1. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

TN ELIZABETH THOMAS: Missing from Columbia, TN - 13 March 2017 - Age 15 *Found Safe*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

2. Kimster

3. Kimster

4. Kimster

5. Paradise

Paradise Bronze Member

Turns out it wasn't a commune. It was a cabin in the woods. per Josh DeVine

6. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

LOL .............

Perhaps it was someone FROM the commune who 'tipped' them off.

Either that or the cabin MAY HAVE been part of the commune.

:dunno:

7. Paradise

Paradise Bronze Member

8. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

I bet creepy Tad was even too creepy for the commune members!

:barf:

9. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

10. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

11. TribeofTiger

TribeofTiger Active Member

I am shocked that she ended up in California, tho of course close to a border so the jerk could make a run for it.
    I suspect that a commune established and successful for almost 50 years is well-run by good managers. They've probably learned to keep an eye out for guys on the run with underage girls.

Akoya, Tammy, fran and 2 others like this.
  12. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Akoya, TribeofTiger, NOCLUE and 4 others like this.
  13. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/20/maury-county-family-is-elated-to-hear-news-of-elizabeth-thomas-rescue/
    [​IMG]
    Anthony Thomas (Photo: WKRN)
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – The sheriff of Maury County was the first person to speak to Elizabeth Thomas’ family and tell her father she’d been found safe.

Bucky Rowland spoke with News 2 Thursday afternoon while on vacation in Florida, saying the news of Thomas’ rescue was “a great moment of relief.”

MORE: Tad Cummins arrested, Elizabeth Thomas rescued at California commune

“A lot of prayers and a lot of hard work has paid off. It was definitely the resolution that we wanted in this situation. We wanted to make it peaceful and bring Mr. Cummins to justice peacefully, and most of all to get Elizabeth back to her family, friends, and community,” he said.

[​IMG]
    Elizabeth Thomas with darker hair (Courtesy: Jason Whatley, family attorney)
    The sheriff relayed to us that he is who called Anthony Thomas, Elizabeth’s father, to deliver the good news.

“As soon as we got confirmation that we had been able to retrieve or rescue Elizabeth, I did call Anthony Thomas, the dad, and you know, I just wanted to let him know because I wanted him to hear from us first that she had been rescued safely and she was safe and sound,” he said.

“He was just overwhelmed,” Rowland told News 2.

RELATED: Black Bear Ranch: Details on commune where Cummins, Thomas found

Anthony Thomas, father of Elizabeth Thomas
    We caught up with Anthony Thomas a short time later who was smiling from ear to ear, saying over and over he is “very happy.”

Thomas told News 2 he was in Nashville when he started getting text messages and calls that his 15-year-old daughter had been found.

When asked what he looks forward to most to see his daughter again, he replied, “I don’t know where to start. I just don’t where to start.”

“I’m just so overjoyed to have her home, that she’s safe,” Anthony Thomas added. “I can’t wait. I just can hardly wait to see her.”

Neda, younger sister of Elizabeth Thomas
    [​IMG]
    Neda Thomas (Photo: WKRN)
    Another sister of Thomas told News 2 she woke up to tons of missed phone calls and text messages, and she’s just happy they found her.

“I’m just so happy they found her and I’m waiting for her to come home so that I can see her,” Neda said through tears.

The 14-year-old said she can’t wait to tell her big sister she loves her and give her a hug.

Jason Whatley, attorney for the Thomas family
    The attorney for the Thomas family sang the praises of law enforcement Thursday, expressing how unbelievably elated they all are.

“Local law enforcement did what they were supposed to, and then the job got done. It’s just amazing to sit back and see that it finally happened. A lot of frustration along the way, but here we are. We’re just elated,” Jason Whatley told News 2.

As for Anthony Thomas, Whatley said “he could not be happier.”

“He’s also got the mix of emotions. He wants to see his daughter so badly. He’s so anxious to learn how she’s doing emotionally. We know there’s a lot of damage there we’ve got to cope with, and we’re going to deal with it right. We’ve got a lot of experts behind the scenes that are helping us,” he explained.

