before she vanished recalls attending the Trow Avenue home and finding it ransacked.

"It is likely Belinda was the victim of a drug-related incident and we are pursuing a number of fresh leads that will, hopefully, shed some light on her fate."

On September 26, 1998, nineteen-year-old Belinda Peisley was last seen at her 22 Trow Avenue home, in Katoomba, and leaving Blue Mountains Hospital. Katoomba is west of Sydney. Investigators have revealed that Belinda received a considerable inheritance from a great uncle prior to her death, and she had many people frequenting her home. She had developed a heroin addiction and she had accumulated considerable debt. A witness who saw Belinda shortly before she vanished recalls seeing the Trow Avenue home ransacked. When Belinda disappeared, she left behind two sons.

JHz7kTi.jpg

B6rLK87.jpg

5s5VJf4.jpg

Blue Mountains Hospital in Katoomba

TKg47sA.jpg

sMkR5BL.png

belinda15.jpg (32.04KiB)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-07/i ... e/10071544

Teenage mother's mysterious disappearance among almost 500 cold cases to be reopened
By Alana Callus and Emma Lancaster
Updated about 11 hours ago

7mhflsM.jpg

HOTO: Belinda Peisley was last seen in Katoomba in September 1998. (Supplied)
It has been nearly 20 years since Belinda Peisley, a young mother from Katoomba just west of Sydney, disappeared after leaving a local hospital on the evening of September 26, 1998.
Her youngest son, Billy Moffett, now 21 years of age, has chosen to speak out for the first time since his mother's mysterious disappearance.
"I never talk about this, I always just push it back because it's easier," said Mr Moffett.
Mr Moffett was one year old when his mother disappeared. He said he had no memory of her, and was only coming to know her through photos and stories he had been told.
"When I was a bit younger I used to imagine what she was like, but I've stopped doing that because every time I did it just looped around to me being sad," he said.
Ms Peisley was 19 years old when she vanished and has not been seen or heard from by family or friends since that night.
Shortly before she went missing, she had inherited a large sum of money from a distant relative which she used to purchase a house in the Blue Mountains for herself and two young sons, aged three and one at the time.
Mr Moffett said the loss of his mother became more difficult as he grew older.
"When I was younger I didn't really know anything was wrong … then when I was about eight years old I found an old sleeping bag of hers with the phone number on [it]; for a while I thought I could just ring the number and she'd answer.
"It's just been really hard not knowing what happened to her."
Unsolved Homicide Unit to tackle almost 500 cold cases
Ms Peisley has been missing for two decades, but her remains have never been found.
Her father Mark Wearne said he believed she was murdered.
"I believe there was foul play involved right from the start," he said.
Despite his belief, it took nearly 14 years for a coronial inquest to investigate Ms Peisley's disappearance.
The coronial inquest into Ms Peisley's death recommended that the investigation be referred to the New South Wales Unsolved Homicide Unit.
In May 2018, the New South Wales Police announced almost 500 cold case investigations would be reopened by the Unsolved Homicide Unit from the past four decades, including Ms Peisley's case.
Ms Peisley's family still believe they will one day figure out what really happened to her, and struggle to live with not knowing what led to her suspected death.
"It doesn't get any easier; time doesn't heal any wounds," said Sharon Versace, Ms Peisley's aunt.
"In fact, I think it gets worse."
A new ABC documentary, Who Killed Belinda Peisley?, follows the inquest into Ms Peisley's disappearance. It airs Tuesday August 7 at 9:30pm on ABC during National Missing Persons Week.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-03/ ... h/10576098

Belinda Peisley investigation returns to young mum's former Blue Mountains home

Police have launched a forensic excavation at a home in Katoomba, west of Sydney, looking to find the remains of a young mother of two who went missing more than 20 years ago.

Belinda Peisley, then aged 19, was last seen leaving the Blue Mountains Hospital in Katoomba on September 26, 1998. Her boyfriend and mother reported her missing a few days later but she has not been seen since.

The excavation at Peisley's former home is expected to last until Wednesday. $100,000 reward, first launched in 2011, remains in place for information about her disappearance and presumed murder. Her case was reopened in May 2018 and interest into her disappearance was renewed after a five-part ABC documentary series aired earlier this year. The NSW Coroner's Court in 2013 found she died on or around September 26, 1998, but did not make a finding on the cause or manner of her death. Shortly before she went missing, Peisley had inherited a large sum of money from a distant relative which she used to purchase a house in the Blue Mountains for herself and two young sons, then aged three and one. Police said they were exploring "foul play" when they launched the $100,000 reward in 2011.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-04/ ... t/10580092

Belinda Peisley search turns up dress, undergarments buried under Blue Mountains home
By police reporter Mark Reddie and Gina McKeon
Updated December 04, 2018 14:13:44

A woman's dress and underwear found buried under a Blue Mountains home are being forensically examined as part of the investigation into the suspected murder of a young mother more than 20 years ago.
Key points:
  • A three-day search of Ms Peisley's home began on Monday
  • The mother-of-two has not been seen since 1998
  • DNA testing will be carried out on the undergarments, which police say are consistent with Ms Peisley's size
New South Wales Police found the clothing while digging underneath the former home of Belinda Peisley, who was last seen leaving Katoomba Hospital in September 1998.
Leading up to her disappearance, Ms Peisley had inherited a significant amount of money from a distant relative, told family she was fearing for her life, and became involved in the local drug community.
The clothing was found hidden deep in soil under the Trow Avenue property yesterday afternoon.

