1. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

SAVANNA LAFONTAINE-GREYWIND: North Dakota vs. Crews & Hoehn for murder of pregnant woman for baby

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Aug 24, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Placenta-sniffing dogs from Minneapolis brought to Fargo in search for missing new mother

Fargo police have brought in special placenta-sniffing dogs from Minneapolis to aid in the search for clues in the disappearance of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind and the discovery of a newborn baby believed to belong to her.

The specially-trained K-9 team began searching on Friday and continued on Saturday. Fargo police Chief David Todd would not reveal where they have been searching.

The department posted photographs of the dogs search on its Facebook page Saturday. “These K9s are specially trained in locating placentas,” the post reads, in part. “So far, the searches have not yielded any results. They are still out searching for Savanna. #FindSavanna”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/2...ht-to-fargo-in-search-for-missing-new-mother/

[​IMG]

2. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    Akoya, Paradise, spike and 1 other person like this.
  3. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

'They took my world from me,' says boyfriend of missing Fargo woman

Ashton Matheny is experiencing a deeper hell than most people can imagine.

One week ago, his girlfriend of six years, Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, eight months pregnant with their child, disappeared from her north Fargo apartment building.

Then, on Thursday, police found a newborn baby girl in the very same apartment building and arrested two people suspected of kidnapping LaFontaine-Greywind and the baby, and perhaps much worse.

Matheny hasn't been allowed to see the baby girl believed to belong to him and his girlfriend. He hasn't even seen a photo of the girl. The couple named their child Haisley Jo.

Although the two suspects told police that the baby belongs to LaFontaine-Greywind, authorities won't allow family to see the child until DNA testing confirms LaFontaine-Greywind is the mother. The baby remains at Sanford Children's Hospital and in the custody of Cass County Social Services.

"It breaks my heart," Matheny says. "They're admitting it's (our) baby. I guarantee if I saw it I could tell whose child is. It doesn't matter what I think. They have guidelines and procedures. It's frustrating, man."

On Friday morning, Matheny gave DNA swabs to police. He was told results would take about a week.

Matheny and LaFontaine-Greywind were scheduled to move into an apartment together in north Fargo on Friday, Sept. 1. The baby was due Wednesday, Sept. 20. The apartment is across McKinley Park from the building where the Greywind family lives and the woman disappeared.

Matheny and LaFontaine-Greywind met in 2011 at Devils Lake High School. He was a freshman. She was a sophomore. They were just friends the first two months after they met, but then Matheny mustered up the courage to ask her out.

It took two months for them to have their first kiss, he says, but he knew before long that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

"I was the first one to say 'I love you,'" he says. "It's a hard thing to say to someone. I said, 'I love you. I want to be with you.' She was surprised. She said, 'Wow, I never thought you'd say that. I feel exactly the same way.'"

http://www.grandforksherald.com/new...y-world-me-says-boyfriend-missing-fargo-woman

4. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Pregnant woman found dead may have been victim of ‘womb raiders’
    By Joshua Rhett Miller

August 28, 2017 | 9:52am

The body of a missing pregnant woman was found wrapped in plastic in a North Dakota river, ending an eight-day search and raising the macabre possibility that “womb raiders” forcibly removed her baby before she was killed, authorities and reports say.

Fargo Police Chief David Todd told reporters late Sunday that kayakers found the body of Savanna Greywind, 22, hanging from a log in the Red River. Todd, who spoke to the media from the Minnesota side of the river about six miles north of Moorhead, said investigators found suspicious material at a nearby farmstead that may be a crime scene, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

Greywind, a nursing assistant at a senior care facility, disappeared on Aug. 19 from the apartment she shared with her parents in north Fargo. Five days after she went missing, a 2-day old baby girl was found at a neighbor’s home.

A DNA test proved the baby was Greywind’s daughter — leading investigators to suspect labor was somehow induced, or that the child could have been removed from the mother’s womb.

