1. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

NSW: Killer psych patients may be secretly released.

Discussion in 'Australia: Crimes & Trials' started by Lily, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

To add to the anonymity they already enjoy, an alarming option being considered by the NSW Law Commission is for police not to be told when forensic patients are released into the community. The Daily Telegraph revealed on Tuesday the proposal would mean government agencies would share the information “by agreement” with the police, but only the Attorney-General and Health Minister automatically notified.

If adopted, the proposal would dramatically extend the privacy rights of offenders.

NSW Police Association’s Scott Weber told news.com.au an important part of an offender’s rehabilitation was making sure they abided by their parole or release conditions, which was a “normal thing for police” to do.

However, that was impossible when police didn’t know who was being let out into the community. “It really is policing 101 for officers to know what offenders are being released.”

Peter Rolfe, president of victims group Support After Murder, told news.com.au the thought violent criminals who have taken lives could be released quietly into the community was an insult to victims.

“It’s offensive to them and of course many would find it scary to know they were out.”

He accused the Mental Health Review Tribunal of being a “law unto themselves”.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...d/news-story/e10de42b832ccc6fa7455d948ec88451

spike and MULDER like this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm not grasping the reasoning behind this...what in the world have I missed this time?

spike, MULDER and Lily like this.
  3. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Me neither Kimster & Lily.
    This is not helping anyone.
    We already have enough trouble with early parole and repeat offenders.
    I wonder what's going on when they come up with stupid ideas like this.
    I cant fathom why they would further insult the victims and the families.

Lily and spike like this.
  4. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

...let alone the police being unable to keep track of 'em.. and not just for parole purposes either. Does anyone really want the next Derek Percy living free and clear of the police radar? It's beyond stupid. And there's a lot of pedos this would benefit.

Might sound a bit conspiracy theory but I sometimes wonder exactly how many pedos hold top positions in our Govt, - they seem far too 'protected'. Wonder if O'Gorman had his grubby mitts all over this one...

spike and MULDER like this.
  5. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

In 1967, the CIA Created the Label "Conspiracy Theorists" ... to Attack Anyone Who Challenges the "Official" Narrative.

I have no problem with 'conspiracy theories' - I'd love to see some figures on how many of them have been proven right - must be about 90% ;)
    https://our.wikileaks.org/Pizzagate

When I see laws and changes to laws which benefit the lawless - then there is something going on.

Lily and spike like this.