1. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  2. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

The "Redhead Murders": Possible Serial Killer?

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Lily, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

The redhead murders are a series of unsolved homicides believed to have been committed by an unidentified serial killer in Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi and Pennsylvania. It is presumed that the killings occurred between 1978 and the 1980s, but they may have continued until 1992. The victims, many of whom have never been identified, usually had reddish hair and their bodies were abandoned along major highways in the United States; presumably, they were hitchhiking or engaged in prostitution. Authorities are unsure of how many people were responsible for these murders, if they were all performed by the same perpetrator(s), or how many victims there were.[6] It is believed that a total of eight to eleven victims were involved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redhead_murders

News article: https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=brgfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=rNcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1432,4859376

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I think a good suspect for at least some of these crimes is serial killer Glen Rogers, who had a distinct preference for red-headed victims, stabbed and burned his victims, among other MO's, and committed murders across several southern states, and in California.

In 1978, he'd have been 16 or 17, and was already violent. Around that time, his girlfriend become pregnant with his first child, which could well have been a trigger for homicidal rage (as it has been, with other killers).

There's a thread discussing him here:

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...n-rogers-kill-nicole-simpson.2831/#post-70282

Kimster likes this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Oh yeah!!! I can see that too, Lily!

Lily likes this.
  4. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Here's something that might support Glen Rogers' possible involvement in maybe some of these murders (from the wiki article posted above):

The Hebron Jane Doe, a suspected prostitute, was located in Ohio in 1990, which is a considerable distance from most of the states where the red-haired victims were found. She was also killed five years after most of the murders happened, but had red hair and was left near an interstate. She had also had sexual intercourse shortly before her death.[39]

-- Rogers grew up in Ohio, though most of his victims (that we know about) were in other states.

He was arrested on Nov 13, 1995, in the middle of a major murder spree, so any murders after that date can't be his.

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

If she had intercourse, I hope they'd have her perp's DNA on file. And if they have the DNA on file, they should have it available on CODIS. And if it's in CODIS, they should have Rogers' DNA in there too.

In a perfect world, that is. ;)

Lily likes this.
  6. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

If she was a prostitute though, that could muddy things considerably.

Another point to note re Rogers is that he regularly hopped states very rapidly. For example, he killed one victim on Nov 5th, 1995, in Florida. His next victim was found on Nov 9th, in Louisiana.

I notice that the "Redhead murders" are said to have stopped in 1992. The spree of known murders that got Rogers caught started in 1994-5. He liked to pick women ip in bars or other very social places, and either have a one night stand or some kind of relationship before killing them. He killed quite a few inside, rather than dumping them on a highway. But he shifted MO a lot, and I am wondering if something happened around 1992-4 that made him change his behaviour from a highway killer to a more indoor type (if indeed he's responsible for any of these earlier murders). I notice too that he started not caring about leaving evidence behond, even his name, during that spree-- which looks like a killer de-volving to me, almost wanting to be caught. Maybe his earlier murders happened before this devolving started, so he was more inclined to hide evidence and leave less behind.

I certainly won't count him out based on MO, anyway.

7. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Some interesting comments, posted below an article on Rogers:

Maybe I can help clarify some of the open cases/questions. I was the criminal profiler who appeared on the ID Discovery documentary and have visited Glen Rogers 8x in prison. Glen has written over 1,000 pages to me since 2010, though he oddly broke his weekly communication around May 2013. No doubt due to the press.

Believe me, Glen did not want any of the information released, but I felt compelled to tell what I knew if it would serve justice. His art and letters preceded Discovery ever contacting me, so it was not for more press as has been widely speculated. That last thing he wanted was more attention being out of appeals.

There is much more than was covered on the documentary. When I signed on, I had no idea his brother was going to narrate the program, nor did I know the title was going to change.

======

My best guess is that Glen Edward Rogers is responsible for approximately 17 deaths from Ohio to CA. I have written and verbal admissions of possible murders in OH, KY, FL, CA, LA, MS, OK. He was never in Michigan to my knowledge. If he was in Michigan, it would have been a brief visit, but no known connections there.

Wherever Glen went, death soon followed.

He is far more prolific a serial killer than we will ever know unless he confesses before lethal injection.

http://serialkillers.briancombs.net/3707/victims-of-glen-rogers/