Ms Peisley's father, Mark Wearne, said it appears that the clothing was buried in a less accessible area under the house.
"It seems highly unusual to have clothing buried under the house like that," he said.
"I feel optimistic and it is progress, but it remains to be seen what the forensic testing results will be."

Investigators believe the clothing matches the size worn by the 19-year-old, but said it is still too early to claim any sort of breakthrough in the cold case.
Detective Chief Inspector Grant Taylor said the items will be taken to police laboratories for forensic examination.
"We will await the results of the forensic analysis, which includes DNA testing, to determine whether new lines of inquiry can be explored," he said.
"While we remain focused on the excavation under the house, we are renewing our appeal to the community for information that may assist our investigation."
The disappearance of Belinda Peisley is the focus of Unravel season three, Last Seen Katoomba, coming in February 2019.
Topics: crime, law-crime-and-justice, murder-and-manslaughter, sydney-2000
First posted December 04, 2018 09:52:17

https://www.pedestrian.tv/podcast/unrav ... a-podcast/
https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/truecrime/

Belinda Peisley is the subject of a ABC podcast. They are going to be dedicating an entire season to her case, and the investigative reporter is going to be going over the entire case file. The search for Belinda's remains at her house the other month appears to have come up empty. They only found a couple articles of her clothing.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-02-11/ ... s/10612166

Missing persons expert slams investigation of young mother's suspected homicide

10563294-3x2-700x467.png

Belinda with her son, Billy.

Police investigating the disappearance of 19-year-old Belinda Peisley in 1998 mishandled the case and missed a critical window of opportunity to gather evidence into her suspected homicide, a former NSW Police officer and missing persons expert says.

Karen Karakaya worked as a police officer in the NSW Coronial Support Unit and Missing Persons Unit in the late 1990s, during the time the young mother vanished from Katoomba in the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney. Ms Karakaya told the ABC's true crime podcast investigating the disappearance of Ms Peisley, Unravel, it was "surprising" NSW police marked Ms Peisley's missing person's report as needing "no further investigation" just four days after it was officially made.

"You would not expect to see 'no further investigation' on something that required investigation," Ms Karakaya told Unravel. "Those first few days and weeks are really critical to the investigation … It's a shame that this has happened."

Police failed to test blood at Belinda Peisley's home

Prior to the missing person's report about Ms Peisley's disappearance being filed, two NSW Police officers and two detectives had attended the 19-year-old's home at Trow Avenue in Katoomba. It was three days after Ms Peisley was last seen alive. A government caseworker who had been helping Ms Peisley had alerted police because she was concerned about the young mother's welfare. In a report documenting their attendance at Ms Peisley's home that day, police officers described Ms Peisley as an "illicit drug user".

One attending officer later stated they remembered seeing what appeared to be blood in the bathroom — about "the size of an adult handful" — but this was not tested or collected for a sample. Phil Strickland, the counsel assisting the coroner at the inquest into Ms Peisley's disappearance and suspected death, said the initial police investigation was "inadequate".

"The police never treated this as a potential homicide," Mr Strickland said. "They treated this as a junkie who had gone missing, and so the police didn't do any proper forensic sampling, particularly of blood samples that were in Belinda's house, and they didn't interview a number of critical witnesses.

"It is known that it is the first part of the investigation [that] is the critical one, and if you don't do that right, then it's often very hard to pick up the pieces later."

At the conclusion of the inquest into Ms Peisley's suspected death, coroner Paul McMahon recommended that standard operating procedures in missing persons cases be changed if a missing person was deemed to be of high or very high risk of having been the victim of a homicide or suspicious death the Homicide Squad is immediately advised.

Mr McMahon also recommended that the Homicide Squad should, if it considers it appropriate, lead the investigation in the first 72 hours. It was also recommended that the investigation into Ms Peisley's suspected death be referred to the NSW Police Unsolved Homicide Unit.

Ms Peisley's suspected homicide was one of 500 cold cases to be re-examined by the NSW Police's Unsolved Homicide Squad last year, and in December 2018 a forensic excavation of Ms Peisley's home uncovered three pieces of clothing and underwear that are being forensically tested.

