AMARI NICHOLSON: Nevada vs Terrell Rhodes for 2021 murder of girlfriend's 2-year-old son

1620357195199.png

Metro investigating report of missing 2-year-old near Paradise and Twain​

Metro police are investigating a missing child case that was reported Wednesday in the area of Paradise Road and Twain Avenue.

Two-year-old Amari Nicholson was reported missing near the 3600 block of Paradise Road. The area is just east of the Las Vegas Strip.

He was last seen around 6 a.m. Wednesday.

Police say the child may be in severe emotional distress and in need of medical assistance.

Officers and detectives are following any leads or tips that might lead to the location of the child.

“We are aware of citizens providing tips to news outlets informing that officers have located a body in a dumpster, but this information is inaccurate,” according to a Metro statement. “Officers have been looking into nearby trash containers as a precaution.”

MISSING: Toddler boy vanishes amid rumors of a body found in nearby dumpster​

Authorities in Nevada are searching for a 3-year-old boy who reportedly vanished on Wednesday.

In a statement issued to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Las Vegas police said they were alerted to a child who vanished from the 3600 block of Paradise Road, near East Twain Avenue. Officers reportedly searched nearby dumpsters but found no evidence.

While the police’s statement did not name the missing child, KVVU reported that the toddler’s name is Amari Nicholson.

The news outlet reported that rumors of a body being found in a dumpster in the vicinity where Nicholson vanished were unfounded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. King. Still hasn't been found.

Thanks, I knew his first name was somewhat unique but couldn't think of it. Yes, that case too, different people saying he was with the other person, etc. Sad that he has not been found although at least an arrest has been made.

I'm assuming the aunt leading the pleas and offering the reward is not the same aunt being accused of taking Amari... Also, if "mommy and daddy are the only people he knows", why would you let him go with someone "claiming to be his aunt". Also, what another convoluted mess this is.

Family of missing two-year-old pleads for his safe return​

The family of Amari Nicholson, the two-year-old who went missing in Las Vegas, is pleading for his return.

He was last seen near Paradise Road and Twain Avenue.

A short time ago, Amari’s aunt told 8 News Now they are increasing the reward to $30,000 as the search for the 2-year-old continues.

He went missing from the Emerald Suites two days ago.

According to Amari’s mom, Tayler Nicholson, the 2-year-old taken from the apartment complex on Twain Avenue and Paradise Road two days ago. When he went missing, she says she was in Colorado helping her mother who was recently injured.

Nicholson’s boyfriend, Terrell Rhodes, who also spoke with 8 News Now, says he was watching Amari, but he says someone claiming to be the toddler’s aunt came and took the child.

“He is a helpless two-year-old. He is tiny. He can’t fight back. He doesn’t know where he is at,” said Tayler. “He doesn’t know where mommy and daddy are because we are the only two people that he knows. He needs medicine he is scared.”

Amari’s father, Jyrgio Hayes, lives in Reno. 8 News Now spoke to his sisters in California, who are putting up the reward.

They say no one knows where Amari is, and according to them, nobody from the family has him.

They tell 8 News Now they cannot get in contact with Amari’s mother, and they are worried.

“We don’t know anything about the last couple of days that Amari was seen and the mother is not helping us at all and we are trying to work with the police, but because of this false narrative, the police are not able to help either because there is no search, no amber alert,” said Amari’s aunt Yolanda Everett.

On Friday afternoon, Metro police said they are still looking into the disappearance and need information from the public.

Both Amari’s mother and aunt say they are putting together search teams.

If you have any information you are asked to call Metro.
I wonder how long this child has actually been gone and when the last sighting was. Either side could be lying but hopefully they can determine that the aunt never picked him up by alibi, GPS, camera, etc. Or, alternatively, that she did pick him up.

If the aunt was not supposed to have him, if she showed up, wouldn't the bf call the mom to see if he should allow her to take him before letting him go? It doesn't make any sense, especially since as you say he only knows "mommy and daddy". I take that to mean she calls the bf "daddy" because he knew him (and he only knows mommy and daddy) or she would not have left him with him right?

There is something really wrong with the delay in reporting a two year old missing and I still can't see why there is no clothing description. Shouldn't the bf know what he was last wearing even if the aunt stopped by and took him?

I wonder how long this child has actually been gone and when the last sighting was. Either side could be lying but hopefully they can determine that the aunt never picked him up by alibi, GPS, camera, etc. Or, alternatively, that she did pick him up.

If the aunt was not supposed to have him, if she showed up, wouldn't the bf call the mom to see if he should allow her to take him before letting him go? It doesn't make any sense, especially since as you say he only knows "mommy and daddy". I take that to mean she calls the bf "daddy" because he knew him (and he only knows mommy and daddy) or she would not have left him with him right?

There is something really wrong with the delay in reporting a two year old missing and I still can't see why there is no clothing description. Shouldn't the bf know what he was last wearing even if the aunt stopped by and took him?
No clothing description, and notably, no description of the woman claiming to be the aunt. Shouldn’t they be looking for her? Maybe there is no aunt, IMO.

Especially after seeing that interview… wow.

No clothing description, and notably, no description of the woman claiming to be the aunt. Shouldn’t they be looking for her? Maybe there is no aunt, IMO.

Especially after seeing that interview… wow.
Do you mean the interview just above where there was only maybe a minute with the mom and then with the aunts? I would like to see the full interview if there is is one because that seemed like just a clip.

