1. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

NC JACKSONVILLE JANE DOE: WF, 25-40, found in Jacksonville, NC - 6 December 1995

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1980 to 1999' started by Akoya, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

On December 6th, 1995, a surveyor attempting to locate marking stakes located a complete set of skeletal remains in the wooded area adjacent to Courts Plus on US Highway 17, in Jacksonville, NC.
    The body was believed to have been disposed around two years before. No cause of death could be assessed, yet it is suspected she was a homicide victim.

spike and MULDER like this.
  2. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2824

Case Information
    Status Unidentified
    Case number 96-600
    Date found December 06, 1995 00:00
    Date created November 25, 2008 14:01
    Date last modified March 18, 2015 14:55
    Investigating agency
    date QA reviewed November 26, 2008 05:12

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
    Agency NC Ofc of the Chief Med Exmnr
    Phone 919-743-9000
    Case Manager
    Name Clyde Gibbs
    Phone 800.672.7024

Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
    Debra Allen 1959 North Carolina
    Debra Allen 1959 North Carolina
    Frankie Horsley 1964 North Carolina
    Jodi Huisentruit 1968 Iowa
    Michele Julson 1968 North Dakota
    Renee LaManna 1958 New Jersey
    Tina Ledet 1958 Louisiana
    Patricia Leventhal 1959 Florida
    Donda Martino 1961 Tennessee
    Vicki Nisbett 1961 Texas
    Deborah Overbaugh 1958 New York
    Parley Pate 1959 North Carolina
    Cynthia Perry 1968 North Carolina
    Anjanette Piotrowski 1973 New York
    Sandra Ross 1952 North Carolina
    Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
    Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
    Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida

3. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2824

NamUs UP # 2824
    [​IMG]
    ME/C Case Number: 96-600
    Onslow County, North Carolina
    25 to 40 year old White Female

Case Report - NamUs UP # 2824
    Case Information

Status Unidentified
    Case number 96-600
    Date found December 06, 1995 00:00
    Date created November 25, 2008 14:01
    Date last modified March 18, 2015 14:55
    Investigating agency
    date QA reviewed November 26, 2008 05:12

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)
    Agency NC Ofc of the Chief Med Exmnr
    Phone 919-743-9000
    Case Manager
    Name Clyde Gibbs
    Phone 800.672.7024

Demographics
    Estimated age Adult - Pre 40
    Minimum age 25 years
    Maximum age 40 years
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Female
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) 66, Estimated
    Body Parts Inventory (Check all that apply)
    All parts recovered
    Head not recovered
    Torso not recovered
    One or more limbs not recovered
    One or both hands not recovered
    Body conditions
    Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Probable year of death 1994 to 1995
    Estimated postmortem interval 1 Years

Circumstances
    Location Found
    GPS coordinates
    Address 1 104 N. Marine Blvd.
    Address 2
    City Jacksonville
    State North Carolina
    Zip code
    County Onslow
    Circumstances
    Skeletal remains found by surveyors in a wooded area.

Physical
    Hair color Brown
    Head hair
    Brown
    Body hair

Facial hair

Left eye color Unknown or Missing
    Right eye color Unknown or Missing
    Eye description
    Decomposed

Medical
    Medical implants
    Foreign objects
    Skeletal findings
    Bifurcated right fifth rib.

Clothing on body

Clothing with body
    Fragments of black pair of "Lee" jeans; remnants of black panties; fragments of yellow short-sleeved shirt labeled "Xtrovert" w/padded shoulders; portions of a ribbed-top shirt, probably dull red w/padded shoulders w/label "No speed limit OSC"; fragment o
    Footwear
    Left Nike size 9
    Jewelry
    Black banded ladies Cassio analog watch

Dental
    Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacksonville_Jane_Doe

Jacksonville Jane Doe (officially known as Jane Doe 95-7000) is the name given to a set of female human remains, discovered in Jacksonville, Onslow County, North Carolina on December 6, 1995.[1][2] The woman has yet to be identified.[3][4]