The grisly discovery has now taken over conversations at local coffee shops, churches and hotels, where some residents are imagining the grim realization that Greywind may have been the victim of “womb raiders,” the Star Tribune reports.

“It’s like a Lifetime movie,” one Fargo resident, Tammy Krause, told the newspaper.

“Nothing surprises me anymore,” said Bill Larson, of Moorhead, Minn.

The woman’s parents have told police she visited a neighbor’s apartment to work on a sewing project and never came back. The two neighbors — Brooke Crews, 38, and William Hoehn, 32 — were taken into custody after the baby was found and charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping.

Todd announced Thursday on Facebook. “A newborn infant was also present in the apartment. The infant was alive and was immediately taken to a medical facility. Our investigation thus far indicates the possibility that this is Savanna Greywind’s child.”

Hoehn and Crews are expected to make their first court appearance Monday, according to the Star Tribune.

The baby, meanwhile, is under observation at a hospital in Fargo under the custody of Cass County Social Services.

Up to 400 people, including one man from as far away as Arizona, took part in searches for the woman since they began Friday, one day after her newborn baby was found alive, the Bismarck Tribune reports.

“It’s shocking because I knew her as a childhood friend,” said Jewel Azure, who volunteered for the search over the weekend with her mother. “It’s so sad. It seems like something you’d see on a crime show. Everything about it just horrific.”

The father of the woman’s baby told WDAY that he and Greywind had been expecting a baby girl who was due in late September. They had planned to name her Haisley Jo, he said.

“They said it’s healthy, but they’re running more tests,” Ashton Matheny said Thursday.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/28/pregnant-woman-found-dead-may-have-been-victim-of-womb-raiders/

Attached Files:

GarAndMo49, Akoya, noZme and 3 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:vigil: A very sad discovery.

GarAndMo49, Akoya, noZme and 2 others like this.
  6. spike

spike Bronze Member

Unconscionable. No words.

GarAndMo49, Akoya, noZme and 2 others like this.
  7. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I hope little Haisley overcomes the circumstances of her birth & has a happy life. Prayers for all.

8. Kimster

9. Kimster

When are they going to release Haisley to her family? :(

10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing pregnant woman was violently killed, police say

Authorities say a missing North Dakota woman whose body was found in the Red River had been violently killed.

Fargo police announced Tuesday that 22-year-old Savanna Greywind’s cause of death was homicidal violence. Investigators didn’t release further details of a preliminary autopsy on Greywind.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/29/missing-pregnant-woman-was-violently-killed-police-say/

Pregnant Fargo woman died from homicidal violence

Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, who was eight months pregnant when she disappeared from her Fargo apartment earlier this month, died from homicidal violence, authorities said Tuesday.

The couple who lived upstairs, William Hoehn, 32, and Brooke Crews, 38, were charged Monday with conspiring to kidnap and murder LaFontaine-Greywind and steal her baby, who remains in protective custody, to claim as their own.

[...] Hoehn returned home to his apartment to find Crews, his girlfriend of three years, cleaning up blood in their bathroom, according to documents filed Monday in Cass County District Court. He told investigators she showed him a newborn baby girl.

"This is our baby, this is our family," she told him, according to the court documents.

Crews gave police a different account of how she got the newborn, according to the criminal complaint.

She told investigators that she called LaFontaine-Greywind to her apartment Aug. 19 and instructed her on how to self-induce birth by breaking her own water. Crews said that LaFontaine-Greywind left, and returned two days later to give Crews the child, the documents state.

Police arrested Crews and Hoehn last Thursday after serving a search warrant. Hoehn admitted to police that he removed garbage bags containing bloody towels and his own bloody shoes from the apartment and disposed of them.

Although officers had visually searched the apartment three times, it wasn't until their fourth — a complete forensic search with a search warrant — that they found the newborn.

