1. NEW YORK: An AMBER Alert has been issued for two 3-month-old babies, Bentley and Alexsia Mister.
    They were abducted in Sidney, New York on Saturday, June 24 and may be headed for Deposit, New York.
    They may be traveling with Sandy Perla, 36, in a Nissan Sentra with LED lights on the front and Virginia plates .

Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Did DEANNE HASTINGS leave on her own, or was it foul play?
    You decide!
    Check out her story, airing on Investigation Discovery's "Disappeared" show
    next Sunday, June 25th, at 9/8c.
    Then come discuss the case with us!

Click Here to go to Deanne's case information

Dismiss Notice
  3. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

Unidentified forum - General Questions, Answers, Tips and Information

Discussion in 'Unidentified 2000 to Present' started by Kimster, May 20, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

For general discussion in this forum.

2. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Heya, I'm not sure how to go about starting a thread on this newest report I have stumbled on.
    No sex, or race yet...so I'll just post the link until more information comes from it.

The Natrona County Coroner has filed a report with a national missing persons database about the human remains discovered Sunday in west Casper.

Hikers found an entire skeleton of a person near the Wolf Creek subdivision and notified authorities.

Natrona County Coroner Connie Jacobson said Tuesday that little could be determined specifically about the gender or age of the deceased person, and that she would be sending the remains to Fort Collins, Colo., for an autopsy on Thursday.

Jacobson has said she will discuss the case more on Friday.

Read More: Report About Remains Filed With Missing Persons Database | http://k2radio.com/coroner-files-re...rackback=twitter_mobile_top&trackback=tsmclip

I know it's not been long enough to start a thread, but just something to keep an eye on.

Kimster likes this.
  3. Kimster

4. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

5. Kimster

:holycow: I thought you researched the whole year!

Oh @WindStorm , there are SO many! :vigil:

6. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

:( No, all those I posted a couple weeks ago were only October 2014! I thought maybe I needed to regroup and can't decide how to go about it. I don't understand how there can be so many!

7. Kimster

Maybe we can just do the ones with visuals for now and let the system do the DNA matching?

8. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

That sounds like a good plan. October is already all on here, so I can do September 2014 and work backward. Maybe list the ones without visuals at a later date?

Kimster likes this.
  9. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I went in to list and decided to do a search of children/babies. Now I'm depressed! How did there ever get to be so many?!

Kimster likes this.
  10. Kimster

11. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Kimster likes this.
  12. Kimster

British Columbia:

It’s almost a cliché: The body was identified through dental records. That has been easier said than done in B.C. until very recently and is still problematic in much of Canada.
    Canadian authorities have been far less precise about describing teeth than TV detective shows lead people to believe.

At one point, U.S. authorities suggested they were wary about counting Canadians as possibilities for unidentified human remains south of the border because there was such a big gap in relevant information available about their teeth, said RCMP Cpl. Kelly Risling of the B.C. Police Missing Persons Centre.

“Dental data is a cornerstone of forensic identification,” yet dental codes in Canada recorded just three kinds of teeth: missing, virgin and treated. The treatment was not specified as to the seven surfaces of each tooth, he said.

“I wanted to see our dental coding system brought more into the future, and now dental fillings are identified,” Risling said.

“Instead of just three codes, you’re going to have up to seven codes associated with a tooth,” he said.

Moreover, there is now a B.C. policy that dental information on missing persons must be sent to the provincial dental database and that dental profiles of unidentified remains be searchable.

- See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/techno...ifying-remains-1.2038488#sthash.p8ckVl0j.dpuf

MUCH MORE AT LINK ABOVE!!!

13. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Kimster and/or other mods:

I happened across this and thought it was interesting and might help narrow down states that UIDs with red or blond-red hair came from. It is maps of the U.S. and the world arranged by percentages of hair color "red". and "blonde". It attracted my attention because so many female UIDs from the 1960-1990s seem to have red or reddish-blonde hair. I was thinking about Buckskin Girl, Arroyo Grande Jane, and a couple of others. I tried to post it in the "Resources" forum but couldn't. Maybe it belongs in a subthread on the "Unidentified" forum?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/nov/25/mapping-redheads-which-country-has-the-most

Link to the Human Biodiversity Forum charts:
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/anthroscape/topic/4659289/1/

GarAndMo49 and Kimster like this.
  14. Kimster

It's purrfect here! We'll alert @Imamazed for her review in Helpful Resources. That's her area of expertise.

:thankyou:

15. Kimster

16. Kimster

GarAndMo49 likes this.
  17. Kimster

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.
  18. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Kimster-

Would it be possible to start an "Alcala Photos-Unidentified" subforum, to post photos that LE has released to the public to help identify the people in the photos? According to Wikipedia, as of Nov. 2014, LE was still asking for the public's help.

19. Kimster

Whoa! I didn't know there were still UIDs in that case. Can you link me? I'm not able to get to a computer right now, but let me look into it and let's see what we can do. I actually started a sub forum at the other place a few years ago and used to be very familiar with that case.

20. Kimster

I saw a reference to the LE sites where the pics are supposed to be, but the link was bad. :waitasec: I'd like to make sure we're still looking at the photos that haven't been identified.

Here's the latest I could locate: http://www.vice.com/read/the-haunting-photography-of-a-serial-killer