Canada APRIL PARISIAN: Missing from Spuzzum, BC - 7 April 2020 - Age 45

Family issue urgent appeal to locate woman missing from Hope area

1587231576154.png

Family of April Lee-Ann Christine Parisian are appealing for the public to help locate her.

A resident of the small Fraser Canyon community of Spuzzum, Parisian was last seen in the community April 7 or 8 police stated. She was last seen wearing a white blouse and blue jeans said her cousin Tammy Francis.

Parisian, who is 45 years old, was self-isolating in her home Francis said. In general, Parisian is very much a homebody and wouldn’t venture out without coming right back home her cousin said. She is known to do her shopping in Chilliwack.

“This is devastating for us because this is not her, it’s not normal,” Francis said. “They said it’s been over seven days since anyone has heard from her, even her neighbours haven’t seen her.”

Parisian’s last Facebook post was on March 28, Francis said, and the last activity in her bank account was April 5.

She drives a red Ford truck with a camper canopy, the truck is an older model family said. Although family believe Parisian’s boyfriend is in possession of the vehicle, not her.

She was reported missing to police Wednesday, April 15. Hope RCMP Staff Sergeant Karol Rehdner said there are a lot of moving parts to this investigation, but the focus is on the safe return of Parisian.

Media - https://www.crimewatchers.net/media...rom-spuzzum-bc-since-7-april-2020-age-45.432/

Last edited:

Police say man killed himself after being found in missing woman's camper

The search for a missing B.C. woman took an alarming turn this week after police found her camper in the Fraser Valley with a man inside.

The RCMP said the camper and a truck, both registered to April Lee-Ann Christine Parisian, were discovered near the border between Abbotsford and Chilliwack on Thursday evening.

The missing 45-year-old wasn't there, but police did find a man inside the camper. Officers had what the RCMP described as a "short dialogue" with him, but said he eventually stopped responding to them.

"They ultimately located the man inside with what is believed to be a self-inflicted wound," the B.C. RCMP said in a news release. "The police officers called (Emergency Health Services) and provided medical assistance, but the man later died."

The RCMP said it has also called in the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team to take over the investigation into Parisian's disappearance.

"While April's vehicle has been located, her whereabouts is still unknown," the RCMP said, adding that anyone with information on what happened to her should contact IHIT directly.

It's unclear whether there was any sign Parisian was a victim of foul play, or whether she had any connection to the man found at the scene. The RCMP directed question from CTV News to IHIT, which has not responded to a request for more information sent Friday evening.

Parisian is from the small community of Spuzzum, located just north of Hope, and was last seen by a family member on Tuesday or Wednesday of last week.

Emotional appeal from family after missing woman case takes disturbing turn

A Fraser Valley family is desperate to find a missing woman and is making an emotional plea to the public for help.

The investigation into April Parisian’s disappearance took a disturbing turn after her truck and camper were found with a man inside who later died of an apparent self-inflicted wound.

“April may have met with foul play and that is why IHIT is involved,” said Sgt. Frank Jang of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team.

April’s cousin, Tammy Francis, says the family is doing all they can to bring the 45-year-old missing woman home.

“I’m trying not to…break down. Trying to hold strong for her,” said an emotional Tammy on Tuesday.

The family says no one has heard from the Spuzzum, B.C. woman since April 5, and her last post on social media was on March 28 - something her sister said is out of character for her.

“She liked to do Facebook, she liked to check in with people,” Tammy said in an interview with CTV News.

Tammy says her family began to worry after her aunt received a phone call from April’s boyfriend, Paris Margesson.

“He said I still can’t find April, did she come to your house? My aunt got extremely worried. She said OK, I’m going to call the police,” Tammy explained.

Homicide team searches for missing Spuzzum, B.C., woman who ‘may have met with foul play’

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) is searching for information about a missing Spuzzum, B.C., woman.

April Parisian, 45, was last heard from on March 28 and IHIT says she “may have met with foul play.”

Investigators now confirm that man was Parisian’s boyfriend, Paris Margesson. Parisian has not been found and IHIT would like to speak with anyone who may have seen her, Margesson, Parisian’s brown pug or her red Chevy pickup and camper since March 28.

“I understand there is a concerned group of April’s friends and family who are anxiously waiting for an update on her whereabouts and we are doing all we can to find answers,” IHIT Sgt. Frank Jang said in a news release. “Please remember that every small bit of information is important.”

