1. OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the “Day of Unity” held in October 1981
    and conceived by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    Click Here for Resources
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Every October, schools and organizations across the country join STOMP Out Bullying™ in observing National Bullying Prevention Month. The goal: encourage communities to work together to stop bullying and cyberbullying by increasing awareness of the prevalence and impact of bullying on all children of all ages.
    Click Here For More Info!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

IL EMILY ANDERSON: Missing from Rockford, IL - 19 June 2017 - Age 25 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Akoya, Jul 31, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

The search for Emily Anderson continues 7 weeks after she went missing

After seven weeks, the search for Emily Anderson continues.

Friends and volunteers search for Emily Anderson, who has been missing since June 19th. The 25 year-old was last seen at the Steak n’ Shake in Machesney Park. Police are looking into leads to her whereabouts. Anderson's disappearance leaves many questions waiting to be answered. Friends of Anderson say there is nothing else they can do besides search and hope. Today was the third weekend search party and friends of Anderson and community members will not give up searching until Anderson is home.

"The people we do have search tirelessly and they do not give up. They come back week after week just because their concerned. Mainly, if their daughter, if their friend, if their granddaughter you know, if their loved one was missing they would want someone else to search for them too,” said friend of Anderson, Rachael Kersch Libowski.

Kersch Libowski asks for those who own large areas of land to please search around the perimeter for any clues and to call the Loves Park Police with any information.

http://www.wifr.com/content/news/Th...-weeks-after-she-went-missing--438907663.html

spike and Akoya like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Two months after being reported missing search efforts continue for Emily Anderson

The high profile case of missing person Emily Anderson continues, now two months into the investigation the Loves Park woman's family shares their fears.

With no new leads in the case the Loves Park police department is calling yet again on the community to come forward with any information that could help the missing person investigation.

Caitlin Dull says her biggest fear is that her sister's case will be forgotten. She says it's important that the community and surrounding areas are aware of what is going on because this is not typical. As we hit the two month mark of Anderson remaining missing search efforts continue to find any tips or evidence that can be handed over to investigators.

A search party is scheduled for this Saturday at noon in the old Gordmans parking lot in Machesney Park. To learn more about joining the search efforts visit Bringemilyhome.com.

http://www.wifr.com/content/news/Tw...ts-continue-for-Emily-Anderson-441574263.html

Akoya and spike like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Sister of Missing Loves Park Woman: "I'm never going to stop searching for my sister."

It's been more than two months since a Loves Park woman vanished without a trace. Family and police grow more and more frustrated as the search for Emily Anderson stays cold. They believe someone out there may know something.

That's why, on Wednesday morning, Loves Park police held a press conference asking for the help from community members, including friends of Emily, to share any information they have in order to help the family bring Emily home.

"I can promise you, until we have the answers that we need for closure or until the day I leave this earth, I'm never going to stop searching for my sister," said Caitlin Dull, sister of Emily Anderson.

"We feel that someone out there knows what happened to her that night.," said Sgt. Landman. "The family needs the answers. We just ask that someone come forward with that information."

Search parties have been conducted about every weekend for the past month. Volunteers have turned in items to authorities. Some of them submitted for testing by the Sheriff's Crime Scene Department.

"Any items collected that we can investigate that could be related, is a positive thing," said Sgt. Landman.

While some other items came back unrelated to the case, Loves Park police still have tried other methods. The department has paired with the state and the FBI for help. They've used resources like joining a license plate reader program and surveillance cameras along the expressways. Emily Anderson's sister, Caitlin Dull says it's the uncertainty and lack of answers, after she was last seen at a Steak n' Shake in Machesney Park, that scares the family during this difficult ordeal.

"We her family and the police do not know what she did when she left steak n shake," said Dull. "So, that's what we would like to know and we would like somebody to come forward and tell us, what did she do when she left 'steak n shake'? Because we feel as if that plays a very very vital role into finding her right now."

http://www.mystateline.com/news/sis...ing-to-stop-searching-for-my-sister/796738605

Paradise, Akoya and spike like this.
  4. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

So why are they still saying she was last seen at WM when the family is saying she wasn't?

I am also interested in the one report that says she was dropping off a friend. Who is this friend? I suppose this person made it home? Was this before or after Steak n Shake?

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search for Emily Anderson continues after 3 months missing

It’s now been three months since Emily Anderson was last seen walking out of a Machesney Park Steak N’ Shake. Friends and family of Anderson say they are continuing to look for any information that will lead them back to her.