“The bottom line is he is focused on nothing other than getting her back right now,” the lawyer added.

Akoya, NOCLUE, Lily and 4 others like this.
  14. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

So happy she is away from that horrible "man" but this is only the beginning. I hope the media backs off to allow this child's family & professionals to re-establish her confidence & a new normalcy & have a chance for a happy & rewarding life. As much as we want to know the details of her leaving with Cummings & how much she followed the search, it would be better if she could immediately fade into obscurity.

Akoya, Tammy, NOCLUE and 4 others like this.
  15. Kimster

I've been watching this on HLN, but I have to get ready for a meeting.

They were found in a remote cabin. The caretakers of the cabin turned them in. They had been kicked out of the commune.

They had gone up there from Berkeley. So, it appears they've spent some time in California.

Akoya, TribeofTiger, Tammy and 6 others like this.
  16. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

How two Californians helped capture Tennessee's most wanted man

A northern California man said his property caretaker and a quick-thinking neighbor hatched a plan to keep Tad Cummins and Elizabeth Thomas in their sights after the duo showed up on his property.

Michael "Monk" O'Hare, who said he was out of town that evening, owns property in the small, forested California hamlet of Cecilville, including the 12 by 12-foot wood cabin where he said the pair was found.

About 9:30 p.m Wednesday, the caretaker, Griffin Barry, 29, called O'Hare saying a man came to a nearby saloon and asked for work.

Barry said on Thursday that Cummins and Elizabeth showed up Tuesday. He agreed to help them after Cummins told him they had lost everything in a fire in Colorado and needed a place to stay.

Elizabeth gave Barry a different name, but otherwise didn’t talk, Barry said. Cummins did all the talking and said they had been at the Black Bear Ranch commune, but left because they didn’t like it there, according to Barry.

Yesterday, he said, Cummins and Elizabeth helped him fish rocks out of the creek

"My neighbor noticed the car didn't have a license plate and there was a girl in the car that looked really young and never got out,” O'Hare said.

He said the neighbor noticed the man was acting strange and remembered a news article on the internet about the missing girl.

when the neighbor realized it was Cummins and Elizabeth, he alerted the caretaker.

“They were going to try and contain him but thought, ‘Naw, he’s supposed to be armed and dangerous.’”

About 4 a.m. Thursday, O'Hare said, the sheriff arrived, staked out the perimeter and waited for Cummins.

According to Barry, Siskiyou County deputies enlisted Barry's help in getting the two out of the cabin by going and waking them up to go back for rocks. He tried honking his horn but it didn’t work, so he hollered for them and eventually they emerged, he said.

“We are all stoked she was found," O'Hare said. "We’re a pretty tight small-knit community that’s hours from the nearest police department. We police our own community with diligence. Neighbors, friends and community members.”

The nearest police station from the cabin, O'Hare said, is two hours away.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...capture-tennessees-most-wanted-man/100703956/

Akoya, Tammy, Kimster and 5 others like this.
  17. Paradise

Paradise Bronze Member

What a great community with caring people.

Akoya, TribeofTiger, noZme and 5 others like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

I never would have recognized Elizabeth if she walked right up to me and said hello. Only releasing one picture of a missing child is problematic. Getting multiple pics, even videos, out there can be extremely helpful.

Cummins, on the other hand, has a bit longer hair and may have tried to dye it, but he still looks like the same guy.

So glad they were picking up on odd behavior and noticed them!!

Akoya, TribeofTiger, noZme and 5 others like this.
  19. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I have been thinking a lot about Elizabeth and wondering if she wanted to be found or if she was "happy" out there with Tad. If she thought that she was happy and wanted to continue with this life on the run then she will have a very difficult recovery ahead. She will be at risk of running again if she does not get serious counseling. I really hope that he family is open to counseling as well because clearly there was a reason why this man was able to get into her head and make her feel safer than she felt at home or with friends her own age.

20. Kimster

Now that you mention it, he does look exactly like you would expect to see from his prior photos! Just a little disheveled and dirty-looking, but I would have recognized him too.