Investigators are working to assemble a timeline of Parisian’s whereabouts since March 28.

Anyone who has seen her or her 1998 Chevrolet 2500 with B.C. licence plate MX8 810 is asked to contact IHIT at 1-877-551- IHIT (4448) or ihitinfo@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.

1587576875257.png

Emotional appeal from family after missing woman case takes disturbing turn

A Fraser Valley family is desperate to find a missing woman and is making an emotional plea to the public for help.

The investigation into April Parisian’s disappearance took a disturbing turn after her truck and camper were found with a man inside who later died of an apparent self-inflicted wound.

“April may have met with foul play and that is why IHIT is involved,” said Sgt. Frank Jang of the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team.

April’s cousin, Tammy Francis, says the family is doing all they can to bring the 45-year-old missing woman home.

“I’m trying not to…break down. Trying to hold strong for her,” said an emotional Tammy on Tuesday.

The family says no one has heard from the Spuzzum, B.C. woman since April 5, and her last post on social media was on March 28 - something her sister said is out of character for her.

“She liked to do Facebook, she liked to check in with people,” Tammy said in an interview with CTV News.

Tammy says her family began to worry after her aunt received a phone call from April’s boyfriend, Paris Margesson.

“He said I still can’t find April, did she come to your house? My aunt got extremely worried. She said OK, I’m going to call the police,” Tammy explained.
So, before he died from his gunshot wound, he called the family to say she was missing?

Yeah, this is NOT good at all.

PHOTOS: Searchers go into Spuzzum backcountry to look for April Parisian

Guided by a vision she had shortly before April Parisian was reported missing, her aunt Carmel Crowchild led a group of searchers experienced in the Fraser Canyon backcountry Sunday.

After Sunday’s search, the family said they will continue to search for their loved one.

After Sunday’s search, April’s cousin Tammy Francis said the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT) will now be called up to the area where searching was done. IHIT are leading of the investigation into Parisian’s disappearance.

1588803531423.png

Reporter’s view: Keep your eyes open, a family in your community depends on it

Tammy Francis says she will never look at a missing persons poster the same way again.

Her cousin April Parisian, a resident of Spuzzum and a well-known face around Hope, has been missing since early this month. With family organizing searches daily, Tammy said the missing persons poster and its meaning has never felt more real, or heartbreaking.

“We are feeling in our hearts that we know we’re bringing a body home. But it’s just getting that help to find that body,” she said. Without finding her cousin, April will always be a missing person and there will never be closure.

“Living with that horror is just, it’s really unbearable, of just not knowing,” Tammy said, her voice filled with tears.

While heartbreak and tears are there, so is the resolve to act. Family are searching daily, most recently searching areas in Spuzzum First Nation territory where hunters, trappers and off-roaders frequent.

Several Hope and down-Valley residents showed up to search in the bush Sunday. Chilliwack resident Nick Adams said he didn’t think twice about using his experience in the bush to search. It’s what he would want his community to do if these tragic roles were ever reversed.

And Tammy is asking everyone to be vigilant. Whether you decide to look extra carefully on the side of the road while driving by, this could mean the difference in bringing their loved one home.

Family and police have confirmed that a man romantically involved with April Parisian, who has been missing for over a month, died of what police believe to be a self-inflicted wound inside a vehicle belonging to her.

According to Margesson’s Facebook page, the two were engaged Oct. 1, 2018 and while family members have said the two were very much in love, there appeared to be a darker side to their relationship.

Francis said she witnessed a fight between the two at the funeral of a family member in 2019. Francis said she saw Parisian bleeding from a head wound and heard her yelling at Margesson that he had hit her with a belt. On another occasion, family wondered where Parisian had gotten a wound to her eye.

Francis was also told about Parisian’s partner constantly being present when she met with a family member, which also raised concerns.

No domestic charges are apparent on Margesson’s criminal record, which dates back to 1998. Alongside motor vehicle offences and administration of justice charges, such as breach of probation, he has faced charges including uttering threats to cause bodily harm and assault.

More recently, Margesson was charged with two counts of assault and one count of uttering threats to cause bodily harm. The offences allegedly happened in Spuzzum on August 16, 2019.

1589225874753.png

Family and police have confirmed that a man romantically involved with April Parisian, who has been missing for over a month, died of what police believe to be a self-inflicted wound inside a vehicle belonging to her.