Her face has since been reconstructed, in 2D as well as 3D, as an attempt to show what she may have looked like when she was alive

[​IMG]
    Reconstructions by Wesley Neville

The body was found in a field, believed to have been disposed around two years before.[2] She stood at approximately between 5'5" and 5'8" tall and her weight could not be estimated due to the condition of her body. The victim's age range was estimated to have been between the early and late 30s, although The Doe Network reports that the age range was as large as 25 to 40.[2][3] Near the skeleton was a strand of reddish hair that may have belonged to her. She had various evidence of dental work on her teeth, although some had protruded from her mouth. Examination of her body also indicated she had a divided rib.[2][4] Items such as a Nike shoe, gold jewelry, hoop earrings, red, black and yellow clothing, a hotel key, and subway tokens were also present at the scene.[1][5] No evidence of foul play was found on her bones, although it is believed that she was murdered.

The cased remains unsolved, although in 2012 police had a suspect in Matt Adler, who had a possible connection with her death.[5] He was imprisoned in 1995 for the rape and murder of Lisa Gipson.[3][5] In 2013, he pleaded guilty to the murder of Wanda Musk. He currently is serving a life sentence for his crimes.[5][6] The Jane Doe's case was featured on the website for America's Most Wanted but did not lead to her identification.

spike likes this.
  5. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Jacksonville_Jane_Doe_(1995)

Jacksonville Jane Doe was a woman found deceased in North Carolina in 1995. No cause of death could be assessed, yet it is suspected she was a homicide victim.

The victim had brown or auburn hair that may have been short and curly.
    Her fifth right rib was bifurcated.
    She had a large amount of dental work that would have been expensive.One tooth had a completed root canal but was missing a crown.
    Some teeth protruded.

She wore a yellow short-sleeved shirt with shoulder pads.
    Red short-sleeved shirt with shoulder pads with the phrase No Speed Limit OSC.
    Black jeans.
    Black panties.
    Black bra.
    One white left shoe.

She wore a thin gold 18 karat necklace.
    She likely had pierced ears, as gold hoop earrings were found with the remains.
    A black watch.
    Broken glasses.
    Two gold bracelets.
    Several coins.
    Two New York Transit Authority tokens
    Two hotel keys with a charred tag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jacksonville Jane Doe

[​IMG]

Sex Female
    Race White
    Location Jacksonville, North Carolina
    Found December 6, 1995
    Unidentified for 20 years
    Postmortem interval 1-2 years
    Body condition Skeletal
    Age approximation 25 - 40
    Height approximation 5'5 - 5'8
    Weight approximation N/A
    Cause of death Presumed homicide

6. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://www.forensicartist.com/reconstruction/jpd.html

JANE DOE - Jacksonville (NC) Police Department
    Crime Scene Photos
    Forensic Sculpture of
    Unidentified Caucasion Female
    Case Number: 957000
    Jacksonville (NC) Police Dept.
    Sorry, your browser doesn't support Java(tm).
    Approximate Height 5'6"
    Approximate Age 32-38
    Date Reported 12/6/95
    Date of Homicide: Unknown
    On December 6th, 1995 a surveyor attempting to locate marking stakes located a complete set of skeletal remains in the wooded area adjacent to Courts Plus on US Highway 17 in Jacksonville, NC.
    Examination by a forensic anthropologist found the victim to be a white female between the ages of 32 and 38 and was about 5'06" (5'4" - 5'7") in height.
    The victim had expensive and extensive dental work.
    Money and jewelry were present around the remains of the victim.
    The victim is believed to have been in this location for less than two years.
    This case was assigned a case number through the Violent Criminal Apprehension Program of the FBI (96-NC-4)
    If you have information on this unresolved case, please call the Jacksonville Police Department at (910) 455-1472 or Use our Feedback Page. Please refer to case number 957000.

[​IMG]

7. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://hellbeasts.com/?p=4953

Hellbeasts
    … a blog about crime and injustice ...

Jacksonville Jane Doe 95-7000
    [​IMG]

Police in Jacksonville, North Carolina, have an unidentified body on their hands. They call her Jane Doe 95-7000.

