1. “Some quit due to slow progress,
    Never grasping the fact that slow progress is progress.”

See how you can identify someone and send them home!

Click here for more info!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CWadmin@crimewatchers.net

OR ANNIE DOE: WF, 14-25, found in Josephine County, OR - 19 Aug. 1971

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by DaisyChains, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I've been tweeting her silver ring. It's on our media gallery, if anyone else would like to do the same.

Akoya, Advocate and spike like this.
  2. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I have Twitter but am such a newb, don't really get it so don't use it.

spike likes this.
  3. Hoping an ending is eventually reached

4. Jason Futch

Jason Futch Active Member

Looks like a new case for me to begin! :D And the positive is that I live about 3 1/2 hours from Josephine County, Oregon. I may start a new file in my home library. I have finished up everything on the Lake City/Columbia County John Doe in Florida that was identified and have been looking for a new project since.

I will keep posted on when I can get things together on this case. I may be able to start a website on this as well in conjunction with the Fred Laster/Ron Hyde case.

Akoya, spike and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  5. Advocate

Check with her LE before you make any web sites.

Jason Futch and spike like this.
  6. Jason Futch

7. Advocate

She used to be very involved in Annies case. I have an album on Never Forget Me that she requested. I also had her on NJ Billy's Law FB page which is now offline. Her album gets shared to missing FB groups

spike likes this.
  8. Advocate

She used to be very involved in Annies case. I have an album on Never Forget Me that she requested. I also had her on NJ Billy's Law FB page which is now offline. Her album gets shared to missing FB groups

9. Jason Futch

Nice! I was actually told to hang tight on going further with my investigation due to some information that has come about.

I'm going to get the information I need soon and IF I can do a website for the case, I would hope that it reaches out to family members of Annie Doe, just as my website on the Lake City John Doe did. Keeping the case alive is what the purpose would be and hopefully someone somewhere could recognize her. I was also planning later in the year to visit Grants Pass, Oregon and explore the area where Annie was found in Cave Junction and talk to law enforcement there about the case.

I am also preparing to look into a few other cases in the Oregon area that may be easily identifiable. One that I'm getting ready to look at is the Ashland Baby Doe and a case involving a man found near a hiking trail in Multnomah County in the early 2000's.

spike, Akoya and Kimster like this.
  10. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm so happy to have someone here who is interested in our Oregon cases! :highfive:

Advocate, spike and Akoya like this.
  11. Jason Futch

Its my pleasure! Anything to get Oregon's UID cases down a couple notches. I did also notice that the case files for a good number of them are possible transients, which can make the case more difficult unless family members reported their loved one missing. Case in point, the Grateful Doe Jason Callahan. I will try my best to help in any way with the cases here. Now that I have more resources at my home to my availability, it will be easier for me to get my files together on pet projects.

Annie seems so identifiable and I really hope someone sees this case and comes forward with information about their missing daughter, sister or girlfriend.

I also noticed that someone had mentioned Ted Bundy as a possible killer; though the case file mentioned the cause of death was unknown. What is the possibility of Bundy murdering this woman, considering he mentioned murdering many women throughout the United States? He had strong ties to the Pacific Northwest.

spike and Kimster like this.
  12. Advocate

Carl K's recon is more accurate then NCMEC's, he used her actual strands of hair. I don't know why NamUs removed it when her LE asked him to do it
    Grateful Doe/ Jason was my pet case till we got him ID'd. It was a group effort once greymetal got his name, everyone did different types of social media at once.

13. Jason Futch

You aren't lying about that! I remember when someone posted the images of Jason Doe to Reddit, it blew up and someone recognized him! Congrats on that for sure! I think the whole nation had heard about the potential of the Doe being Callahan.

If Carl's reconstruction is the most accurate, I would also wonder why they removed it too. Hopefully it was an accident. Maybe it's something someone can call the JCSO on and see about reposting it?

spike likes this.