AHMAUD ARBERY: Georgia vs Greg & Travis McMichael & William Bryan for murder *GUILTY*

1588813454918.png 1588813480378.png
Mother seeks justice after son shot while jogging in Brunswick, pair involved in killing not arrested

It’s been over two months since a young black man jogging in Brunswick, Ga., was gunned down by two white men who said they thought he was a possible burglar.

Ahmaud Arbery’s mother wants to know where is the justice.

“I just think about how they could allow these two men to kill my son and not be arrested, that’s what I can’t understand,” Wanda Cooper told news partner First Coast News.

A police report states about 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, Glynn County officers responded to Satilla and Holmes drives where shots were fired. They found Arbery, 25, dead on the scene.

Gregory McMichael, who worked several years for the Brunswick Police Department before serving as an investigator in the Brunswick District Attorney’s Office, told police there were several break-ins in the neighborhood. He said he saw Arbery running down Satilla Drive and asked his son Travis McMichael to help him confront him.

McMichael and his son got a shotgun and handgun because they “didn’t know if Arbery was armed or not.”

The father and son got into their truck and drove down Satilla toward Burford Drive. Gregory McMichael stated when they arrived at Holmes Drive, they saw Arbery running down Burford, according to the report.

Gregory McMichael told police they attempted to cut off Arbery and shouted “stop, stop, we want to talk to you.”

McMichael pulled up next to Arbery, and Travis McMichael got out of the truck with the shotgun. According to statements, that’s when the father said Arbery attacked his son and the two men started fighting over the shotgun. Travis McMichael fired a shot and then a second shot.

After video appears to show black jogger gunned down by 2 white men in coastal Georgia, family demands arrests

The fatal shooting of a black man — apparently recorded on video in February and posted online Tuesday by a local radio station host — will go to a grand jury in coastal Georgia, according to a district attorney.

Elements of the disturbing video are consistent with a description of the shooting given to police by one of those involved in the incident.

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, authorities said. According to a Glynn County Police report, Gregory McMichael later told officers that he thought Arbery looked like a person suspected in a series of recent break-ins in the area.

After they chased down Arbery, McMichael told police, Arbery and McMichael’s son Travis struggled over his son’s shotgun. McMichael said two shots were fired before Arbery fell to the street, the report said.

S. Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Arbery family, said in a statement that the two men involved in the chase “must be taken into custody pending their indictment.”

Gov. Brian Kemp said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has offered resources to Durden for his investigation. “Georgians deserve answers,” Kemp tweeted.

Kemp also retweeted the GBI’s post that Durden “formally requested the GBI to investigate the death of Ahmaud Arbery.”

Attachments

• 1588813857428.png
    1588813857428.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 2
but definitely not in Mr. Arbery's case.
But this case is an anomaly. In the vast majority of black/white interracial violent crimes, whites are the victim. And for those of you who claim to care so much about sexual assault victims, you should pay particular attention to the stats on rape. They are extremely disproportionate. But the media see no need to inform you of this. Danny Masterson is who we're supposed to consider a predator...

I don't think anyone here is likely blind to the spin and slant of media. I also don't think anyone is saying whites are never the victims of blacks. No one has said blacks cannot be predators either but that does not make Masterson any less of one if indeed he is guilty or found guilty (or Weinstein, Epstein, Cosby)... Whites nor for that matter the famous of any race should be immune to prosecution if there is enough cause.

Every case is different and such generalizations or stats have nothing to do with guilt or innocence in any individual case. Imo.

I don't think anyone here is likely blind to the spin and slant of media. I also don't think anyone is saying whites are never the victims of blacks. No one has said blacks cannot be predators either but that does not make Masterson any less of one if indeed he is guilty or found guilty (or Weinstein, Epstein, Cosby)... Whites nor for that matter the famous of any race should be immune to prosecution if there is enough cause.

Every case is different and such generalizations or stats have nothing to do with guilt or innocence in any individual case. Imo.
exactly Also what people seem to forget is that if it has a % that is other than 0 or 100, it means anomalies definitely exist.

exactly Also what people seem to forget is that if it has a % that is other than 0 or 100, it means anomalies definitely exist.
No, not exactly. It does have something to do with this individual case because the media, the family, and even some on this thread are presuming the McMichaels pursued Arbery only because of "racism" rather than other factors. How do you think they would've reacted to a white guy in the exact same set of circumstances?

I understand that decent black men get prejudged/stereotyped and scrutinized for being out of place in a white neighborhood. It does happen. I get that, and it isn't necessarily fair, but I don't see where that happened in this case.

