1. OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the “Day of Unity” held in October 1981
    and conceived by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    Click Here for Resources
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Every October, schools and organizations across the country join STOMP Out Bullying™ in observing National Bullying Prevention Month. The goal: encourage communities to work together to stop bullying and cyberbullying by increasing awareness of the prevalence and impact of bullying on all children of all ages.
    Click Here For More Info!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

TX WALKER COUNTY JANE DOE: WF, 14-18, found nude near Sam Houston National Forest - Nov 1980 *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1999' started by Kimster, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Paul BG

Paul BG New Member

Wiki says that the funeral home "made adjustments to the face" to make Walker County JD presentable for an open casket funeral service. I remember reading that in the Sylvia Likens case that they put "way too much makeup" on her to enable an open casket service as well.

spike, Kimster and Akoya like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh wow! They put a lot of care into her funeral! What a blessing.

Happy to have you here!
    :welcome:

spike likes this.
  3. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Don't recall ever hearing that. Here is the quote from wiki. It's in the section investigation
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_County_Jane_Doe#Investigation

Here is her doe net page, I assume the 1st sketch is the one by Karen Taylor http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/91uftx.html

Walker County Jane Doe Wiki - Investigation

spike likes this.
  4. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Carl redid her recon

Who Was Walker County Jane Doe? - Published a photo · May 30 ·
    I haven't worked on my reconstruction for a year or two, so I decided to give her a more wind-blown hairstyle, rather than the blow-dried look that I had before. I also gave her a more youthful look than I had before to show her looking more in the 14-15 year old range, rather than the 16-17 year old look I had prior.
    https://www.facebook.com/WhoWasWalkerCountyJaneDoe/
    5302017WalkerJaneDoeCarkKrecon.jpg

patsella, Kimster, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  5. Paul BG

Paul BG New Member

I remember that in high school that towards the end, the female students looked more like women whereas WCJD looks more like a girl in the post-mortem pics.

patsella likes this.