Ahmaud Arbery shot while jogging in Georgia - shooters not arrested *ARREST*

1588813454918.png 1588813480378.png
Mother seeks justice after son shot while jogging in Brunswick, pair involved in killing not arrested

It’s been over two months since a young black man jogging in Brunswick, Ga., was gunned down by two white men who said they thought he was a possible burglar.

Ahmaud Arbery’s mother wants to know where is the justice.

“I just think about how they could allow these two men to kill my son and not be arrested, that’s what I can’t understand,” Wanda Cooper told news partner First Coast News.

A police report states about 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, Glynn County officers responded to Satilla and Holmes drives where shots were fired. They found Arbery, 25, dead on the scene.

Gregory McMichael, who worked several years for the Brunswick Police Department before serving as an investigator in the Brunswick District Attorney’s Office, told police there were several break-ins in the neighborhood. He said he saw Arbery running down Satilla Drive and asked his son Travis McMichael to help him confront him.

McMichael and his son got a shotgun and handgun because they “didn’t know if Arbery was armed or not.”

The father and son got into their truck and drove down Satilla toward Burford Drive. Gregory McMichael stated when they arrived at Holmes Drive, they saw Arbery running down Burford, according to the report.

Gregory McMichael told police they attempted to cut off Arbery and shouted “stop, stop, we want to talk to you.”

McMichael pulled up next to Arbery, and Travis McMichael got out of the truck with the shotgun. According to statements, that’s when the father said Arbery attacked his son and the two men started fighting over the shotgun. Travis McMichael fired a shot and then a second shot.

After video appears to show black jogger gunned down by 2 white men in coastal Georgia, family demands arrests

The fatal shooting of a black man — apparently recorded on video in February and posted online Tuesday by a local radio station host — will go to a grand jury in coastal Georgia, according to a district attorney.

Elements of the disturbing video are consistent with a description of the shooting given to police by one of those involved in the incident.

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, authorities said. According to a Glynn County Police report, Gregory McMichael later told officers that he thought Arbery looked like a person suspected in a series of recent break-ins in the area.

After they chased down Arbery, McMichael told police, Arbery and McMichael’s son Travis struggled over his son’s shotgun. McMichael said two shots were fired before Arbery fell to the street, the report said.

S. Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Arbery family, said in a statement that the two men involved in the chase “must be taken into custody pending their indictment.”

Gov. Brian Kemp said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has offered resources to Durden for his investigation. “Georgians deserve answers,” Kemp tweeted.

Kemp also retweeted the GBI’s post that Durden “formally requested the GBI to investigate the death of Ahmaud Arbery.”

Attachments

• 1588813857428.png
    1588813857428.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 2

GrandmaBear

‘We Have Nothing to Fear Except Fear Itself'
But who is the arbiter of what is "racist" or not? And by what standard?
Has anyone else here EVER used a racial slur? If so, does that make you a "racist"? Or does it only matter if you uttered/texted/posted it within the last 2 weeks? 6 months? 12 years? Would it be fair to use that against you?

"Proof of motive" is a ridiculous argument. The defendants are charged with felony murder. Do the texts/posts suggest that the defendants wanted to deliberately kill a black man? Of course not. If they did, I would have no problem with them being admitted into evidence. We all know they say nothing like that.

I'm not directing this to you personally, Gar, I'm just responding to the article you posted.
In all fairness, we have not seen the posts, texts, etc. So I don't think anyone can say. There are more than just the camera man's per the AJC article. And it sounds as if there are some that are quite something on which detail has not been provided, at least to the public. The McMichaels have some things as well. And when you take that with what happened and the filming of it, I think that is up to a jury to decide whether it is meaningful or means something or not. Putting all of those parts together do not hint towards an innocent scenario but we shall see. In no way do we know everything that they have or at least that is true in most cases. And if you take my computer or phone apart, you will find no such things other than the remark I made here about rednecks, etc. Other than that, good luck to anyone with it, I don't think that way nor talk that way and even that was rare for me.

And for former LE in the one case of a McMichaels to do so, is truly not wise imo. Again it is what a jury is for. This case has some serious questions, issues and videos. Not all do, some are mostly hyped but here the videos alone create some serious questions.

It would be nice to keep the thread open. I am not baiting, just stating. And would appreciate the same.

AJC article:

In the recent court filing, prosecutors said they want to introduce into evidence against Travis McMichael a “racial highway video Facebook post,” “a Racial Johnny Rebel Facebook post” and a racial text message, all posted or sent in 2019. They seek to admit into evidence an “Identity Dixie Facebook post” and “Racial Johnny Rebel Facebook post” against Greg McMichael.

They also want to introduce unspecified racist messages extracted from Bryan’s cellphone. At a bond hearing in July, lead prosecutor Jesse Evans said Bryan repeatedly used the n-word in texts that contain “a ton of filth.”

GBI agent Richard Dial also previously testified that Bryan told investigators he heard Travis McMichael say the expletive-laden epithet, “f---ing n-word,” as he stood over the dying Arbery.

