AHMAUD ARBERY: Georgia vs Greg & Travis McMichael & William Bryan for murder *GUILTY*

1588813454918.png 1588813480378.png
Mother seeks justice after son shot while jogging in Brunswick, pair involved in killing not arrested

It’s been over two months since a young black man jogging in Brunswick, Ga., was gunned down by two white men who said they thought he was a possible burglar.

Ahmaud Arbery’s mother wants to know where is the justice.

“I just think about how they could allow these two men to kill my son and not be arrested, that’s what I can’t understand,” Wanda Cooper told news partner First Coast News.

A police report states about 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, Glynn County officers responded to Satilla and Holmes drives where shots were fired. They found Arbery, 25, dead on the scene.

Gregory McMichael, who worked several years for the Brunswick Police Department before serving as an investigator in the Brunswick District Attorney’s Office, told police there were several break-ins in the neighborhood. He said he saw Arbery running down Satilla Drive and asked his son Travis McMichael to help him confront him.

McMichael and his son got a shotgun and handgun because they “didn’t know if Arbery was armed or not.”

The father and son got into their truck and drove down Satilla toward Burford Drive. Gregory McMichael stated when they arrived at Holmes Drive, they saw Arbery running down Burford, according to the report.

Gregory McMichael told police they attempted to cut off Arbery and shouted “stop, stop, we want to talk to you.”

McMichael pulled up next to Arbery, and Travis McMichael got out of the truck with the shotgun. According to statements, that’s when the father said Arbery attacked his son and the two men started fighting over the shotgun. Travis McMichael fired a shot and then a second shot.

After video appears to show black jogger gunned down by 2 white men in coastal Georgia, family demands arrests

The fatal shooting of a black man — apparently recorded on video in February and posted online Tuesday by a local radio station host — will go to a grand jury in coastal Georgia, according to a district attorney.

Elements of the disturbing video are consistent with a description of the shooting given to police by one of those involved in the incident.

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, authorities said. According to a Glynn County Police report, Gregory McMichael later told officers that he thought Arbery looked like a person suspected in a series of recent break-ins in the area.

After they chased down Arbery, McMichael told police, Arbery and McMichael’s son Travis struggled over his son’s shotgun. McMichael said two shots were fired before Arbery fell to the street, the report said.

S. Lee Merritt, an attorney for the Arbery family, said in a statement that the two men involved in the chase “must be taken into custody pending their indictment.”

Gov. Brian Kemp said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has offered resources to Durden for his investigation. “Georgians deserve answers,” Kemp tweeted.

Kemp also retweeted the GBI’s post that Durden “formally requested the GBI to investigate the death of Ahmaud Arbery.”

Attachments

• 1588813857428.png
    1588813857428.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 2
That would be a speculative conclusion. You are assuming that Reynolds is referring only to the phone video. We don't know that. They may have doorbell camera footage from other residents or other videos to base that on. It's not an indication that the phone video was edited.

The media did in fact choose to share with you what they wanted you to see. They didn't tell you about Arbery's criminal record or his repeated night time entries of the same property. They gave you a choirboy photo from 7 years earlier, statements only from his friends and family, referred to him as a "jogger", etc.
In an unedited version of the video reviewed by USA TODAY, a third gunshot is heard before McMichael steps backward, and Arbery appears to be hit.
Unedited video then shows McMichael continue to step back and to the right as Arbery takes a few steps forward, away from the men, and soon falls to the ground. Gregory McMichael hops from the bed of the truck and the two men move toward Arbery, on the ground, as the video ends.

Oh, you mean by "pickups, guns, Georgia and more, including their behavior and add in the attitudes and looks". Owning a pickup or a gun is racist? Being white and in Georgia is racist? What about their behavior, attitudes and looks seen in the video led you to believe they're "racist"?

So now we're limited to what's seen in the video? Fine. Stop talking about the damn house.

They are racist. Sorry to burst your bubble. I don't need the media to tell me someone using the N-word is racist. I'm a big girl and can figure that one out all by myself.

A state investigator testified Thursday that a white man was heard saying a racist slur as he stood over Ahmaud Arbery’s body, moments after fatally shooting the black man with a pump-action shotgun.

However, the agent said, there were "numerous times" on social media and via messaging services that McMichael used the same slur, once messaging someone that he loved his job because there "weren't any N-words anywhere."

In another instance sometime before the shooting, he replied in an Instagram message that things would be better if someone had "blown that N-word's head off," Dial testified.

Bryan, too, had several messages on his phone that included "racial" terms and indicated he may have prejudged Arbery when he saw him that day, Dial said.