If you don't know, I can't help you. Everybody should be able to see a lot of it easily. Like hmmmm.... :thinking: There's footage out there of men chasing down a black man, surrounding him and shooting him while one stands over him and calls him a N----- . Have you seen that?
That's a bit of a copout. If you're going to throw around accusations of "racism", you should at the very least be able to tell me what "racism" is.

I've seen the video(it doesn't actually show what you just described), but I can't say if it shows "racism" or not because you haven't told me what that means.

That's a bit of a copout. If you're going to throw around accusations of "racism", you should at the very least be able to tell me what "racism" is.

I've seen the video(it doesn't actually show what you just described), but I can't say if it shows "racism" or not because you haven't told me what that means.

It does show what I described. If you followed the news on it you'd know that was an exact accounting. You can't hear the N----- on the video, but the cops have reported that's what happened. If you don't see racism on that tape, I can't help you. It doesn't get much more blatant than that.

It does show what I described. If you followed the news on it you'd know that was an exact accounting. You can't hear the N----- on the video, but the cops have reported that's what happened. If you don't see racism on that tape, I can't help you. It doesn't get much more blatant than that.
Arbery was not surrounded and shot while one stood over him and called him a "******". That is patently false. Anyone who has watched the video knows this. He wasn't "surrounded" at all, and no one was standing over him while he was shot.

But you can help me. You can simply explain to me what you mean by "racism". If you just explain what you mean, maybe I'll be able to recognize it in the video.

The DOJ is investigating this as a hate crime. The DOJ is also looking into how the initial investigation was handled as well, with regard to two D.A.'s.

They blocked Arbery's path and cut him off after having tried before unsuccessfully, and Greg McMichaels was in the pickup bed armed which is above Arbery. The McMichaels' own buddy, one of the three charged, said Travis M stood over Arbery and called him an F'g N, testified to by a GBI investigator as to Bryan's statement, and it was said once Arbery was on the ground.

Arbery was shot three times and a house in the area was also struck. 13 shotgun pellets exited Arbery's back and another 11 were found in his wounds just as a reminder. Nice huh?

This case has ample video and also the preliminary and the bond hearing, etc. are available for viewing. I watched all six of the videos on the recent bond hearing and just watched most of the preliminary. I thought they might surprise me but I was unimpressed with a single defense attorney. Of course, to be fair look at the case they were handed, the evidence and the defendants' continued behavior afterwards even while jailed...

I wonder how much longer it will be for a DOJ decision.

You and almost everyone else here are obviously blind to it. Over 35,000 white women were raped by black men in the past year. Can you name just one of them? Of course not, because the media never told you about them. They never bothered to describe for you the absolute HORROR of their ordeal. Can you give me just 5 names out of the hundreds of white people who were killed by blacks in the last year? Of course you can't. But here we sit on this thread, discussing how tragic it is that Ahmaud Arbery was killed. And you play along with this entire media narrative, with your virtue signaling and your righteous indignation. Frankly, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Why is this young black man's death more important than the hundreds of others? Ask: Why did the media choose to tell you about his death?

You and almost everyone else here are obviously blind to it. Over 35,000 white women were raped by black men in the past year. Can you name just one of them? Of course not, because the media never told you about them. They never bothered to describe for you the absolute HORROR of their ordeal. Can you give me just 5 names out of the hundreds of white people who were killed by blacks in the last year? Of course you can't. But here we sit on this thread, discussing how tragic it is that Ahmaud Arbery was killed. And you play along with this entire media narrative, with your virtue signaling and your righteous indignation. Frankly, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.
Why is this young black man's death more important than the hundreds of others? Ask: Why did the media choose to tell you about his death?
Hon, for the most part MSM covers very little but for politics, now Covid and things like this--which of course they also use to play into politics in many cases.

In this crime, though, no one needs the media to form an opinion, there are hearings, video and statements. Get real, there is no need for media to form an opinion nor even watch it. The full hearings are out there, why would one listen to a 1-2 minute clip of it and the media's spin on that minute or two?

You almost never see a rape case of any kind on the news, do you notice that? Perhaps again, if it is very unusual, a serial rapist or someone famous. That's the news for ya, why are you so surprised and why do you think it only applies one way? There are also murders of all races, many of which are not covered in the news, but maybe just in someone's local paper or on a local channel, few out of the numbers are picked up by MSM.

I follow a ton of crimes and let me tell you many of them are missing black children or women and they are not covered like a missing white child or woman in many cases. I could say the same about Native Americans. I see you on no murdered dead black child's case for instance. Perhaps the lack of interest by many people like you makes some cases not newsworthy to media? In fact, the only cases I see you on ARE the "big" ones that are picked up by media, Masterson, this one, etc. Did it ever occur to you that they cover what the highest number of viewers follow and you contribute to that very trend yourself? Then you complain about it? Hmm.