This is more than just a bit and more than just one of them. Then there is the fact the guy who claims he was not involved filmed everything and allegedly helped box Arbery in and possibly even struck him with his vehicle. I say possibly as it is all thus far allegations, etc., albeit based on some evidence.

I just posted today about a man who went to prison and about the "Castle Law" and those he shot entered his home and broke a window to do so. He got life and he was on his own property, they broke the law and decided to illegally enter. All were white. No race card there. It most definitely needs discussion and is controversial, however, in this case, no such thing was going on... Arbery did not enter or break into any of their homes. In the case i just mentioned two people did do exactly that.

Howell

In all fairness, we have not seen the posts, texts, etc. So I don't think anyone can say. There are more than just the camera man's per the AJC article. And it sounds as if there are some that are quite something on which detail has not been provided, at least to the public. The McMichaels have some things as well. And when you take that with what happened and the filming of it, I think that is up to a jury to decide whether it is meaningful or means something or not. Putting all of those parts together do not hint towards an innocent scenario but we shall see. In no way do we know everything that they have or at least that is true in most cases. And if you take my computer or phone apart, you will find no such things other than the remark I made here about rednecks, etc. Other than that, good luck to anyone with it, I don't think that way nor talk that way and even that was rare for me.

And for former LE in the one case of a McMichaels to do so, is truly not wise imo. Again it is what a jury is for. This case has some serious questions, issues and videos. Not all do, some are mostly hyped but here the videos alone create some serious questions.

It would be nice to keep the thread open. I am not baiting, just stating. And would appreciate the same.

AJC article:

In the recent court filing, prosecutors said they want to introduce into evidence against Travis McMichael a “racial highway video Facebook post,” “a Racial Johnny Rebel Facebook post” and a racial text message, all posted or sent in 2019. They seek to admit into evidence an “Identity Dixie Facebook post” and “Racial Johnny Rebel Facebook post” against Greg McMichael.

They also want to introduce unspecified racist messages extracted from Bryan’s cellphone. At a bond hearing in July, lead prosecutor Jesse Evans said Bryan repeatedly used the n-word in texts that contain “a ton of filth.”

GBI agent Richard Dial also previously testified that Bryan told investigators he heard Travis McMichael say the expletive-laden epithet, “f---ing n-word,” as he stood over the dying Arbery.

This is more than just a bit and more than just one of them. Then there is the fact the guy who claims he was not involved filmed everything and allegedly helped box Arbery in and possibly even struck him with his vehicle. I say possibly as it is all thus far allegations, etc., albeit based on some evidence.

I just posted today about a man who went to prison and about the "Castle Law" and those he shot entered his home and broke a window to do so. He got life and he was on his own property, they broke the law and decided to illegally enter. All were white. No race card there. It most definitely needs discussion and is controversial, however, in this case, no such thing was going on... Arbery did not enter or break into any of their homes. In the case i just mentioned two people did do exactly that.
Fair enough, but then let's examine the connotation of "redneck". Isn't that arguably a racial slur itself? Surely you've never referred to a non-white as a redneck.

GrandmaBear

‘We Have Nothing to Fear Except Fear Itself'
Fair enough, but then let's examine the connotation of "redneck". Isn't that arguably a racial slur itself? Surely you've never referred to a non-white as a redneck.
Examining that would sidetrack the thread. I think a person could swap out non-white and still have a redneck yes. Have I referred to anyone else as one? I don't think so but that includes whites as well, only here did I do so, again, it is not something I typically do/say. I could say more but again, it has nothing to do with discussing the case really and we covered this quite heavily some time back so I am not avoiding it and never have.

Let's leave it at that, I am not on trial, they are and this thread just opened back up. I also have no dead men around me that I had anything to do with and you won't find the term, I don't believe, on my phone or computer except here, and certainly no slurs nor jokes or worse about such I don't think.

To get back to the point, I myself find it a bit meaningful that it sounds as if all three men have such things with Bryan having the most. I also am curious what some of the things, sites, etc. are they mention for these men, but I don't want to search them on my computer as then they will be on mine and no thanks/no way do I want that.

I guess a jury will decide if such has any meaning or they feel it plays into the case and the death. I don't necessarily find it meaningful in and of itself but when one adds a dead man to the mix and the facts surrounding the death, well then, they may have a problem, it is a piece or can be of the overall case being put together.

Quite honestly, I find it very stupid for lack of a better word, to engage in or have such things on your devices nowadays particularly. I feel almost to have them or have such an interest shows quite possibly a type of belief or thought and I would be worried about it were I them, depending on what they say or depict particularly.

Do we all believe all three of these will proceed to trial is a question I have? I tend to think so because I don't see any of the men wanting to face or accept too serious of a charge/sentence in a deal nor do I see the prosecution offering anything too low in such a case. I also feel there is quite a bit of evidence which lends imo the prosecution the stronger case. All may not agree but I see it that way. Therefore, I do believe this will come down to the decision of a jury in each case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clarice