According to Margesson’s Facebook page, the two were engaged Oct. 1, 2018 and while family members have said the two were very much in love, there appeared to be a darker side to their relationship.

Francis said she witnessed a fight between the two at the funeral of a family member in 2019. Francis said she saw Parisian bleeding from a head wound and heard her yelling at Margesson that he had hit her with a belt. On another occasion, family wondered where Parisian had gotten a wound to her eye.

Francis was also told about Parisian’s partner constantly being present when she met with a family member, which also raised concerns.

No domestic charges are apparent on Margesson’s criminal record, which dates back to 1998. Alongside motor vehicle offences and administration of justice charges, such as breach of probation, he has faced charges including uttering threats to cause bodily harm and assault.

More recently, Margesson was charged with two counts of assault and one count of uttering threats to cause bodily harm. The offences allegedly happened in Spuzzum on August 16, 2019.

View attachment 3505
I'm afraid this won't end well. Wish the truck/camper had GPS (I assume that's been checked).

Family of missing woman holds emotional vigil in Hope, B.C.

It's now been seven weeks since anyone has heard from April Parisian, but at a vigil Saturday in Hope, B.C. the missing woman's friends and family gathered to affirm their commitment to keep searching.

"It's hard for me to talk about her because I love her so much. She's my baby," said Keitha Parisian, April's grandmother.

At the vigil in Hope, Lee Ann Nett, April's sister-in-law, said the search has become more challenging as time has gone on and search parties have now looked in most of the places identified.

"I have really given my full self to finding April and every day coming up empty-handed has been the most difficult thing I've ever faced," Nett said.

21635416_web_200528-HSL-VigilInPhotos-Batch1_1.jpg

The Women’s Warrior song rang out across the rainy, desolate grounds of Hope’s Memorial Park Saturday. Desolate, save for a group of over 50 people who held red, white and blue candles with flames lit in the waning evening light.

‘Your mind and your spirit just naturally are looking’: Search for April Parisian enters sixth month

When Leeann Nett and her partner Chad Hall go camping, and that is often, they find themselves scouring the surrounding brush looking for anything that might lead them to the whereabouts of April Parisian.

“We’ll wake up in the morning, have our coffee and go for a walk around the campsite,” she said. “And then you go off in the little trails, your mind and your spirit just naturally are looking on the ground and constantly looking even though you’re not even in the right area. There’s no way that they could be in that area but you automatically look, it’s impossible not to.”

What Nett and Hall are looking for is any trace of Parisian, Hall’s sister who has been missing since early April. It’s a reality only those whose family members are missing will experience, and it’s constant Nett said.

It is coming up on the sixth month since Parisian, then 45-years-old, went missing from the Fraser Canyon community of Spuzzum. Family last heard from her on April 5, which was also the date of her last bank transaction, with no word from her since.

“There’s nothing to suggest that she’s left the immediate area and her community,” Jang said. “So our efforts are still concentrated in that vicinity.” Even with this narrowed down area, there is still a lot of bush and the area is still a large one Jang said.

A core team of eight to nine IHIT members are working on the investigation, with help from detachments surrounding the Fraser Canyon including Boston Bar, Hope and the regional Upper Fraser Valley Detachment. Without going into the specific case, Jang said an investigation like this involves speaking with family members and friends, reviewing phone and bank records and watching, in real-time, many hours of video surveillance.

“There’s significant video and because we don’t have a starting point, i.e. the body, the crime scene, the final resting place of April…our net is cast very wide right now,” Jang said.

The key suspect in the case is Margesson, Jang confirmed, adding that no other name has come up when asked whether others could be involved.

“April is still missing…we’re still hopeful, but at the same time we would certainly appreciate if anybody has information to call our tip line,” Jang said.

My phone has a function on it where I can use it to search back places that I've been hearing this comes in handy for tax purposes because I travel a lot for my second job. I wonder if hers has that? Even if she didn't have her phone on her that last day, they could check back and see what kind of camping areas the two of them liked to go to.