On December 6, 1995, skeletal remains were found by a surveyor working in a wooded area next to Marine Boulevard, US Highway 17. Authorities determined that the unidentified remains were that of a white woman aged approximately between 32 and 38. She stood between 5’5″ and 5’8″ tall.

Authorities speculate that this woman had reddish-brown hair based upon one strand of hair they found near the skeleton.

The woman had a bifurcated rib — that’s a rib that has split into two on the end that attaches to the breastbone. This anomaly was present on her right 5th rib, and was something she was born with.

The bifurcated rib might have, just maybe, led to some limitations — respiratory problems, neurological difficulties, maybe even lack of energy due to the stress on her body to compensate for the difficulties. Or maybe she had no difficulties at all.

This unidentified woman did spend a lot on her dental work — fillings, extractions and a crown. Her front teeth protruded a bit. Her right front tooth slanted slightly in front of the left front tooth, and was shorter than the left front tooth. Safe to say she never had braces as a kid.

[​IMG]I found the skull to be noticeably asymmetrical. That doesn’t mean she was unattractive (I consider the previous versions of forensic facial reconstruction needlessly homely).

I personally think this gal liked to make herself as attractive as she could. She was found with gold hoop earrings, an 18k gold chain necklace and 2 gold bangle bracelets.

The Jacksonville Jane Doe 95-7000 was also found with black Lee jeans, black panties, a black bra, a yellow short-sleeved shirt with shoulder pads, a red shirt with shoulder pads, and a fragment of a red long-sleeved sweatshirt. The one shoe they found was a white, size 9, Nike tennis shoe. She also had a black Casio watch.

With her gold jewelry and her black, red and yellow wardrobe, I think this woman was a pretty snappy dresser. Not overtly sexy, just colourful, and fairly practical.

[​IMG]
    Police also found 2 New York Transit Authority tokens, broken glasses, coins and 2 keys with a partially burned key tag. One of the keys was found to belong to a hotel in the area. Nothing was recorded as being left behind in the room at the time authorities figured she died. As well nobody was registered to that hotel room either at the time she probably died.

The poor woman was discovered in 1995 but was probably dead for 2 summers. There were no marks on her skeleton to indicate homicide but what are the odds a youngish woman would wind up dead, in a field, of natural causes — especially if she had a hotel room to stay in?

Police thought maybe Jane Doe 95-7000 was a sex trade worker. They checked the known sex trade workers in the area and none were missing.

Because of the transit tokens, Jacksonville police requested the State of New York include the forensic sketch of the unidentified woman in its tax booklets. That sadly turned up zilch.

Crime Stoppers of Onslow County is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for any information leading to the identification of Jane Doe 95-7000.

Aside from the reward, I think it would be just awesome if she were finally reunited with her loved ones. I can’t imagine what her family has been going through, wondering and wondering year after year what became of their girl.

To that end, I have done what I truly like to do. I have put a face to Jane Doe 95-7000. Hopefully it will result in someone recognizing her. And this is my version of the unfortunate woman. Naturally I guessed at her eye colour. I went with the reddish-brown hair. I also showed her protruding front teeth.

I chose to add a bit of makeup because I think someone who wore gold jewelry would tend to use makeup.

So if you have any information, kindly contact the Jacksonville Police Department at 910-455-1472 or 910-455-4000.

You may also contact Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273.

Invision Free Forum
    Official Cold Case Investigations Forum
    JDNews.com article

[​IMG]

8. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/319ufnc.html

"The Doe Network" : International Center for Unidentified & Missing PersonsCase File: 319UFNC

The Doe Network

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Reconstructions and a sketch of the victim by Wesley Neville

Unidentified Female
    • Date of Discovery: December 6, 1995
    • Location of Discovery: Jacksonville, Onslow County, North Carolina
    • Estimated Date of Death: 1994-1995
    • State of Remains: Skeletal remains
    • Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
    ** Listed information is approximate

• Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
    • Race: White
    • Height: 5'5" to 5'8"
    • Weight: Unknown
    • Hair Color: Possibly reddish-brown, short and curly. One strand of brown hair was found near the skeleton.
    • Eye Color: Unknown

• Distinguishing Marks/Features: Appeared to have a bifurcated right fifth rib. Effects of this neuroskeletal anomaly can include respiratory difficulties, neurological difficulties, limitations, limited energies from the stress of needing to compensate for the neurophysiological difficulties. Skull and bones showed no obvious sign of injury.

