WI ABBY LADWIG: Missing from Winter, WI - 9 Aug 2020 - Age 3 *Found Safe*

Abby-Koch.jpg

Abby followed the family dog into the woods. She was last seen wearing a black shirt with a flower on it and was barefoot.

She has blue eyes and blonde hair and is 2 feet 10 inches and roughly 41 pounds.

Investigators believe the dog she went after has been found.

Koch is a white girl who stands 2-feet-10-inches tall, weighs about 41 pounds, and has blue eyes and blond hair. She was barefoot at the time of her disappearance, and was wearing a black shirt with a flower on it.

GrandmaBear

Deputized Emu Slayer/Horse Thief Hunter
Abby-Koch.jpg

Abby followed the family dog into the woods. She was last seen wearing a black shirt with a flower on it and was barefoot.

She has blue eyes and blonde hair and is 2 feet 10 inches and roughly 41 pounds.

Investigators believe the dog she went after has been found.

Koch is a white girl who stands 2-feet-10-inches tall, weighs about 41 pounds, and has blue eyes and blond hair. She was barefoot at the time of her disappearance, and was wearing a black shirt with a flower on it.

Is her last name Koch or Ladwig? Each article has a different name.

Missing since yesterday then? Winter is a very rural area and not much of a population for the town, population maybe 200.

Prayers they find her safe.

GrandmaBear

Since seeing this, really worried about this child as we go into evening. This would be her second night alone in the woods with bare legs and feet :(. I keep refreshing various news hoping they will announce they found her safe but nothing yet.

GrandmaBear

True Crime says bruised, bugbitten, dehydrated, torn up feet as one would expect to find after 24 hours in the wood but all right.

GrandmaBear

This one says the dog walked out of the woods and Abby followed. So the dog is found too. Not sure what it means, early reports and media who knows. This is the first one I saw that said the dog was also now found and safe. So both are safe. Good news.

GrandmaBear

Comments on the sheriff's department posts say she and the dog wandered out of the woods onto a neighbor's deck that was right across the street. The sheriff's department has not confirmed but the comments seem to... Sounds like sheriff's department will give info tomorrow.

A happy ending, how the dog and girl were missing 24 hours or more and came out right across the street is amazing. I can only guess the dog led her out.

GrandmaBear

I thought there was going to be an update and information today but all I see is this press release by Sawyer County, which I guess is an update. It says what I had read in comments that she and the dog had come out of the woods to a neighbor's home near her home. It mentions insect bites and minor scratches, I had read elsewhere her feet were fairly badly cut up but that's press and info for you differing, I guess. Pretty good shape and quick release considering she was missing for 24 hours and how young she is.

Good news though, just thought there would be more info. I thought perhaps somehow they called the dog with some technique or equipment or there was more to how they came out so close to home... As it stands, I have to assume it was the dog who led her out.

kdg411

Administrator
Staff member
Is her last name Koch or Ladwig? Each article has a different name.

Missing since yesterday then? Winter is a very rural area and not much of a population for the town, population maybe 200.

Prayers they find her safe.
Early reports had Koch, latter had Ladwig. I went with what the SO release & corrected the thread title. TY!

GrandmaBear

Early reports had Koch, latter had Ladwig. I went with what the SO release & corrected the thread title. TY!
I wasn't sure at first myself. Now all the articles seem to be Ladwig. Still not sure Ladwig is right either. Initial news I would guess as often happens in early stages. Mom is Koch so my guess is that was heard and news figured family name then was Koch.

GrandmaBear

I would add that I don't always catch such things but in child cases I tend to wonder if one or another parent is a stepparent because we see so much of that. In this case, I read both articles which I don't always do either and noticed the name thing. Plus this is a county or two away from one of our homes so I recognized one name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBC