AHMAUD ARBERY: Georgia vs Greg & Travis McMichael & William Bryan for murder *GUILTY*

1588813454918.png 1588813480378.png
Mother seeks justice after son shot while jogging in Brunswick, pair involved in killing not arrested

It’s been over two months since a young black man jogging in Brunswick, Ga., was gunned down by two white men who said they thought he was a possible burglar.

Ahmaud Arbery’s mother wants to know where is the justice.

“I just think about how they could allow these two men to kill my son and not be arrested, that’s what I can’t understand,” Wanda Cooper told news partner First Coast News.

A police report states about 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, Glynn County officers responded to Satilla and Holmes drives where shots were fired. They found Arbery, 25, dead on the scene.

Gregory McMichael, who worked several years for the Brunswick Police Department before serving as an investigator in the Brunswick District Attorney’s Office, told police there were several break-ins in the neighborhood. He said he saw Arbery running down Satilla Drive and asked his son Travis McMichael to help him confront him.

McMichael and his son got a shotgun and handgun because they “didn’t know if Arbery was armed or not.”

The father and son got into their truck and drove down Satilla toward Burford Drive. Gregory McMichael stated when they arrived at Holmes Drive, they saw Arbery running down Burford, according to the report.

Gregory McMichael told police they attempted to cut off Arbery and shouted “stop, stop, we want to talk to you.”

McMichael pulled up next to Arbery, and Travis McMichael got out of the truck with the shotgun. According to statements, that’s when the father said Arbery attacked his son and the two men started fighting over the shotgun. Travis McMichael fired a shot and then a second shot.

After video appears to show black jogger gunned down by 2 white men in coastal Georgia, family demands arrests

The fatal shooting of a black man — apparently recorded on video in February and posted online Tuesday by a local radio station host — will go to a grand jury in coastal Georgia, according to a district attorney.

Elements of the disturbing video are consistent with a description of the shooting given to police by one of those involved in the incident.

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, authorities said. According to a Glynn County Police report, Gregory McMichael later told officers that he thought Arbery looked like a person suspected in a series of recent break-ins in the area.

After they chased down Arbery, McMichael told police, Arbery and McMichael’s son Travis struggled over his son’s shotgun. McMichael said two shots were fired before Arbery fell to the street, the report said.

S. Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Arbery family, said in a statement that the two men involved in the chase “must be taken into custody pending their indictment.”

Gov. Brian Kemp said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has offered resources to Durden for his investigation. “Georgians deserve answers,” Kemp tweeted.

Kemp also retweeted the GBI’s post that Durden “formally requested the GBI to investigate the death of Ahmaud Arbery.”

Attachments

• 1588813857428.png
    1588813857428.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 2
Only race-based because the media says so, huh?
They also HIT HIM WITH THEIR F-ING TRUCK.

Ahmaud Arbery was hit with a truck before he died, and his killer allegedly used a racial slur, investigator testifies

However, the agent said, there were "numerous times" on social media and via messaging services that McMichael used the same slur, once messaging someone that he loved his job because there "weren't any N-words anywhere."

In another instance sometime before the shooting, he replied in an Instagram message that things would be better if someone had "blown that N-word's head off," Dial testified.

Bryan, too, had several messages on his phone that included "racial" terms and indicated he may have prejudged Arbery when he saw him that day, Dial said.

"There's evidence of Mr. Bryan's racist attitude in his communications, and from that I extrapolate the reason why he made assumptions he did that day," he said. "He saw a man running down the road with a truck following him, and I believe he made certain assumptions that were, at least in part, based upon his racial bias."

The allegations came as Dial outlined events that led to Arbery's death and said that before Arbery was shot, the three men charged in his murder engaged in an elaborate chase, hitting the 25-year-old jogger with a truck as he tried to escape them.

Asked whether he believed McMichael could've been acting in self-defense, Dial said the opposite was true."I believe Mr. Arbery was being pursued, and he ran till he couldn't run anymore, and it was turn his back to a man with a shotgun or fight with his bare hands against the man with the shotgun. He chose to fight," he said. "I believe Mr. Arbery's decision was to just try to get away, and when he felt like he could not escape he chose to fight."
https://www.cnn.com/profiles/eliott-c-mclaughlin-profile

Only race-based because the media says so, huh?
They also HIT HIM WITH THEIR F-ING TRUCK.

Ahmaud Arbery was hit with a truck before he died, and his killer allegedly used a racial slur, investigator testifies

However, the agent said, there were "numerous times" on social media and via messaging services that McMichael used the same slur, once messaging someone that he loved his job because there "weren't any N-words anywhere."

In another instance sometime before the shooting, he replied in an Instagram message that things would be better if someone had "blown that N-word's head off," Dial testified.

Bryan, too, had several messages on his phone that included "racial" terms and indicated he may have prejudged Arbery when he saw him that day, Dial said.

"There's evidence of Mr. Bryan's racist attitude in his communications, and from that I extrapolate the reason why he made assumptions he did that day," he said. "He saw a man running down the road with a truck following him, and I believe he made certain assumptions that were, at least in part, based upon his racial bias."