It has been one year since anyone has seen or heard from April. We plea for the public’s help to donate money, resources and help us fundraise in order to assist us in the search for April. We are working towards installing billboards in areas April was known to frequent in the Fraser Valley and major highways. We have raised funds to pay for the billboards but need help with the construction costs and labor. We would also like to raise funds to be able to offer a cash reward to anyone who aids in the direct result of bringing April home. Please help us bring home our Sister, Daughter, Mother and dear friend. She is deeply missed by so many.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is being asked to call: Hope RCMP File # 2020-533

Search For April Parisian, Missing Since March 2020, Continues​

April Lee-Ann Parisian is a 45 year old Indigenous woman who has been missing since March 2020.

Since then the search continues for some type of closure. Since her disappearance, BC has seen record heat and rain as well as wildfires.

The family will not give up the search.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little frustrated. It seems that since April has been missing there is a competing disaster that gets the media. Chad Hall arranged a “crew” to put up April’s billboard, full size I am adding in the storm that left many stranded and facing another evacuation. I am not saying that is not sad I am just saying I wish the media would cover something. Chad was trapped in Hope for days along with many others. One thing I thought was that April wanted to spend time with her bro
❤️
THANK YOU Chad for who you are and to Leanne who I am sure was a little bit more than worried. Bravo and lots of love to everyone here who supported with prayers, donations and good ol’ hard work.
💕
We will find something one day. Sigh….

April-Parisian-3-Billboard.jpg

Tears flowed at Red Dress Day event in Chilliwack as missing woman April Parisian’s cousin spoke​

April Parisian’s face on a banner at Ann Davis Transition Society’s Red Dress Day event on Friday (May 5) helped make the gathering sombre and more real.

Parisian went missing from her community of Spuzzum in April of 2020. Her boyfriend was found dead of a self-inflicted wound inside a vehicle belonging to her on a road between Chilliwack and Abbotsford a month later.

A couple dozen people gathered in the parking lot at Ann Davis to create a sea of red to mark Red Dress Day and missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls (MMIWG).

There was guest speakers, drumming, a jingle dancer, an open mic, and a visual display on MMIWG.

One of those speakers was Dee Eashappie who is Parisian’s cousin and was visiting from Saskatchewan. Eashappie was moved to tears talking about how Parisian had become one of the MMIWG.

On April 21, 2020, five days after police located Parisian’s truck and camper with her dead booyfriend inside, an IHIT spokesperson stated they believed she “may have met with foul play.”

She has still not been found.

A banner held the information of where she was last seen, a description, and that anyone with information or tips is asked to contact the RCMP or Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).

Bringing April home: B.C. family’s search for missing sister continues​

April Lee-Ann Parisian is still missing. Hope that she will ever be found alive has faded.

But her siblings — Laura, Chad, and Jeremy Hall — say they haven’t given up on finding and bringing her home.

“At this point we know she’s no longer with us,” Chad said. “Her spirit is soaring around there somewhere. And at this point, we just need to continue our investigations and try to bring her home.

“We just want to bring her home, as much as we can.”

Nearly four years have passed since Parisian, from Spuzzum First Nation was last seen on Silver Skagit Road in Hope. The last time her family heard from her was on April 5, 2020.

Recently, Parisian’s family thought they’d gotten the “big break in the case” in the unfortunate news of a body. Remains of a Canadian had been found on the American side of Ross Lake on Oct. 12.

It was brought to their attention in the beginning of January through posts on the Search for April Facebook group. That post led Laura to a post by Chris Johnson on the PNW Fly Fishing Facebook group; while at the Ross Lake resort, his nephew had found human remains in a suitcase found in the lake. In that same post, Johnson said the remains were quickly reported to the resort’s office and on Oct. 13 the body was retrieved by the authorities.

According to Laura, the Canadian side of Ross Lake was one of the few places not searched by volunteers. After some back-and-forth, Laura said she was able to able to get a hold of the RCMP team now in charge of April’s case and waited for confirmation that her sister had been found.

Unfortunately, hopes were dashed Jan. 16 when RCMP informed them the body did not belong to their sister.

“Believe us when we say, any body that’s found anywhere in the lower portion of B.C., it’s almost like we get our hopes up because we don’t have our sister,” Laura said. “And when it’s not, my heart just drops.

“She’s out there somewhere. And we don’t know.”

And as much as they don’t want Parisian’s story to end with their worst suspicions confirmed, they said that would still be better than having her remain away from the people and communities who love her.

“I constantly find myself looking for signs, like clothing, you name it,” Chad said. “I always got my eyes peeled and it’s always very much in my forefront.

“I just want to bring her home to give her the proper resting she deserves.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back