The baby girl, at Sanford Children's Hospital in Fargo under the custody of Cass County Social Services, is believed to be LaFontaine-Greywind's, but authorities are doing DNA tests to be sure.

Police haven't said whether LaFontaine-Greywind's body showed evidence of a Caesarean section or of labor having been induced. It's also unclear where she died.

http://www.startribune.com/authorit...woman-died-from-homicidal-violence/442152143/

11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I think they're still waiting on the DNA results.

Akoya, Paradise and spike like this.
  12. Kimster

I get that but c'mon, they know it's her and she needs to bond with her family!

Akoya, patsella, spike and 2 others like this.
  13. spike

spike Bronze Member

Honestly. The loss of common, decent sense.
    Idiots. Everywhere.

GarAndMo49, Akoya, patsella and 2 others like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Pregnant North Dakota woman's boyfriend finally meets baby after her death

The boyfriend and parents of a pregnant woman whose body was found in a river have been allowed to see the baby they believe to be hers, US media report.

The baby is being held in protective custody pending DNA test results.

"She is beautiful," Ms LaFontaine-Greywind's mother, Norberta, said when she was introduced to the baby for the first time, local news site Valley News Live reports.

Ashton Matheny, Ms LaFontaine-Greywind's boyfriend and the father of her baby, said that visiting the child was "the best feeling" she had ever had, according to a report in the Bismarck Tribune.

"I wish Savanna could have been there to enjoy it with me," Mr Matheny said. "After all these dark days, she lit my day right up."

He said the couple had previously named their child Haisley Jo.

The newborn baby, whom police presume to be Ms LaFontaine-Greywind's daughter, is being cared for by Cass County Social Services until her identity has been established.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41113624

GarAndMo49, Akoya, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  15. spike

spike Bronze Member

North Dakota.
    Remind me not to visit.

GarAndMo49, Akoya, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  16. Kimster

No kidding! It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out who the baby belongs to and where she needs to go.

17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Report: DNA Confirms Baby is Greywind's

Fargo ABC-affiliate WDAY is reporting the boyfriend of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind has confirmed DNA results show he and Greywind are the parents of the newborn infant found in the apartment of the two individuals who have been charged in the case.

"She's mine," WDAY reports Ashton Matheny told the Fargo Forum Monday.

http://kstp.com/news/savanna-greywi...irm-haisley-jo-fargo-ashton-mattheny/4599761/

Pictures of the baby at link. She's adorable. (Kind of can't believe that her father released her photos to the media.)

spike likes this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mental evaluation of suspect in LaFontaine-Greywind killing filed with court

Results of a mental health evaluation on one of two suspects in the killing of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind have been turned over to Cass County District Court.

The evaluation for Brooke Crews was filed Monday, Nov. 13, court records show.

Crews is one of two suspects accused of killing 22-year-old LaFontaine-Greywind and abducting her newborn daughter in August. The other suspect is Crews' live-in boyfriend, William Hoehn.

They have both pleaded not guilty to charges of conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit kidnapping, and providing false information to police.

Crews' next court hearing is set for Jan. 3. Hoehn has a hearing slated for Dec. 6.

http://www.inforum.com/news/crime-a...spect-lafontaine-greywind-killing-filed-court

19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

spike and Paradise like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Suspect in killing of pregnant Fargo woman pleads guilty; details remain under wraps

A North Dakota woman pleaded guilty Monday in the killing of a pregnant neighbor so she and her boyfriend could keep the baby, though officials are still saying little about how the victim died.

Brooke Crews, 38, could face life in prison after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit kidnapping and murder and lying to law officers in the death of 22-year-old Savanna Greywind, of Fargo. Her boyfriend, William Hoehn, 32, has pleaded not guilty to conspiracy to commit kidnapping and murder and lying to law officers.

He is scheduled for trial in March, which a prosecutor cited as a reason for continuing to withhold information on the case.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/1...nt-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-pleads-guilty/

Kimster and Paradise like this.