The allegations came as Dial outlined events that led to Arbery's death and said that before Arbery was shot, the three men charged in his murder engaged in an elaborate chase, hitting the 25-year-old jogger with a truck as he tried to escape them.

Asked whether he believed McMichael could've been acting in self-defense, Dial said the opposite was true."I believe Mr. Arbery was being pursued, and he ran till he couldn't run anymore, and it was turn his back to a man with a shotgun or fight with his bare hands against the man with the shotgun. He chose to fight," he said. "I believe Mr. Arbery's decision was to just try to get away, and when he felt like he could not escape he chose to fight."
https://www.cnn.com/profiles/eliott-c-mclaughlin-profile

<sarcasm on> That doesn't make him a racist though! <sarcasm off>

I had a feeling they would find racist material and/or conversations online, or in the home, etc. I am also going to guess they may have even more, this was just the preliminary. One thing that stood out to me is it was said that they used words and slurs not even heard of by the officer before, that he was unfamiliar with. Where did they come by them I wonder...? Food for thought...

These men are not only murderers, they are complete morons in my opinion. How flat out stupid can they be? I think they were that sure they would never be questioned, looked at or arrested OR again, they are just flat out dumb!

Jmo.

Just to clarify I read an article yesterday, I believe it was the People one, that said McMichaels hit them with the truck, it clarified at the end it was Bryan who did so which was what I had originally heard of the testimony..

The guy who claimed along with his attorney he was only a witness smh hit him with this truck and did way more than that.

I had a feeling they would find racist material and/or conversations online, or in the home, etc. I am also going to guess they may have even more, this was just the preliminary. One thing that stood out to me is it was said that they used words and slurs not even heard of by the officer before, that he was unfamiliar with. Where did they come by them I wonder...? Food for thought...

These men are not only murderers, they are complete morons in my opinion. How flat out stupid can they be? I think they were that sure they would never be questioned, looked at or arrested OR again, they are just flat out dumb!

Jmo.
They tought they were protected and they were until their own attorney posted the heavily edited video thinking it would clear them

Just to clarify I read an article yesterday, I believe it was the People one, that said McMichaels hit them with the truck, it clarified at the end it was Bryan who did so which was what I had originally heard of the testimony..

The guy who claimed along with his attorney he was only a witness smh hit him with this truck and did way more than that.
I think now we are getting a hint of what all is on the video that they found in stating that there is much more video.

I think now we are getting a hint of what all is on the video that they found in stating that there is much more video.
I agree and it is matching what most of us figured was on it, when length of the "chase" was mentioned, "cutting" him off, etc. There were hints along the way here and there. We also now know the gun was pointed at Arbery and he was told to get down on the ground before anything more happened. Sorry to say I am not surprised at that either.

And preliminaries yah are just usually a taste of everything they have... Imagine what else there probably is...

I agree and it is matching what most of us figured was on it, when length of the "chase" was mentioned, "cutting" him off, etc. There were hints along the way here and there. We also now know the gun was pointed at Arbery and he was told to get down on the ground before anything more happened. Sorry to say I am not surprised at that either.

And preliminaries yah are just usually a taste of everything they have... Imagine what else there probably is...

The town's brass is probably in on it too. I'm not saying this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were Klan members. The cover up is really mysterious.

The town's brass is probably in on it too. I'm not saying this is true, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were Klan members. The cover up is really mysterious.
That's kind of what I was thinking without saying it, either the Klan and/or online groups as well as in person groups... Whatever the name they want to use, it sure smacks and smells of that kind of thing doesn't it?

it also very well could have just went away if Bryans own attorney hadn't posted that video.
Yup. Not the brightest bulbs I guess?

It makes one wonder, just speculating, how many other things just did go away when a loved one did not dare question the powers that be, etc... I sure hope it isn't that bad but one does have to wonder... At least I do...

my parents would be the type to take their word for it, so i can see that happening a lot
I can see it also. It is LE, we have implicit trust in what they tell us (or some do). Many are like that until they get a glimpse otherwise. My parents I would call similar they never saw an inside of a courtroom in their life, in their day, even divorces and custody cases did not go on to speak of. I would dare say my dad never saw the inside of a courtroom, unfortunately my mom now has but not one time to do with anything in her own life but due to what has happened to our family by someone else.

Yes, I can see it. This department may get a good look based on all of this. They employed this McMichaels who remained employed despite refusing to go to training. What???

Last edited:
He always does a quick but thorough coverage with legal points. If you are not following both cases, Arbery starts at about 6:52 in. His entire podcast though is only 25 minutes and hearing the dumb crimininal contestant at the end is always entertaining.

He always does a quick but thorough coverage with legal points. If you are not following both cases, Arbery starts at about 6:52 in. His entire podcast though is only 25 minutes and hearing the dumb crimininal contestant at the end is always entertaining.

Thank you for that.

Thank you for that.

You are so welcome my non-problem emu :)

Seriously though, he I feel is a good one to watch. He stays on the cases that are current and his podcasts are generally somewhere from 25 to 40 minutes. 40 is LONG. I love his dumb criminal of the day and week. He does not gossip just gives a defense attorney's opinion of what is known generally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiPolarBear
Back