1. OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the “Day of Unity” held in October 1981
    and conceived by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    Click Here for Resources
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Every October, schools and organizations across the country join STOMP Out Bullying™ in observing National Bullying Prevention Month. The goal: encourage communities to work together to stop bullying and cyberbullying by increasing awareness of the prevalence and impact of bullying on all children of all ages.
    Click Here For More Info!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

GA RISING FAWN JANE DOE: WF, 16-25, on East Side of NB I-59 - 16 December 1988

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1999' started by Romulus, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Romulus

Romulus Member

The Doe Network:
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/26ufga.html

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Reconstructions of Victim

Unidentified White Female

• Located on December 16, 1988 in Rising Fawn, Dade County, Georgia.
    • Cause of death was homicide.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 16 - 25 years old. Birth Range: 1963 - 1972.
        • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6 - 5'8"; 120 - 125 lbs.
        • Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length strawberry red or brownish-red hair with frosted ends; brown eyes. No tattoos or scars.
        • Clothing: She was wearing an X-large, navy blue, thermaknit, long-sleeved pullover shirt; navy blue bra; Calvin Klein jeans; and black, size 9, lace-up, ankle-high shoes.
        • Jewelry: She wore a yellow gold chain around her neck and a white gold pinkie ring with a heart on the top. She wore the ring on her left pinkie finger.
        • Fingerprints: Available.
        • Dentals: Available. Three restorations, all very minor. Tooth 17 impacted.
        • DNA: Available.
      Case History
      The victim was discovered on the east side of the northbound Interstate 59 lane. The victim was located approximately five miles from the Georgia / Alabama state line. The cause of her death was strangulation.
      This girl was sexually abused before her murder. Investigators feel like she is someone who might have been traveling through. In 1988, hitchhiking was not that uncommon.

Investigators
      If you have any information on this woman's identity or the circumstances surrounding her homicide, please contact:
      Georgia Bureau of Investigation
      Special Agent Joe Montgomery
      770-624-1424
      OR
      Dade County Coroners Office
      706-657-4111
      All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 11980189

NCIC Number:
      U-500927633
      Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
      Georgia Bureau of Investigation
      The Chattanoogan
      NamUs
    ETA media link: http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...n-found-1988-in-georgia-do-you-know-her.2683/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Kimster and spike like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I feel terrible for this girl. I have a feeling she hasn't ever been reported missing, either.

spike likes this.
  3. The extra-large sweater makes me wonder. She wasn't very tall and definitely not overweight. If she was in a rough situation where she took whatever clothes she could get, that might explain the lack of family coming forward. Two other reasons I can think of are the following. My first idea is that it wasn't hers and instead belonged to her attacker. My second idea is that she could have been rather modest. Maybe a young Mormon? Were the rest of the clothes sized accordingly?

Kimster and spike like this.
  4. Kimster, Romulus and spike like this.