• Dentals: Available. Expensive and extensive dental work. Tooth #19 had a root canal and had been cut for a crown, but the crown was missing. Protruding teeth. Tooth #1 missing ante-mortem. Teeth #2, #15, #18, #30, and #31 had amalgam restorations. Tooth #7 missing post-mortem. Third molars extracted.
    • Fingerprints: Not available.
    • DNA: mtDNA available in CODIS,
    Clothing & Personal Items
    • Clothing: Black Lee jeans, black panties; yellow Xtrovert short sleeve shirt with shoulder pads, black bra, one white left Nike shoe (size 9), red No Speed Limit OSC shirt with shoulder pads, and a fragment of a red long sleeved sweatshirt.

• Jewelry: Thin 18k gold necklace, two gold bangle bracelets, two gold hoop earrings, and a black Casio analog watch.

• Additional Personal Items: Two New York Transit Authority tokens, two keys with a partially burned key tag, a pair of broken glasses, and several coins.

Case History
    A surveyor attempting to locate marking stakes found the victim's skeletal remains in the wooded area adjacent to Courts Plus health club on Marine Boulevard, US Highway 17 in Jacksonville.

The date of death estimation is corroborated by the Nike shoe manufacturing date. Investigators checked hotels in the area before finding the match to the key found. No one was registered to the room at the time she would have gone missing and nothing was recorded as being left behind in the room at the time.

Investigating Agency(s)
    If you have any information about this case please contact;

• Agency Name: North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
    • Agency Contact Person: Clyde Gibbs
    • Agency Phone Number: 800-672-7042

• Agency Name: Jacksonville Police Department
    • Agency Contact Person: N/A
    • Agency Phone Number: 910-455-1472 OR 910-455-4000

• Agency Name: Crime Stoppers
    • Agency Contact Person: N/A
    • Agency Phone Number: 910-938-3273

• Agency Case Number: LE: 957000; ME: 96-600; VICAP 96-NC-4
    • NCIC Case Number: U919073791
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)
    • Jacksonville Daily News Archive
    • ENCToday News Archive
    • NC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner

9. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

10. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

spike likes this.
  11. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

spike likes this.
  12. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

spike likes this.
  13. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

spike likes this.
  14. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

Rt. 17 (Marine Blvd.), Jacksonville
    upload_2016-9-7_23-41-6.jpeg

15. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

16. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

[​IMG]

This image reminds me of someone I have seen on the NAMUS Missing Person website - but where, I cannot be sure. It may have been when looking for Dolphin Doe UID (who has now been identified) and I
    think it was because of the red hair.
    Im having trouble co-relating the amount of visual profiles for this poor lady, as to me, with so many interpretations of what she may have looked like, they look like seperate people - not one person.
    I will see if I can go back and retrace my steps on the search input.

Scorpio, Akoya and spike like this.
  17. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

18. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

The sketches and images are very different. The original ones by Wesley Neville show coarser facial features.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

This sketch shows a very attractive woman with soft features. It looks like two different women.

[​IMG]

Scorpio and MULDER like this.
  19. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

I have a thought about the location on Rt. 17 where she was found. The location is very close to Church St. in downtown Jacksonville. This is the area where a lot of the bars and clubs are. On Friday and Saturday nights it's full of Marines in the bars. There are a lot of prostitutes who frequent the bars at those times. A female visitor from another area could have been there with her date. She had a hotel key in her pocket so I am thinking that she was in Jacksonville to visit someone.

MULDER likes this.
  20. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

[​IMG]

MULDER likes this.