1. Eric Franks' ex-girlfriend claims he was last seen driving north on Dixie Highway in Saginaw, MI in 2011
    Check out his story, airing on Investigation Discovery's "Disappeared" show this Sunday, May 28th, at 9/8c.
    Then come discuss the case with us!

Click Here for Eric's thread

Dismiss Notice
  2. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

Sociopaths - how to identify and protect yourself from them

Discussion in 'Community Outreach' started by Lily, Jul 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I think for some, though, the problem is more deeply hard-wired, rather than destructive re-wiring that happens during emotional trauma, which I do believe can be healed in many cases, especially where the child is young enough to adapt. IOW, you can heal a broken limb, but you can't make one grow that isn't there to begin with.

In any case, all children need and deserve love, no child is better off without it.

There ought to be more like you in the world, Kim.

Akoya, Kimster and Cousin Dupree like this.
  2. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

WARING: FOUL LANGUAGE!

http://www.cracked.com/article_23148_5-reasons-psychopaths-run-world-according-to-science.html

You've Met One Today: 5 Creepy True Facts About Psychopaths
    By Joseph Joyce | October 23, 2015

Hey, remember that time there was a mass murder and the media blamed it on the shooter's autism? Or all those serial killer movies where the murderer is driven by hallucinations and/or schizophrenia? For some reason our society has decided that the mentally ill are all ticking time bombs, when statistically they're no more dangerous than everyone else. But you know who should scare you?

Psychopaths....

3. Cousin Dupree

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...ill-occupying-positions-of-power-6282502.html

Brian Basham: Beware corporate psychopaths – they are still occupying positions of power
    Outlook Over the years I've met my fair share of monsters – rogue individuals, for the most part. But as regulation in the UK and the US has loosened its restraints, the monsters have proliferated.

In a paper recently published in the Journal of Business Ethics entitled "The Corporate Psychopaths: Theory of the Global Financial Crisis", Clive R Boddy identifies these people as psychopaths...

4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

They can lurk ANYWHERE! :eek:

5. Cousin Dupree

And some people in government want to get rid of the SEC. They can't do that so they're defunding it to death. Just makes it a lot easier for psychopathic financial advisers and CEO's to destroy our system for their gain.

:gaah:

6. FlandersFields

FlandersFields Well-Known Member

I can relate. Although at times, I think it's more of a hinderance, I thank God for making me a empath. Just when I think I'm weak, I realized that empaths are a lot stronger than most people think. Reading articles like these, help me to open my eyes to a lot of things, be cautious, not to blame myself, and learn to pick and choose your battles. Being informed is one of the best ways to deal with these types of situations. Thanks!

Akoya, Lily, Takeitfromme and 3 others like this.
  7. JJholiday

JJholiday Well-Known Member

Thank you for this thread.
    I was married to a sociopath for over 30 years. Didn't know he was trying to kill me after my baby was born. Sly bastard, I was so blind.

Akoya, Paradise, Lily and 5 others like this.
  8. spike

spike Bronze Member

:hug: You are among friends here, JJH.

Akoya, Paradise, Lily and 5 others like this.
  9. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Me again. For being so aware of *most* narcissistic traits, I was completely blindsided by an emotional/victim narcissist (family member that I was caring for). Holy cow. No matter what we did for this person (new furniture, new appliances, new privacy fence..,,list goes on and on. And on...) if we went out to eat, we would be met with "must be nice....nobody ever takes me out to eat" (or movies, or backyard BBQ, or insert every sing,e thing you do. And then there's the "I can't read because my mama never taught me"...I got married because my mama told me to call him.....my husbands left because.....everybody always leaves me..... As am empath, I was the savior (of course) and got totally sucked in until I developed severe anxiety. Still battling the anxiety daily.

Love to all of you who have had to deal with this!

Akoya, Lily, FlandersFields and 3 others like this.
  10. spike

spike Bronze Member

:hug:

11. Cousin Dupree

You get the karma for being nice to someone like that though.

12. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Thank you Cousin. I need it!

Akoya, Lily, Takeitfromme and 2 others like this.
  13. JJholiday

JJholiday Well-Known Member

Akoya, Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  14. spike

spike Bronze Member

OH NO...UH UH.

Akoya, Lily, WindStorm and 1 other person like this.
  15. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Scary little kids in this.... born psychopaths/sociopaths.

16. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

oh cripes, jjh.... that is terrible. :therethere:

Akoya, Kimster, MULDER and 3 others like this.
  17. Cousin Dupree

Funny that this thread was bumped today. I just came back from doing my laundry and there was a guy there who never said a word, but damn he looked like a psychopath. Had a mean look on face too. [​IMG]

Akoya, Kimster, MULDER and 2 others like this.
  18. FlandersFields

FlandersFields Well-Known Member

Thank you for this.

Akoya, Lily, Kimster and 3 others like this.