Key dates in the Belinda Peisley case

September 1997
Ms Peisley inherited about $150,000 from a relative.
March 1998
  • Ms Peisley bought a house on Trow Avenue in Katoomba for about $118,000. She moved in with her three-year-old son, Cody. Her other son Billy lived with his father in Sydney.
  • Over the course of the next few months, the house became like a "drop-in centre" for the local drug community, according to evidence given at the coronial inquest into Ms Peisley's disappearance. Her heroin use also increased over this time.
July 1998
  • Ms Peisley began a new relationship with Jason (whose name has been changed for legal reasons). By this time, she had spent almost the entirety of her inheritance.
September 26 1998
  • This is the last day Ms Peisley is known to have been alive.
  • Ms Peisley attended a gathering in Katoomba where she was punched in the face by an acquaintance.
  • After the altercation, Ms Peisley allegedly got a taxi home with her boyfriend, Jason (whose name has been changed for legal reasons). He said they had an argument at her house and she smashed mirrors and windows.
  • Jason left to allegedly stay at a friend's house. This friend remembered Jason coming over that night, but not staying over.
  • Ms Peisley's neighbour called the police after hearing yelling and things smashing. Police arrived at Ms Peisley's house and found her intoxicated and alone. They took her to a hospital in Katoomba where she was triaged by a nurse. She had a cut on her right hand.
  • Ms Peisley left the hospital at about 8:50pm before a doctor saw her. This was the last reported sighting of her alive.
  • At about 10:30pm, Ms Peisley called her mother, Lesley, and asked her to bring her son, Cody, to her home at Trow Avenue (Cody was staying with Lesley). Lesley said it was too late and they would come in the morning.
September 27 1998
  • Heidi Wailes said after she heard about her friend Ms Peisley being punched, she went to her house to see how she was, but no-one was home. Ms Wailes said she went inside the house to look for Ms Peisley and found her bag, with her wallet inside, squashed down the back of the couch. Ms Wailes did not make an official report to police about this until a considerable time later.
  • Jason (whose name has been changed for legal reasons) went to the NRL Grand Final in Sydney with several people.
September 28 1998
  • Jason returned to Ms Peisley's house in the morning and found the front door open and windows smashed. He looked around for Ms Peisley but she wasn't there. He said he found her keycard and Medicare card, and he took them. He waited for her for a couple of hours, then left.
  • A Department of Community Services (DoCS) worker went to Ms Peisley's home to visit her. She saw windows were smashed, and there was no answer at the door.
  • A note on the police reporting system said Jason had informed police Ms Peisley had gone "berserk" at her house on September 26, smashing property and windows and throwing him out. The note also said Ms Peisley had not been seen at the house for two days and her current whereabouts were unknown.
September 29 1998
  • The DoCS worker returned to Ms Peisley home to ascertain her whereabouts but nobody was there. The worker notified police about her concerns for Ms Peisley's welfare.
  • Police attend Ms Peisley's home and made a forced entry into the property. One officer who attended later remembered seeing what appeared to be blood in the bathroom.
October 6 1998
  • Ms Peisley's mother officially reported her as missing to police. A photograph of Ms Peisley was collected by police and posted on an information board in Katoomba.
October 10 1998
  • Police marked Ms Peisley's missing person's report with a clear-up status of "No further investigation".
4 November 1998
  • Police were informed of activity in Ms Peisley's bank account and the possibility that Jason (whose name has been changed for legal reasons) was the person accessing it.
16 November 1998
  • Police took their first formal statement from Jason regarding Ms Peisley's disappearance. Jason admitted to using her keycard to withdraw money from her account, but said she owed him money.
8 October 2012
  • The inquest into the disappearance and suspected death of Ms Peisley began at the NSW State Coroner's Court in Katoomba. The inquest continued over 15 days in 2012 and 2013 at Katoomba Local Court, Parramatta Local Court and the NSW State Coroner's Court in Glebe.
11 October 2013
  • NSW deputy state coroner Paul McMahon determined Ms Peisley died on or about 26 September 1998 in or around Katoomba, and her death was more likely than not the consequence of the action of a third party. The coroner was unable to make a finding as to the cause and manner of her death.
  • At the conclusion of the inquest, Mr McMahon found it was unlikely Jason (whose name has been changed for legal reasons) was involved in Ms Peisley's disappearance and suspected death. As to whether Ms Wailes had any direct knowledge of and/or involvement, the coroner said the evidence was inconclusive.
3 December 2018
Police conducted a forensic dig at Ms Peisley's Katoomba home and found three pieces of clothing that are being tested for DNA.
Edit

Feb 12, 2019#34
Ex-boyfriend of teenager who mysteriously vanished in the Blue Mountains was heard referring to her as a 'dead chick' in intercepted phone call

The former boyfriend of a teenage girl who mysteriously vanished more than 20 years ago has been heard referring to her as a 'dead chick' in an unearthed recording.

The ex-boyfriend of Belinda Peisley, who vanished from her home in Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains in 1998, is thought to be chatting to his mother in the intercepted phone call.

A summary of the tapped phone was presented to an inquest into Ms Peisley's death in 2012 and 2013, and it's believed the conversation in question took place at some point in 2011.

In the conversation, obtained by Unravel, the ex-boyfriend, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is thought to be talking about his brother.

'If he says something silly about the dead chick from Sydney he'll sink me,' he said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e ... -call.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back