OR ALBANY JANE DOE: WF, 30-50, found off of a well-traveled dirt road in Albany, OR - 4 Apr 2020 *GRACE NARVAEZ-WEAVER*

1678578846501.png
1641272724221.png

NamUs #UP67939

The remains of an adult female were discovered off of a well-traveled dirt road in Linn County, Oregon.

1597839826861.png1597839867251.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The LCSO Search and Rescue Team assisted with the recovery effort.
At 1:37 p.m. on April 3, Yon’s office received a report that a person who was scouting for hunting season found human remains in the Gordon Road area about 13 miles east of Sweet Home off Forest Service Road 417.

The person who called guided LCSO and State Medical Examiner’s Office staff to the remains.

Investigators worked at the site through Sunday.
Wednesday, Undersheriff Paul Timm said the remains have tentatively been identified as those of a white female who was between the ages of 30 and 50 at the time of her death.
Timm said she is also believed to have had short, wavy brown hair.
Sheriff Yon said Friday morning that it could take 12 to 18 months for the state to complete its identification process, and other resources may be called into play.
Anyone with information about either case is asked to call the Linn County Sheriff’s Office at 541-967-3950.

Accessories

Heavy black fabric bandanna/neckerchief, tied with a square knot

Purple full-zip athletic jacket with open back - Apana brand, Size XS

Green camisole with spaghetti straps - BKE Core brand, size S/extra long

Heather gray front zip sports bra, Victoria's Secret VSX Sport brand, Size 32C

Blue denim jeans with crystal embellishments on pockets - Wranglers brand, size 5/6 x 32

Striped boot/dress socks

Black dress booties - Steven Madden brand, size 9.5

Never noticed this case before, not sure how I missed it. So there are two bodies and both found this year? Both unidentified thus far?
As far as I know, they still are. I might see one of the deputies tonight at a meeting and I'll ask if there's been any progress. If I don't see them tonight, I'll email and ask.

Accessories

Heavy black fabric bandanna/neckerchief, tied with a square knot

Purple full-zip athletic jacket with open back - Apana brand, Size XS

Green camisole with spaghetti straps - BKE Core brand, size S/extra long

Heather gray front zip sports bra, Victoria's Secret VSX Sport brand, Size 32C

Blue denim jeans with crystal embellishments on pockets - Wranglers brand, size 5/6 x 32

Striped boot/dress socks

Black dress booties - Steven Madden brand, size 9.5
I am guessing she is fairly tall, I mean at least 5'7 (probably taller) and I note they don't have her height. Might sound silly but that's a big shoe size for a 5/6 body size. Makes me think of slender and tall. Also 32 for the around width of the bra is small.

It is interesting though that all clothing was on her body, except the boots, socks and bandanna. I assume they are hers...

Do you know if they think she had died recently? If a well traveled road, it leads me to think so?

Interesting that they think the male body is someone from 2011, how would they know that unless the area matches up to something they know...?

I talked to one of the deputies tonight and he said that neither of the people have been identified. He believes that one of them they know who it is but they don't have a positive identification yet. The one that we have a sketch on is the one that they have no clue who it might be at this point. They said if we have any ideas, be sure to call in the tip!

Detectives use DNA to draw new image of woman found dead in Oregon woods in April 2020
Linn County detectives, working in conjunction with the Oregon State Medical Examiner’s Office, have utilized a private forensic DNA service called Parabon Nanolabs to help determine more about what the unidentified female may have looked like.

According to analysis completed by Parabon, the remains likely belong to a white adult female with light brown/blonde hair (natural hair color), fair skin, green or hazel eyes, and zero or few freckles. An updated composite sketch of the unidentified deceased woman has been developed based on this new information, and additional DNA analysis is ongoing in attempt to identify her.

Skeleton found by Sweet Home identified as woman missing since 2019 with genetic genealogy
The remains of a woman found dead in 2020 have been identified through genetic genealogy, says the Oregon State Police.

Investigators also used investigative genetic genealogy (IGG), "a lead generation tool that is used to identify human remains by tying DNA from those remains to a family with a missing person. After potential family members of the deceased are discovered, identification is ultimately accomplished using comparative DNA analysis, which measures the amount of DNA that is shared between two people, combined with traditional genealogy research using historical records to infer relationships between individuals."

The IGG report for the unidentified woman was released in August 2022, and immediately provided a strong lead. The report suggested that the woman was Grace Lorna Narvaez-Weaver, who went missing in Washington state in 2019. The IGG report also provided a picture of Grace from 2008, which was very similar to the forensic reconstruction drawing and the phenotype report.

Grace was 47 when she went missing in 2019, and was last seen in the company of an unknown man. She was homeless, had seizures that required medication, and suffered from mental illness.

Her killer must have known the area. It gives me goosebumps that they might be in this area still.

Her killer must have known the area. It gives me goosebumps that they might be in this area still.
Is there indication she was murdered?
She was a homeless person with a seizure disorder, mental illness, and likely drug addiction. It could have been non-criminal (other than the moving/dumping her body, obviously). Could have been criminal, not saying it wasn’t. But no COD was indicated, and they haven’t asked for any tips or anything.

Is there indication she was murdered?
She was a homeless person with a seizure disorder, mental illness, and likely drug addiction. It could have been non-criminal (other than the moving/dumping her body, obviously). Could have been criminal, not saying it wasn’t. But no COD was indicated, and they haven’t asked for any tips or anything.
Did I get her mixed up with someone else? Let me see what I can find out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back