There is also the fact that this particular case is outrageous and unusual. Three men were hunting a human who was on foot and unarmed with pickup trucks and firearms and killed him. Then there is the fact McMichael was an investigator. Then there was the fact he worked for the D.A. at one time. What is so shocking to you with all of the elements in this case that it gets the attention it does? People are outraged, attention is on it, the case is, thank goodness, not similar to many. Let's also not forget this case did not come to the forefront nor was known about or high profile at the outset, in fact, charges were not brought, it was just to "go away".

Vanessa Guillen was Hispanic and her family had to fight for months to bring attention to it and get any answers. In fact, there are a number of Hispanic (and other but very high percentage of Hispanic) deaths at Fort Hood that are or were questionable, where was the media?

One of the most heinous child crimes in recent times was Thomas Valva whose father abused and killed him, the facts are horrendous. He is a white NYPD officer and it was his own son. His fiance is also charged. Media for some reason in large part is ignoring this case which is huge and ongoing. Why?

Your buzz words/terms get old dear but if you feel the need to use them, go for it. I should count the times you have said virtue signaling for instance, but it's not a big deal. It simply gets dull as they are so overused.

Clearly your rudeness, assumptions nor insults are something you can help. Nor is the rehashing of the same old things that were all covered before this thread was shut down. The demanding that people do as you say... That's fine as far as I am concerned, it is hardly unique on the internet, although it gets a bit dull.

Try to behave so the thread stays open would you? Maybe you need a hug? :hugs: Have a good one.

Repetitive--but to bring things back to recent events on the case.

Bond was denied after a lengthy bond hearing. There are hours of it one can watch to form their own opinions and impressions. The preliminary hearing is also out there to listen to oneself.

Coded note sent and attempts to reach other defendants and witnesses were brought up at the most recent bond hearing, as well as GM asking his wife to get rid of SM and other things and to tell a person to keep their mouth shut (paraphrasing) and more.

We are still awaiting a DOJ decision on a federal hate crime and their investigation into the initial handling of this case.

Also recently, the DA that GM worked for and who he called from the crime scene has overwhelmingly been voted out.

I believe these are the most recent events.

If I have it right and understand what you are asking, and I am not sure I do, the charges they have now are state. There is a parallel investigation by the DOJ for a hate crime which would be federal charges. Georgia does not have a hate crime law.

As for the LE, etc. that investigation yes, is also requested and is to do with the two D.A.s and things surrounding how the investigation was handled at the local level and what went on.

I believe both were requested by the GBI.

That is my understanding anyhow.

In this crime, though, no one needs the media to form an opinion, there are hearings, video and statements. Get real, there is no need for media to form an opinion nor even watch it. The full hearings are out there, why would one listen to a 1-2 minute clip of it and the media's spin on that minute or two?

You almost never see a rape case of any kind on the news, do you notice that? Perhaps again, if it is very unusual, a serial rapist or someone famous. That's the news for ya, why are you so surprised and why do you think it only applies one way? There are also murders of all races, many of which are not covered in the news, but maybe just in someone's local paper or on a local channel, few out of the numbers are picked up by MSM.

I follow a ton of crimes and let me tell you many of them are missing black children or women and they are not covered like a missing white child or woman in many cases. I could say the same about Native Americans. I see you on no murdered dead black child's case for instance. Perhaps the lack of interest by many people like you makes some cases not newsworthy to media? In fact, the only cases I see you on ARE the "big" ones that are picked up by media, Masterson, this one, etc. Did it ever occur to you that they cover what the highest number of viewers follow and you contribute to that very trend yourself? Then you complain about it? Hmm.

There is also the fact that this particular case is outrageous and unusual. Three men were hunting a human who was on foot and unarmed with pickup trucks and firearms and killed him. Then there is the fact McMichael was an investigator. Then there was the fact he worked for the D.A. at one time. What is so shocking to you with all of the elements in this case that it gets the attention it does? People are outraged, attention is on it, the case is, thank goodness, not similar to many. Let's also not forget this case did not come to the forefront nor was known about or high profile at the outset, in fact, charges were not brought, it was just to "go away".

Vanessa Guillen was Hispanic and her family had to fight for months to bring attention to it and get any answers. In fact, there are a number of Hispanic (and other but very high percentage of Hispanic) deaths at Fort Hood that are or were questionable, where was the media?