"There's evidence of Mr. Bryan's racist attitude in his communications, and from that I extrapolate the reason why he made assumptions he did that day," he said. "He saw a man running down the road with a truck following him, and I believe he made certain assumptions that were, at least in part, based upon his racial bias."

In an unedited version of the video reviewed by USA TODAY, a third gunshot is heard before McMichael steps backward, and Arbery appears to be hit.
Unedited video then shows McMichael continue to step back and to the right as Arbery takes a few steps forward, away from the men, and soon falls to the ground. Gregory McMichael hops from the bed of the truck and the two men move toward Arbery, on the ground, as the video ends.

Good article compared to many. Note though it was before Bryan was arrested and more details came out. At least it points out that both McMichaels had guns out and one was at the side of the truck and one above Arbery in the bed of the truck before he even was near. So two people who could shoot him in any direction he went and one ABOVE him. Interesting too about the sound that could be the cock of a gun by Bryan. Bryan said he was both only a witness and was unarmed. Well the only a witness part appears not to be true and never did actually, so I don't give him much credence... The ONLY time in my life I saw men in the bed of a pickup with guns was in Mexico and they weren't civilians, they were LE or military. It is a shocking sight when one first sees it to most Americans but one gets used to it after a trip or two. I shake my head at who these men thought they were and that they could do as they wished. If LE was seen running around that way here in the bed of a pickup with a gun, people would have a FIT!

To the bolded, I don't believe you. They didn't come wander around at night.

I can agree that construction sites serve as a source of curiosity for potential homebuyers, remodelers, nosy neighbors, etc. as Guess Who said. I don't agree that they tend to indulge that curiosity at night, repeatedly. And I don't see how Arbery fit into any of those categories.

You have already decided on what you believe happened and wont listen to any other options for what happened. You have repeatedly said this was not about racism. Care to comment about the racial slur that was used? Also, how about that Arbery was hit by the car before he was shot? IMO, they hunted him down as many of us thought.

So now we're limited to what's seen in the video? Fine. Stop talking about the damn house.

They are racist. Sorry to burst your bubble. I don't need the media to tell me someone using the N-word is racist. I'm a big girl and can figure that one out all by myself.
Was anyone surprised they found racist things on the phone and in messages? I don't think so. I bet they have more than we have even heard. The house, the house. The media, the media. Arbery there at night, at night. What do we think he was up to, up to? Doesn't MATTER. They had no right, NONE, to do as they did. Wasn't their house. No one was threatened. They were not in danger. They had nothing but assumptions, if that EVEN mattered to them. Could have been so simple as wrong guy who they didn't want in THEIR little neighborhood. They also should have been tested but I bet they weren't. Someone should ask that question. Were any of the three tested for alcohol or drugs? The victim was and was CLEAN. Smh.

You have already decided on what you believe happened and wont listen to any other options for what happened. You have repeatedly said this was not about racism. Care to comment about the racial slur that was used? Also, how about that Arbery was hit by the car before he was shot? IMO, they hunted him down as many of us thought.
Those questions have been posed before. He ignores them. Just sayin'. I would welcome discussion myself but it isn't one with him. Not trying to gang up but the thread shows it. Jmo.

You have been given MANY reasons why MANY people go to construction sites. These people are the very reason why trades do NOT leave their small tools laying around. Period.

It sure seems to be YOU that is being persuaded by the media. YOU are the one that keeps bringing them up. GBI and court papers do not qualify as media.
So tradesman won't leave their tools at a site because innocent curious people might go into the site? Wrong... They generally won't leave tools and other valuables at a site because of THIEVES. Thieves who will often visit repeatedly, case the site when no one is around(Sunday) and come back later to steal things.
The GBI didn't describe Arbery as a "jogger" or say he was "hunted". The GBI didn't decide which picture of him was going to be broadcast. The GBI didn't deliberately neglect to tell you about his criminal record. The GBI didn't decide which videos to show you. The GBI didn't decide to air only interviews with Arbery's family and friends to tell you what a great guy he was. You and others here are accepting this narrative as truth. Let's allow all of the facts to come out and consider them objectively.

They did hunt him down. It is what it looked like in the beginning, and I tried to reserve judgment early on and it is turning out to be exactly what happened or so it seems. This was a HUNT. This was DISGUSTING. The three DISGUST me. So does anyone in power who did them any favors.

So tradesman won't leave their tools at a site because innocent curious people might go into the site? Wrong... They generally won't leave tools and other valuables at a site because of THIEVES. Thieves who will often visit repeatedly, case the site when no one is around(Sunday) and come back later to steal things.
The GBI didn't describe Arbery as a "jogger" or say he was "hunted". The GBI didn't decide which picture of him was going to be broadcast. The GBI didn't deliberately neglect to tell you about his criminal record. The GBI didn't decide which videos to show you. The GBI didn't decide to air only interviews with Arbery's family and friends to tell you what a great guy he was. You and others here are accepting this narrative as truth. Let's allow all of the facts to come out and consider them objectively.

