1. Zoe Campos disappeared from Lubbock, Texas in 2013.

Check out her story, "Into the Night", airing on Investigation Discovery's "Disappeared" series Sunday, April 30th at 9/8c.
    Then come back here and discuss with us!

Click Here for Zoe's thread!

Dismiss Notice
  2. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

MS OLIVE BRANCH JANE DOE: WF, 30-35, found on Hwy 78 near Olive Branch, MS - January 1985 *GRAPHIC*

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1999' started by Kimster, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

MISSISSIPPI.jpg

1985 - Olive Branch, Mississippi

On January 24, 1985, a southbound truck driver on U.S. Highway 78, southeast of Olive Branch, Mississippi, spotted this woman's body west of a rest area, just east of the Coldwater river bridge.

She had been strangled....

She was 30-35 years old, about 5 feet 4 inches tall, and 130 lbs. She had reddish blonde hair. The coroner's report indicates she had brown eyes; however, the autopsy report indicates grey eyes.

She had a tattoo on the inside right ankle of the letters "T.H.C.", and another on the inside of her left ankle of the letters "RCJ" (or REJ, or RET). She was a heavy smoker, and a habitual nail biter.

This woman's case is very similar to a series of murders that occurred in the 1980's, involving red haired women, who were hitchhikers / wanderers, and were strangled and left aside highways.

She is buried in an unmarked grave at the Blocker Cemetery in Olive Branch, Mississippi.

Nearly 30 years after her death, she remains UNIDENTIFIED. (by c koppelman)

The Doe Network:
    Case File 369UFMS

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/images/369UFMS.jpg
    Reconstruction of Victim

Unidentified White Female
    The victim was discovered on January 24, 1985 in Desoto County, Mississippi

Vital Statistics
    * Estimated age: 30-35 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"; 130 lbs.
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Dark blonde to strawberry blonde hair. Short to medium length & wavy. Grey eyes. Freckled complexion. Small frame. Tattoos: Right ankle ~T.H.C., Left Ankle ~ R.C.J. 12 cm. diagonal scar on back of left forearm. Scar on left hand's PIP joint, on second and third Fingers 1.5 and 2 cm. Scars on base of thumb.
    * Dentals: Available
    * Clothing: A light peach-colored blouse and blue jeans.
    * Fingerprints:Not available
    * DNA: Not available

Case History
    The victim was located on U.S. 78, Southeast of Olive Branch, MS., west of the rest area. The body was spotted about 7:30am, January 24, just east of the Coldwater river bridge, by a southbound truck driver, who subsequently notified authorities.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Desoto County Sheriffs Department
    Commander Blackston
    901-527-6581
    You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Warning - Postmortem Photo At Link
    https://identifyus.org/cases/8675

2. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

Olive Branch is very close to the TN state line. Memphis would be the closest TN city. Thousands of truckers pass through that general area.

MissyMoo, Scorpio, Akoya and 3 others like this.
  3. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

4. Late to this thread, but is there a possibility of her being Janet Kramer? Janet would have been 27 when this body was found and had similar traits.

5. Kimster

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kramer_janet.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/21165

Hmmm. She's not on the rule out list and she was a runaway so.... it does seem possible!

Rule outs:

Ida Anderson 1937 Michigan
    Audrey Backeberg 1942 Wisconsin
    Darcy Brown 1943 Ohio
    Peggy Byars-Baisden 1941 Florida
    Mabel Chambers 1920 Delaware
    Jane Clement 1941 Louisiana
    Evelyn Hartley 1937 Wisconsin
    Mary Little 1940 Georgia
    Mary Mclaughlin 1938 Michigan
    Dianna Munyon 1965 California
    Betty Roberts 1930 Maryland
    Doris SCANDALIS 1930 California
    Beverly Sharpman 1930 Pennsylvania
    Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois
    Floradean Walker 1925 Texas
    Mildred Zentner 1936 Michigan

6. Kimster

MissyMoo, Scorpio, Sunburst and 2 others like this.
  7. Kimster

This doe doesn't say anything about an old elbow fracture. Janet did have a break when she was 6.

8. Good point. Thank you for the feedback.

Akoya and MissyMoo like this.
  9. Kimster

It could have just been overlooked, or held back. I'd definitely feel better if Janet was on the rule out list!

Akoya likes this.
  10. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

A couple of years ago on "another site" Janet Kramer was being mentioned as a possible match for a different UID, but one of the sleuthers found a woman with the same name on a social media site, alive and well, that looked like a decades older JK. The resemblance was amazing, down to wearing a pair of wire rimmed glasses in a different style. IDK what happened as far as a follow-up as to whether social media woman was THE Janet Kramer.

Akoya, MissyMoo and Kimster like this.
  11. Kimster

Thank you for the information! I assume that was Carl's group? I was wondering if they had mentioned Janet before. Because she's still listed on namus, I think this should be turned in. Don't you guys?

12. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

13. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

The information included on the ViCAP poster is interesting. They are requesting anyone who knew a woman who turned up missing after the 1985 New Year who smoked and appeared nervous.

I guess someone must have seen her before her death.

14. Sunburst

Sunburst Bronze Member

If I can find the social media page again, am I allowed to post it here? I looked at it a couple of years ago. The social media JK was living either in the same town or very close to where the 1970's Janet Kramer was originally from. I thought at the time it was not a coincidence. Remember teenage Janet had been sent to a school in the Midwest and disappeared from the school- she did not disappear from her hometown.

15. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

She had grey eyes, I have never met a person with grey eyes - and I'm old!!

Akoya, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  16. Kimster

As long as the person doesn't request it not be reprinted. We're a bit lax about blogs in the UID forum. Every tip helps!

MissyMoo and Akoya like this.