1. OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the “Day of Unity” held in October 1981
    and conceived by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    Click Here for Resources
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Every October, schools and organizations across the country join STOMP Out Bullying™ in observing National Bullying Prevention Month. The goal: encourage communities to work together to stop bullying and cyberbullying by increasing awareness of the prevalence and impact of bullying on all children of all ages.
    Click Here For More Info!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

HAYLEY DODD: Murdered in Western Australia - 1990 **ARREST**

Discussion in 'Australia: Cold Cases' started by MissyMoo, May 25, 2015.

1. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

2. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

^ from link above

Fantastic news!

MarlyWings, GarAndMo49 and MissyMoo like this.
  3. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

They've been after Wark for YEARS for Hayley's murder. So they must've finally gathered enough solid evidence to make a good case in court. This is just the best possible news. I hope Hayley's family get a modicum of peace from this.

Some old reports on Wark:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-11-...d-on-rapists-link-to-hayley-dodd-case/5126362

warning - graphic crime details
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/20083530/former-land-owner-in-jail-for-rape/

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...hayley-dodd-case/story-fnhocxo3-1226828175367

4. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Good links thanks. Some interesting comments in the timeline article.
    She was a lovely looking child, typically Aussie too with the sun freckles.
    Maybe the family will finally get some answers.

5. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

She looks so sweet. I have to upload her picture.

hayley dodd.jpg

MarlyWings, GarAndMo49 and MissyMoo like this.
  7. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

I hope WAPOL can find Hayleys body to bring home to her mum finally.
    Hopefully Wark slips up and leads them to her soon.

MarlyWings, GarAndMo49 and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

I do wish that once these perps are sentenced, they would let the family know what they did with their remains. It doesn't happen very often, however.

:tears:

9. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/h...or-no-body-no-parole-law-20151122-gl5bd8.html

Me too Kimster, its gotta be a sick power thing in their sick heads.

Mrs Dodd is petitioning a no body no parole law, see above link.

Things have to start changing in Australia.
    We are not feeling the justice from our justice laws.

10. Kimster

We aren't here either, @MissyMoo . I don't understand why people who cry out for the rights of the accused don't understand that by letting them back into society, they are allowing them to prey on innocent victims again, thus taking away their rights?????

11. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

12. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

'No body, no parole' legislation sparked by petition from missing teen's parents

Sun 14 Feb 2016, 5:28pm

Killers who refuse to help police find the remains of their victims could be denied parole under legislation set to be introduced to State Parliament by the West Australian Opposition.

The move comes on the back of a campaign by the parents of WA teenager Hayley Dodd, who disappeared nearly two decades ago, calling for 'no body, no parole' laws to be introduced.

If the proposed laws were enacted, it would mean a convicted murderer would not be eligible for parole unless the Prisoner Review Board was satisfied the person had co-operated with police to locate victims' remains.

Labor will give notice of its plans to introduce the legislation in State Parliament this week, but will need the support of the Government for it to proceed.

"If you are convicted of murder and you have not revealed the whereabouts of the victim, you will be cemented into that prison forever," Mr Quigley said.

"We are sick of people suffering interminably ... the community is revolted by the fact."

A similar measure is already in place in South Australia after being introduced last year, and there are calls for its introduction in Queensland.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-...y-no-parole-laws-hayley-dodd-petition/7166870

MissyMoo likes this.
  13. Kimster

This is great news! I hope this catches fire in the United States too!

MarlyWings and MissyMoo like this.
  14. fox68

fox68 Member

I know this is great news, but from what I have seen on the news, Wark has not owned up to anything, (they never do, because its all about control). I hope I don't get kicked off for writing this, but maybe torture them, and then they will own up, violence is the only thing they understand, so for them to think they are going to suffer horribly, just might work. Ted Bundy owned up to the Murders he committed, just before his execution, (the last ever I believe), stating he had committed 30 murders, but never owned up to the location of the bodies.
    Ted is one of the few Serial Killers that have admitted guilt to murder, and that was in his final hours before death.

MissyMoo and spike like this.
  15. spike

spike Bronze Member

:welcome:
    HAPPY TO MEET YOU FOX68!!

I MIGHT GET KICKED OFF TOO...BUT I SAY, WATERBOARD 'EM!!
    SAVE OUR CHILDREN AND VICTIMS!!

MissyMoo and fox68 like this.
  16. fox68

fox68 Member

Happy to meet you too Spike, thanks for the warm welcome!! Look forward to pondering over these cases. We have one at the moment needing to be solved in WA, a guy bashing women over the head and then demanding their bags and phones!! I know who it is, but more about this later.

MissyMoo and spike like this.
  17. spike

spike Bronze Member

:gaah:

MissyMoo likes this.
  18. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

19. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I hope that Hayley and her family get some justice!

spike and Kimster like this.
  20. Kimster

The earring matched a drawing made by a friend of the teenager of those she was believed to have been wearing when she vanished.

Police found it lodged in a car seat cover in the ute Mr Wark had borrowed from his housemate, convicted paedophile John McConnell, to go shopping in Moora the day Hayley went missing.

They seized the vehicle about a week after the teenager vanished, and the earring’s hook was bent out of shape, which Ms Burrows said was evidence of it being forcibly removed.

A hair found in the vehicle at the same time was forensically examined and produced a mitochondrial DNA profile, which Ms Burrows said was consistent with Hayley and her mother, Margaret.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...d/news-story/ee215aaf6b6479fd423c4cf2ffe48a5c

Do they have incentives to get them to say where they put the victim's body during sentencing? That is, if he's found guilty.

spike likes this.