Yes, something is really wrong here. I just don't see how the bf does not know what he was wearing, regardless of what happened. I guess there is the slimmest possibility he told LE what he was wearing but they don't share it as they figure an aunt could have him dressed in anything by now but I doubt that. Generally, they will still say what the child was last seen wearing until they know what story is true or what the situation is...

I think we all sense where this is going most likely. What they are not doing seems significant. They are not pushing clothing description, etc. nor as you state, a description of an aunt nor of anyone even "pretending" to be an aunt....

"mother is not cooperating"

Angry Mae Whitman GIF by Disney Channel

Do you mean the interview just above where there was only maybe a minute with the mom and then with the aunts? I would like to see the full interview if there is is one because that seemed like just a clip.

Yes, something is really wrong here. I just don't see how the bf does not know what he was wearing, regardless of what happened. I guess there is the slimmest possibility he told LE what he was wearing but they don't share it as they figure an aunt could have him dressed in anything by now but I doubt that. Generally, they will still say what the child was last seen wearing until they know what story is true or what the situation is...

I think we all sense where this is going most likely. What they are not doing seems significant. They are not pushing clothing description, etc. nor as you state, a description of an aunt nor of anyone even "pretending" to be an aunt....
The interview was linked in a tweet on the last page. With mom and boyfriend. It's not a full uncut video but the mom and boyfriend start at 0:42.

Yes, this interview. Sorry @GrandmaBear im only just not getting back online.

I’m not a gifted people reader, but it really seems like something’s off.
No problem. I have not been on regularly myself lately or keeping up on threads as well as I would like.

Something is most definitely off, I so agree. I don't have a lot of hope of a good outcome in this one, I know that.

what's up with that smirk on bio dad's face???

this poor child was surrounded by crazy, it seems. I sure don't know who to believe.

For me, it's mom saying "panic mode, freaking out, crying, screaming, just, my baby's gone" with no emotion. And then a smirk.
And then boyfriend looking like he's trying to piece together the story and not mess it up.

Nevada Child Seekers organizes search party for missing 2-year-old​

The search continues this weekend for a missing two-year-old.

A search party was held Saturday afternoon. It was organized by Nevada Child Seekers. Their goal was to find anything that leads them to two-year-old Amari.

8 News Now spoke with Amari’s dad Saturday, who made the drive from Reno to personally get involved with the search.

“Just get my son over, that’s not your son, that’s my son and her son just give him over,” said Jyrgio Hayes. “I just want him safe. I want him found, and I just want answers.”

Volunteers with Nevada Child Seekers say they are willing to do anything to get the word out about Amari’s disappearance.

“When it comes to the average citizen helping, this is what it’s about,” said Margarita Edwards with Nevada Child Seekers. “We had several people come here to help organize. We are hoping someone will call telling us if they heard anything or saw him.”

The group made about one thousand flyers with Amari’s picture on it.

Hayes family is offering a $30,000 reward for Amari’s safe return home.

When speaking to Amari’s dad, he did mention Amari is prone to seizures and just wants to make sure he is safe.

As search for missing 2-year-old continues, family members say they have no new leads​

Nevada Child Seekers will be out searching Monday for a missing 2-year-old boy who hasn’t been seen since last week. The search is expected to start around 10 a.m.

The family of Amari Nicholson says they are completely distraught after spending the weekend searching for him and passing out flyers around the Emerald Suites’ apartment complex off of Paradise Road.

“We can’t sleep, we can’t think about anything else,” said Amari’s Aunt, Yolanda Everett. “When we wake up all we realize is that another day has gone by, and we don’t know where Amari is.”

Sisters Yolanda Everett and D’Errica Perryman know there is a lot of confusion involving this case, but there is one thing they want to clear up now.

“This person that took Amari was not his aunt,” said Everett. “It was not someone who is his biological aunt, so if someone came to you and told you that, they are wrong. Please help me to find this person.”

Initially it was Amari’s Mother, Taylor Nicholson’s boyfriend who said it was an aunt that took the boy.

While Amari’s mother and father are not on speaking terms, the aunts want to work together with Amari’s mother to help find her son.

“We all just want to work together with Taylor to make sure we can bring him home and stop the confusion,” said Amari’s Aunt, D’Errica Perryman.

missing_boy_amari_2.jpg

Howard doesn’t believe her daughter and her boyfriend’s stories add up.

“You’re not thinking that your boyfriend who just gave your son away to a stranger, you’re not finding anything wrong with that?” Howard questioned.

missing_boy_amari_2.jpg

Howard doesn’t believe her daughter and her boyfriend’s stories add up.

“You’re not thinking that your boyfriend who just gave your son away to a stranger, you’re not finding anything wrong with that?” Howard questioned.
This says a lot and what it says is not good. The grandmother does not think it adds up and the child was to fly out to grandma's and the mother chose not to bring him?

I have yet to see anything that makes me believe there was any stranger at all who showed up. There certainly is no description being put out of the "person".

*(not surprised, just sad)

"While the arrest was taking place," said Lt. Meyers, "Terrell Rhodes chose to fight with police officers. And during the course of that fight was briefly able to retrieve an officer's firearm."
Police say the incident was "quickly de-escalated" and Rhodes was booked into Clark County Detention Center.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back