1. DAISY CHAINS SENDS NEDDRA ANTHONY HOME AFTER 19 YEARS!

Click HERE to learn more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

HARUKA WEISER: Texas vs. Meechaiel Criner for murder of UT Austin student

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by noZme, Apr 6, 2016.

1. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

video of Criner's family members suggesting he has mental problems

good timeline - some earlier accounts misreported days

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...disappearance-homeless-texarkana-teens-arrest

Just my observations - he may be only 17, but he has the body of a man. And, for one who has been unaccounted for since August, he appears very well-nourished. So where has he been & how did he make out as a drifter/homeless teen?????? What other crimes has he committed?

spike, Kimster and AlwaysSearching like this.
  2. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Bronze Member

All very good points, grandma hasn't seen him since last August, police took him to a homeless shelter the very night he killed her.....sorry but his "homelessness" status is his own fault........so sick of these fools getting away with murder by pleading "underpriveleged idiot".....ugh......gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr
    And by"these folks" I DO NOT mean our country's homeless population - I mean these murdering, excuse-making liars, regardless of social class....just sayin.....some of the poorest people I have ever met have the best hearts I have ever seen....bad life circumstances dont make you a killer, poor DECISIONS do.

3. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

spike, Kimster and AlwaysSearching like this.
  4. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Bronze Member

That may be, however, grandma, who has custody, says they haven't seen him since he left home last August...
    The teen suspect apparently disappeared from his Texarkana home in August, when his grandmother last heard from him.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...urder-texas-college-student-article-1.2593315

spike, Kimster and noZme like this.
  5. Olenna

Olenna Chief Justice of the Forum on Morality

I noticed: In this article grandma actually is quoted as saying that she believes that he was going to kill someone or someone would kill him, and that his school knew about his violent tendencies.

My thoughts with Haruka and her family. I can't imagine their shock and pain.

spike, Kimster, noZme and 2 others like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Maybe he was staying with someone else from August to March?

I think he killed her for money. He was seen trying to break into a van, probably looking for money. And then he killed her and took her backpack. Just my assumption so far.

7. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I am so glad they are confidant they have the right person in custody. Now little things are nagging me.

Criner's great aunt's pronunciation of his name sounded more like "Miquel" I've heard differnt interpretations by news readers & officials. One shocked me "My Kill."
    http://keyetv.com/news/local/grandmother-of-ut-murder-suspect-speaks-out

What is the origin of his African accent that he was teased about in school? Does he speak that way now? And wouldn't that be a deciding factor in considering him as the Austin rapist who is said to possibly be Hispanic?

Texarkana, Shreveport, Killeen? Did the family move around or did Criner bounce around between family members? What's his story & how far will the defense twist it?

spike and Kimster like this.
  8. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

spike likes this.
  9. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

sister talking now

disbelief

http://abc13.com/news/exclusive-sister-defends-ut-murder-suspect/1283316/

she pronounces Mickey - EL

Criner's sister, 23 and a second-year law student, says they had a tough upbringing. Their mother was a drug addict who committed suicide. A brother was kidnapped and they still don't know what happened to him. Meechaiel never met his father. He was the youngest of the five children.

"The day I found out she was pregnant was when she came home with a baby," she said.

They bounced between their grandmother's care in Texarkana and Child Protective Services (CPS). Criner ran away from his grandmother's last fall and ended up in a group home in Austin. His sister says he is mentally ill and stands by him.

spike likes this.
  10. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

She says he is mentally ill but he didn't do this. I feel bad for her. She's in denial trying to protect her family.

I wonder if the mother used drugs the whole time she was pregnant with him?

spike and noZme like this.
  11. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

spike and President Pope Dewey like this.
  12. spike

spike Bronze Member

I don't care.

DianaT and President Pope Dewey like this.
  13. spike

spike Bronze Member

He sure looks older than 17.
    I'd want proof.

President Pope Dewey likes this.
  14. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

http://www.winknews.com/2016/06/10/teen-runaway-indicted-on-murder-charge-in-texas-killing/

The Travis County grand jury indictment, released Friday, accuses Meechaiel Criner of robbing, kidnapping, strangling and sexually assaulting Haruka Weiser of Portland, Oregon. Criner faces up to life in prison if convicted, but isn’t eligible for the death penalty because he’s under 18. He is being held in the Travis County jail. His attorney did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

spike and Paradise like this.
  15. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Teen accused of killing Haruka Weiser indicted in Texas

The Travis County grand jury indictment, released Friday, accuses Meechaiel Criner of robbing, kidnapping, strangling and sexually assaulting Haruka Weiser of Portland, Oregon. Criner faces as much as life in prison if convicted, but isn't eligible for the death penalty because he's younger than 18.

He is being held in the Travis County jail. His attorney, Ariel Payan, says Criner is "adjusting" but isolated from other inmates. He said Criner will likely be arraigned in court July 8 and will plead not guilty.

"I'm happy to move on so we can get started," Payan said of the indictment.

Criner was in the custody of state Child Protective Services before being reported as a runaway March 24.

http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/2016/06/teen_accused_of_killing_haruka.html

Kimster and spike like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Trial for man accused of killing Beaverton native Haruka Weiser may be stalled

The trial for the man accused of killing Beaverton native Haruka Weiser earlier this year may be stalled.

Weiser, a student at the University of Texas, was found dead on campus back in April. Meechaiel Khalil Criner, 17, was charged with murder following her death.

The state told defense attorneys they are waiting for DNA found on her body to be processed, but the lab in Austin is temporarily closed due to a number of issues, including not following protocols.

The lab is expected to be closed until December. Criner is due in court around that time.

http://kval.com/news/local/trial-fo...beaverton-native-haruka-weiser-may-be-stalled

17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

DA: No plea deal for man accused in Haruka Weiser murder

Travis County District Attorney Margaret Moore will not offer a plea deal to a teen accused in the death of a University of Texas freshman nearly a year ago, she has told the American-Statesman.

In an interview, Moore said she thinks it is necessary to take 18-year-old Meechaiel Criner to trial in the death of Haruka Weiser, who was found dead on the campus in April.

“We want a trial, and we aren’t going to plea bargain it,” she said. “I think Haruka Weiser’s killer deserves punishment to the fullest extent of the law.”

http://www.statesman.com/news/plea-deal-for-man-accused-haruka-weiser-murder/LGyCTSWLF6yNxyGiShv7iK/

Kimster, spike and noZme like this.
  18. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

YES! I respect that!