1. OCTOBER IS DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS MONTH
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month evolved from the “Day of Unity” held in October 1981
    and conceived by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
    Click Here for Resources
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Every October, schools and organizations across the country join STOMP Out Bullying™ in observing National Bullying Prevention Month. The goal: encourage communities to work together to stop bullying and cyberbullying by increasing awareness of the prevalence and impact of bullying on all children of all ages.
    Click Here For More Info!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

CA BELL JOHN DOE: WM, 15-25, found in riverbed of Los Angeles River - 19 Sept 1979

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Oct 8, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Do you recognize me?

I’m not one of the well-known John Does. I don’t have a cute story, or much of a story at all. But I was still a person, a very real person whose life was cruelly taken much too soon. I could’ve went on to become anything: a doctor, a lawyer, an artist, a schoolteacher. But I never had the chance to grow up. Here’s what is known about me:

I was found murdered in September 1979 in Bell, California, by an LA riverbed north of Patata Street. The circumstances behind my death haven’t been publicly released. I may have been a victim of serial killers Randy Kraft or William Bonin. I may have been a victim of an entirely different serial killer, or perhaps not a serial killer at all. Nobody knows, it seems. Well, somebody does, but they have not come forward.

I was a Caucasian teenage boy, about 15-25 years old. I stood at about 5’8, and weighed roughly 130 lbs. I had straight, thin light brown hair, and hazel or brown eyes. I wore a Hawaiian shirt from K-Mart, and blue pants. I had no tattoos or piercings, and wore no watch (or any other type of jewelry) when I was discovered.

Sadly, I was cremated, and no DNA was gathered, or can be gathered, from me. Luckily, my fingerprints and dental records are plugged into CODIS. No matches have been made when tested against missing boys and men with that information. Most likely, I am not a publicly listed missing person.

I was somebody’s son, somebody’s friend, somebody’s neighbor--perhaps even somebody’s brother, or boyfriend. Someone, somewhere, remembers me.

Please pass this message on. If not you, then somebody you know may recognize me. My life was just as important and meaningful as anyone else’s, and so is my death. I deserve peace.

If you recognize me, please call 323-343-0754 or 323-222-0343.

FACEBOOK - WHO WAS BELL JOHN DOE? - https://www.facebook.com/Who-Was-Bell-John-Doe-283691432003022/

Tish Clark‏@local24tish 13m13 minutes ago

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...y-an-la-riverbed-north-of-patata-street.2740/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    Kimster, patsella and spike like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

[​IMG]

On September 9, 1979, the body of an unidentified male was found in the riverbed of the Los Angeles River just north of the Patata Street overpass in the city of Bell, California. The decedent had likely been deceased a couple hours prior to discovery.

He had short, thin hair that was light brown in color.

He was found wearing blue slacks, a Hawaiian print t-shirt (“KMART” brand), a brown leather belt, and white socks with a red rim at the top.

The reconstruction featured above is an artist’s rendering of what the John Doe may have looked like. Anyone with information should contact the Los Angeles County Coroner, reference case number 79-11760.

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1184184/1

patsella and spike like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

NAMUS - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4399

Found in LA river bed in city of Bell

Estimated age : Adult - Pre 30
    Minimum age: 15 years
    Maximum age : 25 years
    Race: White
    Sex: Male
    Weight (pounds): 129, Measured
    Height (inches): 68, Measured

Body conditions: Recognizable face

Wearing blue slacks, Hawaiian print Kmart shirt, white socks with red stripe
    Brown leather belt

Brown Hair, Brown Eyes

Fingerprints & Dentals available, NO DNA

Exclusions
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    Robert Keck - Pennsylvania
    Mitchel Weiser - New York

patsella and spike like this.
  4. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Without knowing more about how he died. I wonder if he was with someone down by the L.A. River and killed there. I don't see how a car could get down there
    to dump a body.
    Patata St. dead ends about a block from the river by looking at google earth.
    As I recall it's a pretty rough area, even back then.