MI AUNDRIA BOWMAN: Missing from Holland, MI - 11 March 1989 - Age 14 *Found Deceased**NO CONTEST PLEA*

1602109753375.png

If you're not familiar with Aundria Bowman's case, you can see her Facebook page Find Aundria M Bowman that her bio mother Cathy runs. I'll add more when I have more time.

Aundria's (birth name Alexis M Badger) adoptive father Dennis Bowman was arrested in November for the 1980 rape and brutal murder of a lady named Kathleen Doyle, 25, in Norfolk, Virginia.

Allegan Co. man admitted killing girl in 1989, mom says- by: WOODTV.com staff - Posted: Feb 5, 2020 / 12:48 PM EST / Updated: Feb 5, 2020 / 01:50 PM EST

ALLEGAN, Mich. (WOOD) — An Allegan County man has confessed to killing his adopted daughter 30 years ago, the girl’s mother told News 8.

Aundria Bowman, 14, vanished from her Hamilton Township home March 11, 1989. Aundria’s biological mother Cathy Terkanian had always suspected Aundria’s adoptive father Dennis Bowman was behind hit.

Authorities are conducting a search at Dennis Bowman’s home on 136th Avenue near Hamilton.

The Allegan County Sheriff’s Office will be hosting a press conference at 5:30 p.m. today in reference to the case

edited by staff to add media link

Last edited by a moderator:
ALLEGAN, Mich. (WOOD) — The man heading to trial in the murder of his daughter three decades ago has admitted to another horrific crime, which could be among his first in decades of suspected crimes against women.

Police told News 8 that Dennis Bowman confessed to a rape and assault incident in 1979. The victim was a 27-year-old woman from Holland.

The headline from 1979 reads, “Man sought in assault” in October of that year. The Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office was looking for a young man who raped and assaulted a Holland Township woman in her home. The description of the suspect was a white male between 25 and 30 years old with sandy hair and wire-rimmed glasses.

More than 40 years later, Dennis Bowman admitted to police that he “did bad things to her.”

The home was located near James Street and Butternut Drive. Bowman was living at a mobile home park just down the street. The reports from the time said the 27-year-old woman was bound and gagged before being sexually assaulted.

From the link ^^^

This pervert/killer is a serial predator! I have to wonder if there were any signs of this when they were going through the adoption process?

ALLEGAN, Mich. (WOOD) — The man heading to trial in the murder of his daughter three decades ago has admitted to another horrific crime, which could be among his first in decades of suspected crimes against women.

Police told News 8 that Dennis Bowman confessed to a rape and assault incident in 1979. The victim was a 27-year-old woman from Holland.

The headline from 1979 reads, “Man sought in assault” in October of that year. The Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office was looking for a young man who raped and assaulted a Holland Township woman in her home. The description of the suspect was a white male between 25 and 30 years old with sandy hair and wire-rimmed glasses.

More than 40 years later, Dennis Bowman admitted to police that he “did bad things to her.”

The home was located near James Street and Butternut Drive. Bowman was living at a mobile home park just down the street. The reports from the time said the 27-year-old woman was bound and gagged before being sexually assaulted.

From the link ^^^

This pervert/killer is a serial predator! I have to wonder if there were any signs of this when they were going through the adoption process?
And the adoptive mother. REALLY?. She went missing. He buries her on the property and pours concrete over her.

From the link ^^^

Sometimes they adopt to abuse which is so sick. IDR But I am sure he sexually abused her as well. I can't see someone like him not.

Sometimes they adopt to abuse which is so sick. IDR But I am sure he sexually abused her as well. I can't see someone like him not.
I tend to lean that way as well. Just basing it on his other crimes involving sex and that he had no love for her is obvious.

Took her remains to another property too. He got off on that IMO. Control of only he knew where she was. It's just horrific.

Judge recuses himself in Dennis Bowman case​

The judge assigned to oversee the trial of Dennis Bowman, accused of the murder of his adopted daughter Aundria 30 years ago, has recused himself because of his past involvement in the case as a prosecutor.

Neither side objected in court to Kengis' decision to recuse himself. The case will be reassigned to Judge Margaret Bakker.

Judge recuses himself in Dennis Bowman case​

The judge assigned to oversee the trial of Dennis Bowman, accused of the murder of his adopted daughter Aundria 30 years ago, has recused himself because of his past involvement in the case as a prosecutor.

Neither side objected in court to Kengis' decision to recuse himself. The case will be reassigned to Judge Margaret Bakker.
That makes sense.

Hamilton murder suspect calls for new judge​

Attorneys for a Hamilton man accused of the cold case murder of his adoptive daughter argued Tuesday he should get a new judge.

Bowman's lawyers said Judge Margaret Bakker should not oversee his trial because of her involvement in the case as an assistant prosecuting attorney in the Allegan County Prosecutor's Office in 1989, when Aundria was reported as a runaway.

Richard Catalino, Bowman's lead defense attorney, said he found a reference to Bakker's involvement in a note on a police report.

As a staff attorney in the prosecutor's office, she signed off on a search warrant as part of the process for Aundria after Bowman reported her missing, according to Catalino.

Trial date set for Allegan County man accused of killing his adopted daughter in 1989​

A trial date has been set for the man accused of killing his adopted daughter more than 30 years ago in Allegan County.

Court records show Dennis Bowman is set to face a jury starting in January 2022.

Trial date set for Allegan County man accused of killing his adopted daughter in 1989​

A trial date has been set for the man accused of killing his adopted daughter more than 30 years ago in Allegan County.

Court records show Dennis Bowman is set to face a jury starting in January 2022.
I thought he led them to her body? Why is he having a trial? I don’t know why I thought he already pled in this case.

'He finally told the truth': Man pleads no contest to murdering adoptive daughter in 1989​

A West Michigan man has pleaded no contest to murdering his adoptive daughter more than 30 years ago.

Wednesday morning, Dennis Bowman pleaded no contest to second-degree murder in the death of 14-year-old Aundria in Allegan County Circuit Court.

“We’re moving forward with a plea today… is that correct," asked Judge Margaret Bakker at the start of Bowman's hearing on Wednesday.

"Yes, your honor," he replied, looking much different than he did when initially charged in the case.

Dennis Lee Bowman has long denied any involvement in the disappearance of his adopted daughter, Aundria Bowmn, in 1989.

On Tuesday, he finally accepted legal responsibility for her death.

“Dennis Lee Bowman will be pleading no contest to murder in the 2nd degree, as an habitual offender 2nd offense notice. That is a felony level charge, and a life offense,” a prosecutor said in court.

A no contest plea means the person accepts the punishment for a crime but does not admit guilt.

Bowman is scheduled to be sentenced on February 7, 2022.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back