1. DAISY CHAINS SENDS NEDDRA ANTHONY HOME AFTER 19 YEARS!

Click HERE to learn more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

ID DEORR KUNZ: Missing from Lemhi County, ID - 10 July 2015 - Age 2

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I'll just never understand this case ...not ever

Akoya, NOCLUE, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Family and Friends Continue Their Search for DeOrr Kunz Jr. Two Years After His Disappearance

Family and friends continue to search for DeOrr Kunz Jr. after he has been missing for the last two years.

KPVI traveled to Timbercreek Campground on Saturday where DeOrr was last seen on a camping trip with his family two years ago.

Friends and family gathered at the campground to continue their search for little DeOrr. They say they remember it just like it was yesterday, but two years later, still no answers.

Lemhi County Sheriff, Steve Penner has a conversation with DeOrr’s mom Jessica at her campsite during the family search. He says he talked with her about an hour but could not share that conversation with KPVI, however, he did tell KPVI that none of the four adults have been cleared that were at the campground the day DeOrr came up missing.

“I’ve said it this way many, many times, that there was four people there, their obviously, they would be people of interest to us and they have continued to be available and you know, if we have any questions or need to have an interview,” says Sheriff Steve Penner, Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office.

The sheriff says over the last two years they have followed leads and eliminated some search areas. He says ‘Hope’ is what drives them to continue the search for little DeOrr.

“That’s one of the reasons that we’re still working on it, because we think there’s a possibility that we can find him,” says Sheriff Penner.

The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office plans to have a larger scale search at some point when the vegetation isn’t as high.

http://www.kpvi.com/news/local_news...cle_a5eaf294-644f-11e7-bc4d-376fb429653a.html

NOCLUE, Akoya, Steve and 3 others like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Vigil marks two years since DeOrr Kunz Jr. disappeared

It's been exactly two years since eastern Idaho toddler DeOrr Kunz Jr. disappeared - and on Monday night, some members of his community gathered for a vigil in Idaho Falls in his honor.

It's a mystery what happened to the then-2-year-old, who was reported missing while camping near Leadore.

But investigators and family are still searching for answers, clues and closure.

Dozens of people came out to the vigil at Freeman Park, showing their support for DeOrr, who today would be 4 years old.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/crime/vigil-marks-two-years-since-deorr-kunz-jr-disappeared/455674827

NOCLUE, Steve, Paradise and 1 other person like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Remind me, was there ever another eyewitness account to verify Deorr was ever even there?

NOCLUE, Akoya, Steve and 2 others like this.
  5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that there was one that could be corroborated. There was supposed to be a store they had visited at some point. Maybe someone saw him there?

But my impression is that it's possible (IMO) that he wasn't there. I'll have to review this one.

NOCLUE, Akoya, patsella and 3 others like this.
  6. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

7. Kimster

Thank you so much for looking into this @Steve! I'll go with what the sheriff thinks, but keeping my mind open to all possibilities.

8. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I keep going back and forth between little Deorr being taken by someone known to him to he walked off and got lost.

I don't believe he was attacked by a wild animal or a stranger abducted him. The one scenario of stranger abduction
    is that the child walked off and encountered someone in the forested area who had hiked in from another direction.

I'm not sure he was there in the first place except I don't know how 4 people could keep their stories straight for
    this long. They all say he was there IIRC.

I hope he is found, very sad.

9. Kimster

@patsella! So good to see you! :happydance:

10. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Thank you. :)
    Good to be back.

11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

DeOrr Kunz investigation continues

Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner says an investigation into the disappearance of two and a half-year-old DeOrr Kunz on July 10, 2015, is still active.

The statement comes as a new Investigation Discovery television program is set to air Monday night.

While there are several theories as to what may have happened to him, Penner said none of those theories have been confirmed by his office. In a statement issued Monday Penner said, "Our investigators continue to work diligently to explore all possibilities. We can't afford to close any doors or to let frustration drive the investigation in any single direction."

Penner said it is "imperative" for the public to understand that the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office is the lead law enforcement agency in the case. He said the office does receive assistance, at its request, from the Bonneville County Sheriff's Office and the FBI, private investigators and others do not speak for the sheriff's office.

He stressed that official statements and facts regarding the case only come from the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/kifi-breaking-news/deorr-kunz-investigation-continues/655900632

[​IMG] [​IMG]

NOCLUE, Akoya, fran and 2 others like this.
  12. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I worked late but the TV was on and ready for me with the show on. This case is still as mind boggling as it was from day 1

noZme, NOCLUE, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Private investigator Philip Klein withdraws from DeOrr Kunz case

Philip Klein and his private investigation firm KIC Texas have formally withdrawn from the DeOrr Kunz Jr. missing persons case.

Klein was later fired by the family, but continued to investigate the case after being rehired by another unknown family member.

On Monday, Klein issued the following statement to the media about his reasons for the withdrawal. He declined to elaborate beyond the statement, saying “it speaks for itself.”

On Monday, November 13, 2017, KIC Texas provided formal notice to Steve Penner, Lemhi County Sheriff, that we would be withdrawing from the DeOrr Kunz case effective immediately. I would like to make the reasons for withdrawal very clear for the media and the general public:
    • We believe KIC Texas can no longer move this case forward. It is our firm belief that until truthfulness comes from the persons that we, as well as law enforcement, have named as suspects, there is nothing further to investigate. All evidence leads to the death of Deorr Kunz, Jr., we do not believe a kidnapping or animal attack occurred — and all evidence supports this finding.
    • We believe charges should be filed on the parents for child endangerment, at a minimum. We publicly ask the District Attorney of Lemhi County to strongly consider this charge.
    • We have recently become aware that Vernal DeOrr Kunz and his father Dennis Kunz have filed another lawsuit against our firm. This suit, as well as the misinformation campaign by certain social media trolls, appears to be a coordinated effort to impede the investigation. We are unable to continue our efforts in this case while simultaneously defending against a suit of this nature. As we have said: “The Truth Is The Ultimate Defense.”

We would like to publicly thank the citizens of Idaho for their open hearts and minds. We thank the businesses that offered us food, shelter and warm wishes. We thank the family members of Baby DeOrr who have pure and clean hearts, and have helped us understand the parent’s dysfunctional family dynamic.

We would also like to thank the many who we have interviewed. You are in great hands with Lemhi County Sheriff Penner, Bonneville County Sheriff, and the FBI. We believe Deorr Kunz, Jr. will be found one day.

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/11/private-investigator-philip-klein-withdraws-deorr-kunz-case/

Steve, noZme, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  14. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Copied from SheWho's post above:

THIS!

."...until truthfulness comes from the persons that we, as well as law enforcement, have named as suspects, there is nothing further to investigate. All evidence leads to the death of Deorr Kunz, Jr., we do not believe a kidnapping or animal attack occurred — and all evidence supports this finding.
    • We believe charges should be filed on the parents for child endangerment, at a minimum. We publicly ask the District Attorney of Lemhi County to strongly consider this charge."

Steve, Kimster, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.