One of the most heinous child crimes in recent times was Thomas Valva whose father abused and killed him, the facts are horrendous. He is a white NYPD officer and it was his own son. His fiance is also charged. Media for some reason in large part is ignoring this case which is huge and ongoing. Why?

Your buzz words/terms get old dear but if you feel the need to use them, go for it. I should count the times you have said virtue signaling for instance, but it's not a big deal. It simply gets dull as they are so overused.

Clearly your rudeness, assumptions nor insults are something you can help. Nor is the rehashing of the same old things that were all covered before this thread was shut down. The demanding that people do as you say... That's fine as far as I am concerned, it is hardly unique on the internet, although it gets a bit dull.

Try to behave so the thread stays open would you? Maybe you need a hug? :hugs: Have a good one.
Well you're right, sexual assault cases rarely gain national attention. In fact, the only ones I can remember from the last several years that didn't involve someone famous were the Duke Lacrosse team, "mattress girl", and the Brock Turner case. I don't know how/why the media chose(out of tens of thousands of reported sexual assaults) to only tell us about those particular cases. I'm not sure what makes them noteworthy. Oh wait...:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: Now I see it! All of the supposed "victims" were minorities, and all of the accused were white. Are you seeing the pattern?

Staying on topic, it's the same here in the Arbery case. Black men get chased down and shot every day in NY, Chicago, Birmingham, Philadelphia, etc. just for being on the wrong block, or for some other senseless reason. They're not mentioned on the news. You can't name a single one of them and neither can I. The only reason we even know about this case is because the "victim" was black and the shooter was white. You can't deny that.

I'm not trying to be rude or insulting to you, GB. Honestly. I'm passionate about what I believe and I don't apologize for that, but in rereading my posts I can see that I've been a bit aggressive. I'll do my best to tone it down as I'd like to keep this thread open. I'll also accept your hug and offer you a double in return:hugs::hugs:.

Well you're right, sexual assault cases rarely gain national attention. In fact, the only ones I can remember from the last several years that didn't involve someone famous were the Duke Lacrosse team, "mattress girl", and the Brock Turner case. I don't know how/why the media chose(out of tens of thousands of reported sexual assaults) to only tell us about those particular cases. I'm not sure what makes them noteworthy. Oh wait...:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: Now I see it! All of the supposed "victims" were minorities, and all of the accused were white. Are you seeing the pattern?

Staying on topic, it's the same here in the Arbery case. Black men get chased down and shot every day in NY, Chicago, Birmingham, Philadelphia, etc. just for being on the wrong block, or for some other senseless reason. They're not mentioned on the news. You can't name a single one of them and neither can I. The only reason we even know about this case is because the "victim" was black and the shooter was white. You can't deny that.

I'm not trying to be rude or insulting to you, GB. Honestly. I'm passionate about what I believe and I don't apologize for that, but in rereading my posts I can see that I've been a bit aggressive. I'll do my best to tone it down as I'd like to keep this thread open. I'll also accept your hug and offer you a double in return:hugs::hugs:.
Well I also can agree with some of this but not all--jmo. It may not be recent but the Max Factor heir certainly made the news with his rapes and they were not minorities. One example of many. In that one we have wealth, known name, drugging and video tapes. Sometimes it is the case and not race, fame or anything on its own but just the total package and uniqueness and what they can sensationalize with all of its components and played by media for all it is worth.

This case here is different too and has many elements that will and do hold interest. My point is some cases that are covered are simply due to the sensationalism and factors of the case or even the fact that a case is unique and not similar to many others, again imo.

However, I do agree that the race factor is used and played in the news and not always fairly. In some cases though it does apply, but certainly not all that they try to make it apply (the media). I am not nearly as sure it applies in the George Floyd case as I am leaning towards believing it may apply in this case.

When you talk about places like Chicago and NYC for instance, I get it. I share a few current crime headlines most days but generally they are not in cities like Chicago where you can't even keep up with the shootings and fatalities every weekend and yes, they are often black against black OR some child caught in crossfire, etc. In fact, most headlines hardly even touch on individual cases in some of those major metropolitan troubled or high crime areas.

I do deny we only know about this case to get back to this one because it is white shooter, black victim. This case is very different than most. There is and are major hints of problems in this area and in the justice system itself. Three men and trucks. One man worked for the DA in charge and called her. There is much here. This case was not immediately known by a long shot. Does the media play it or use it? Do politicians even? Of course, I am sure of it. This case though has enough here to truly suspect race may have been a factor despite the media play.

Anyhow, clearly you are passionate in your beliefs, no problem. It sure beats not caring at all. I also did not mean you insulting me, you spread it around to various people on occasion lol. Thanks for the double hug. Peace. 💖

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back