:thud: :thud::thud::thud: Why don't you QUIT with the MEDIA and look at what else is out there. That includes the LAW. Talk about a narrative, you should start your own station and do as others do in the media and ignore any side OR FACT that does not agree with what you want to believe. Get off the HOUSE. It wasn't even THEIRS!

Yet you say he was there to steal tools. :sigh:

You seem to be the only one getting YOUR info from the media, yet it's the media that is influencing us???

I kinda think if I was there to steal or hope to steal after all these supposed times, and never found anything, that I would look for another target, house being built, another neighborhood? It just makes no sense.... However, I don't care what he was there for, they are still IN THE WRONG.

So?? No sh*t. Media is not the source to go by. Quit accusing people of doing that who don't and have repeated what they looked at a thousand times to you that was NOT media to help form their opinions. Do you not know how to see every post or something?

I kinda think if I was there to steal or hope to steal after all these supposed times, and never found anything, that I would look for another target, house being built, another neighborhood? It just makes no sense.... However, I don't care what he was there for, they are still IN THE WRONG.
Exactly. Nothing had ever been taken from that house so no crime was committed for them to even stop him for anything at all. It wasn't their house, they weren't in danger from him and if they thought they were, they wouldn't have been if they had just stayed put. They couldn't get 911 to respond because they couldn't even tell them what crime was being committed. The law clearly states that they had to catch him committing a crime or they have to be in fear for their life. Neither happened.

Exactly. Nothing had ever been taken from that house so no crime was committed for them to even stop him for anything at all. It wasn't their house, they weren't in danger from him and if they thought they were, they wouldn't have been if they had just stayed put. They couldn't get 911 to respond because they couldn't even tell them what crime was being committed. The law clearly states that they had to catch him committing a crime or they have to be in fear for their life. Neither happened.
Yup. The 911 call was another FACT that was not media. It was very telling. It showed me that they expected response and KNEW they did not have enough reason nor cause. I could go further than we have too. Daddy. Left son's truck unlocked, why would you do that if worried about thefts? He was the one in the yard when Arbery ran by and went and got his son and armed up. We shall see. Sure is food for thought though... Daddy should have had that training he refused to have when required when he was with LE and the system...

I do wonder what will come out at trial as I'm more outraged by the police response to the homeowner who advised Mr. English to contact a non law enforcement person to handle the trespassing concerns.

This case is quite different, imo, because when we take it upon ourselves to police our neighborhoods we then have to hold ourselves accountable as seen under the law.

What proof do you have he wasn't a jogger or hunted down? You don't pay attention to the legal filings in the case. Who, other than a racist, stands over the freshly killed body of a black man and calls them a N****R?

What did he do, in the past or that day, that gives anyone the right to murder him?

I do wonder what will come out at trial as I'm more outraged by the police response to the homeowner who advised Mr. English to contact a non law enforcement person to handle the trespassing concerns.

This case is quite different, imo, because when we take it upon ourselves to police our neighborhoods we then have to hold ourselves accountable as seen under the law.
Yes, if that is true, I don't agree with that but even then, it does not authorize the person to do as they did? I get neighborhood watches and everything like that. Totally. However, the 911 call was an indication they knew they needed to call but I believe they did not like it when it was clear they did not have enough cause to get a real major response. Just my opinion of course. Policing your own neighborhood is one thing but you darned well better know what you are doing and I still come back to that this former officer/investigator should have. Sadly, also is that most likely the one who advised Mr. English is most likely another buddy of McDaniels. I haven't said it here but I am sad for all families. The Bryan family, the McDaniels family and Arbery's family. I truly am. In one day and something like four minutes or so, everyone's life is irrevocably changed including those of the three men. Arbery, however, is dead and it is not like there is one sign he ever HARMED anyone. He also can't speak for himself. I think these men should have faced up, told the truth and showed remorse, instead you have racist slurs and the third guy claiming only to be a witness and a sister that took pictures and posted them of the dead man. We also had a system that "let" them go. Jmo.

What proof do you have he wasn't a jogger or hunted down? You don't pay attention to the legal filings in the case. Who, other than a racist, stands over the freshly killed body of a black man and calls them a N****R?

What did he do, in the past or that day, that gives anyone the right to murder him?
A F'g N****r. Let's not forget they also saw racial slurs, messages and terms they had allegedly never heard before. Said in the preliminary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migueljum
Back