NM ALBUQUERQUE JANE DOE: WF, 25-35, found in motel room in Albuquerque, NM - 5 June 1991

644UFNM - Unidentified Female

1625782174268.png1625782180222.png1625782187713.png1625782196577.png1625782201528.png1625782213721.png1625782222789.png

Artistic rendering of the victim by Detective Mary Brazas; Victim's personal effects and photo

Date of Discovery: June 5, 1991
Location of Discovery: Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico
Estimated Date of Death: 2 days prior
State of Remains: Decomposing/putrefaction
Cause of Death: Hanging

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 25-35 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair Color: Strawberry blond, 18cm in length
Eye Color: Hazel
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers

Dentals: Available; natural teeth, impacted wisdom teeth
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Unavailable

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Multi-colored bikini underwear, size M/6; multi-colored (white, pink, red, yellow) Trends tank top; white denim Guess Product by Georges Marciano jeans, zippers near lower legs, size 31.
Jewelry: Wide metal (silver/gold color) bracelet (see photo); 3 white metal earrings
Additional Personal Items: Found in the room: dark blue or black suede purse and patterned pocketbook (see photo); $500 in cash; suitcase with women's clothing (see photo); photobooth picture (see photo)

Circumstances of Discovery

The decedent was located in a motel room, locked from the inside, at a Super 8 Motel, by a motel security guard. She was hanging from the shower head by a suitcase strap. No identification was found in the room.

Based on a recent tip, it is believed the decedent's name is "Becca" or "Rebecca" and is from the Los Angeles County area, possibly Reseda or Sylmar. It is believed she flew from California to New Mexico prior to her death.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: New Mexico State Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Wendy Honeyfield
Agency Phone Number: 505-272-3053
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1991-03004

Agency Name: Albuquerque Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Heather Chavez
Agency Phone Number: 505-768-2020
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 2926

Information Source(s)
Namus

Last edited by a moderator:
Bernalillo County Jane Doe

644UFNM.jpg

The victim was located in a locked motel room, at the Super 8 Motel, by a motel security guard. She was hanging from the shower head by a suitcase strap.

https://unidentified.wikia.org/wiki/Bernalillo_County_Jane_Doe_(1991)

Bernalillo County Jane Doe (1991)

Bernalillo County Jane Doe was a young woman who was found hanging in a motel shower. Her death was ruled a suicide.

Case
The decedent was found June 5th, 1991, in Albuquerque, Bernalillo County, New Mexico. It is believed she had been dead for two days. She hanged herself from the showerhead, using a suitcase strap, in her Super 8 Motel room. The room was locked (bolted from the inside) and had to be opened by a security guard.

She had an array of belongings in the room, most notably a photograph of herself while alive. It was a photo booth picture with an unidentified male. In it, she is making a face at the camera as he smiles slightly.

The other items included a full suitcase, a dark blue or black suede purse, a gray woven pocketbook, $500 in cash, and a digital scale with the name "George Martinez" written on it. (It has not been verified if this is the name of the man in the photograph.) There were also beer bottles and cigarettes.

The Jane Doe wore a "Trends" brand multi-colored tank top (that appears to be a pink and white tie-dye design, though the coroner's report says there was also yellow and red on the shirt). She also had multi-colored bikini underwear (black, green, purple and pink, size M/6), and white denim slacks with zippers near the lower lateral aspect of legs. They were size 31 "Guess Product by Georges Marciano" brand. Her jewelry consisted of three white metal earrings and a wide bracelet made of a silver/gold colored metal.

Physical Description
She could have had Hispanic ancestry.
She had curly strawberry blonde hair.
Her eyes were hazel or grey.
No scars, marks, or tattoos were noted.
She had heroin in her system at the time of death.

Bernalillo County Jane Doe

644UFNM.jpg

Sex Female
Race White
Location Albuquerque, New Mexico
Found June 5, 1991
Unidentified for 27 years
Postmortem interval Days
Body condition Decomposed
Age approximation 25-35
Height approximation 5'7
Weight approximation 140 pounds
Cause of death Hanging (suicide)

https://www.facebook.com/MissingHom...e-new-mexicowe-need-the-pub/1782262262047282/

Missing & Homeless added a new photo to the album: Unidentified Doe's Found.
November 6, 2016 ·
Unidentified Jane Doe ~ Found June 5, 1991 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

We need the public's help. Do you know my name? Who was I? Please Share and help find her family!

- For more informtion: Who is Albuquerque Jane Doe?

- See more Unidentified People: www.facebook.com/media/set/

* #MissingHomeless #Missing #JaneDoe #ID #Unidentified

Odd that that article says police aren't providing much about her cause of death etc. when it was said all along she hung herself so why would they say that now?

What woman carries a purse and wallet with no ID?

Unbelievable there are actual pictures and yet something like 27 years and no ID? How can that happen? And not only pictures of her but a guy she was with too. Did they find him or no? Two not found or named? What name was the room rented under? Not saying it was a legitimate name. How far and wide did they put out her picture? Anyone try to get it on national news at least once?

Even now they have a first name only...

As to cause of death I just can't imagine hanging by shower. I guess it is possible no doubt but the height is such that you'd have to be committed I guess. I mean inmates hang themselves with no more height in their cell than that...

And then we even have a name etc. on the heroin scale, etc.?

I'm sorry but it just makes one wonder how hard they tried to identify her back then...

Odd that that article says police aren't providing much about her cause of death etc. when it was said all along she hung herself so why would they say that now?

What woman carries a purse and wallet with no ID?

Unbelievable there are actual pictures and yet something like 27 years and no ID? How can that happen? And not only pictures of her but a guy she was with too. Did they find him or no? Two not found or named? What name was the room rented under? Not saying it was a legitimate name. How far and wide did they put out her picture? Anyone try to get it on national news at least once?

Even now they have a first name only...

As to cause of death I just can't imagine hanging by shower. I guess it is possible no doubt but the height is such that you'd have to be committed I guess. I mean inmates hang themselves with no more height in their cell than that...

And then we even have a name etc. on the heroin scale, etc.?

I'm sorry but it just makes one wonder how hard they tried to identify her back then...
It does not appear a lot what was done at the time of Becca's death. When the new detective started working on this case, a lot of evidence had been destroyed. He believes that this case would have been solved if they still had those items.

Yes, based on the information from 2020, they were able to identify and speak with the man in the photo.

Last edited:
It does not appear a lot what was done at the time of Becca's death. When the new detective started working on this case, a lot of evidence had been destroyed. She believes that this case would have been solved if they still had those items.

Yes, based on the information from 2020, they were able to identify and speak with the man in the photo.
I never caught the fact they identified the man in the photo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back