Friends and volunteers have passed out shirts, flyers, and stickers of Emily hoping someone is able to give police information to bring her home. Searches through fields in Winnebago County have continued on the weekends looking for any signs of Anderson. Her father, Tom Dull, says he’s holding out hope that Emily will come home safely.

“I believe there is someone who knows the minutest detail and they need to bring that forward to us or police. It could break the whole case open to us to bring us a good resolution,” says Dull.

Loves Park Police say they are continuing to follow up on leads, however, at this time they say they have no solid information to go on. Anyone with information into Anderson’s disappearance is asked to call Loves Park Police.

http://www.wifr.com/content/news/Sea-445853933.html

spike and Paradise like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

ROSCOE — A body was discovered inside a car pulled from the Rock River near McDonald Road Sunday night.

Officials at the scene say the body was too badly decomposed to determine if the remains were those of 25-year-old Emily Anderson, who has been missing for more than three months. No identification was located.

Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz confirmed the car, a silver Pontiac Grand Am, belongs to Anderson but that the body would not be identified for a couple days. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.

The Pontiac was discovered after a resident in the 9800 block of Fantail Place reported seeing what looked like a car antenna sticking out of the water.

As of this report, Anderson’s missing person’s case is still open. Anyone with information is asked to call the Loves Park Police Department at 815-654-5015 during normal business hours. After-hours tips can be shared by calling the Loves Park Police non-emergency number at 815-282-2600.

http://rockrivertimes.com/2017/10/08/body-found-in-missing-loves-park-womans-car/

7. HelenaHandbasket

HelenaHandbasket New Member

I was just getting caught up on this and wondering if there were any ponds, lakes, etc in the area. Anytime someone is missing this long and his or her vehicle has not been found, I usually wonder about bodies of water.
    Such a beautiful girl. My heart goes out to her family and friends. I cannot imagine one of mine missing.

8. Kimster

I can't either! It's just so sad. It's probably her or they wouldn't have mentioned her in the article. But still, we need the official ID.

:welcome: @HelenaHandbasket ! Love the screen name you're using! Looking forward to more of your posts!

Paradise and spike like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Autopsy Completed on Body Found in Emily Anderson's Car

The Winnebago County Coroner has completed the autopsy on the body, found in the car of missing Loves Park woman Emily Anderson, which was pulled from the Rock River on Sunday evening in Roscoe.

Preliminary results have confirmed that the body is female. Further identification could not be determined. Coroner Bill Hintz says the County's forensic odontologist will conduct his examination tonight to try to determine the woman's identity.

Hintz says it could be another several days before that identity can be confirmed.

The cause of death is pending further studies.

http://www.mystateline.com/news/autopsy-completed-on-body-found-in-emily-anderons-car/832034985

Police: ‘Too early’ to say if foul play led to Loves Park woman’s disappearance

Investigators are busy trying to unravel a mystery that started in mid-June with Emily Anderson’s disappearance and took its biggest turn to date Sunday night when Anderson’s car was pulled from the Rock River with a severely decomposed body inside.

High river levels from heavy rains may have buried any signs of the vehicle in June, when parts of both Roscoe and Machesney Park flooded along the riverfront. But September was the fifth driest on record in the state, and the river receded about 8 feet since Anderson went missing, according to National Weather Service records.

Police returned today to the area where Anderson’s vehicle was found, probing the scene for any evidence. Loves Park Police Chief Chuck Lynde said the department is still investigating Anderson’s case as an “active missing person.” It’s “too early to say” if foul play is suspected, he said.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20171009...l-play-led-to-loves-park-womans-disappearance

spike and Paradise like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Body found in car is missing Loves Park woman Emily Anderson, coroner confirms

The body found inside a car in the Rock River on Sunday is that of missing Loves Park woman Emily Dull Anderson, the Winnebago County coroner said today.

“It’s not suspicious. It’s not suicidal. There’s nothing to lead us to believe that at all,” Coroner Bill Hintz said, adding the cause of Anderson’s death remains under investigation. “No trauma whatsoever.”

Additionally, “the car looks intact,” Hintz said.

Hintz said the manner of Anderson’s death will be determined at an inquest, which hasn’t been scheduled.

“That’s months and months away,” he said.

Loves Park police detectives are conducting a death investigation.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20171011...es-park-woman-emily-anderson-coroner-confirms

spike, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  11. Kimster

I wonder if the heavy rains made it difficult for her to see while driving?

So so sad. :vigil:

spike likes this.